Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

49 minutes without traffic. 

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/København/Camp+Adventure,+Skovtårnsvej+1,+4683+Rønnede/@55.4675196,11.9884234,68299m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652533c5c803d23:0x4dd7edde69467b8!2m2!1d12.5683372!2d55.6760968!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652ea76482ae837:0xcdbbae19a52159e7!2m2!1d11.9808652!2d55.2596151!3e0

But but but, when I gave you the direction by train it was for Gisselfeld Kloster itself and not the Camp Adventure.

This makes it a little bit easier to get, but there is still over 1 mile from the nearest bus stop.

You will then have to get a Regionaltog train to Næstved and then bus 630R towards Faxe Ladeplads and get off at the bus stop Sydmotorvejen (Ny Ny Næstvedvej).

But 2 smaller problems will occur, Sydbanen (southern Line) will be closed for 6 months or so next summer between Næstved and Ringsted so the travel plan would be S-train line E or A (weekends) to Køge and from there Regionaltog towards Nykøbing F where you get off in Næstved. 

10 minutes ago, Danish viking said:

Well then, guess we’re driving as it seems so much easier. Once again, DV you have been very helpful to me. 

We are staying at Hotel Bethel, where would be the closest car rental office?

Edited by lovemycruisetoo
Add text

4 hours ago, Danish viking said:

1) no there is no landing place (is that the name) for small boats out at Oceankaj so its sadly not an option.

2) Yes Metro line M2 to Kongens Nytorv

3) it almost only gets good reviews on tripadvisor so I think you can stay here without any worries.

Its very central so its not far from anything.

4) http://www.vorfrelserskirke.dk/english

Tak, Danish Viking!

I do have to ask if women are premitted to climb the tower of Our Savior's Church. Your link mentions it is a test of manhood!

The 400 steps may be a bit too much of a challenge for me but it is a temptation to attempt the climb....

• Haha 1

Yes I will, probably here in January.

I was just hoping that I could get some info about the M4 metro line into the new thread. 

I'm sure that it would help cruise visitors alot even though its not reaching the cruise terminals for now. 

But a shuttle from the cruise terminals to Orientkaj Metro Station would be very handy and hopefully they will use electric busses but that is just an added bonus 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Mr Viking.... great thread (or should I say threads!) The forum is lucky to have guys like you with local knowledge and willing to share and help out.

Hopefully, I'm still in the right place (and 2020 not started yet?)

Couple of questions. Our Cruise in August is starting from C117. I've looked at your google maps link and searched port info sites to try to work out exactly where this berth is as the pin on the map doesn't really indicate. Is it near the point on the map marked Royal Pavilion? (or another named location maybe)

On my previous visit on a city break, we decided to take the train in from the airport and stay in a centralish location that was near to the station. DGI Byens was a good choice as it did give us an easy journey to the hotel and was great to have easy access from trains and buses, plus good location for Tivoli etc.

So learning from this (and why I'm trying to pinpoint the berth), I'm looking to book a hotel with similar ease for airport and port. I suspect I should ignore the port to some degree as I can see there is nothing close enough that we wont be in need of a Taxi to get to the ship. But even so, if you could make a couple of location / hotel suggestions that has a good train journey in and nearby station for our arrival, that won't be a big distance from the port. (Whilst I know we'll need to get a taxi to the port because of luggage, if its not too far, I'd probably take a stroll in the morning to watch and film my favourite little ship arrive.

Edited by les37b

No no 2020 hasn't started yet but should really get it started. 

Perhaps you are looking for C177, that is Nordre Toldbod. 

Its just north of Royal Pavillion, on the current Google map there is some kind of naval ship (frigate/destroyer etc) docked at the cruise pier. 

The only hotels in close walking distance would be the Adina apartments hotel or the Stay Kastellet (also a apartment hotel) 

Since your last stay there has been a few other hotels opening in a (in my opinion) better location. 

Villa Copenhagen opens this summer and is currently only a few 100 DKK more expensive than CPH Hotel as DGI Byens hotel is now rebranded. 

Other hotels that are cheaper is Citizen M, Scandic Palace and The Square on the town hall square. 

Scandic Webers and Scandic Copenhagen are also good and so is Imperial. 

For these price i searched on a rendom date in august (Friday to Saturday) 

It should also be noted that CPH hotel is ungoing a huge renovation, currently the Foyer is closed but should open this spring. 

I don't know how it longs for August. 

Thank you Danish Viking.

Yes, you are correct.... typo ..... I did mean C177 (I was typing from memory, late at night - not a good idea!)

I did wonder if that small frigate in the image may have been the location of that berth and now I know.

I will take a look at your suggestions and let you know if I've gone with your recommendation.... or any further questions to help me decide. Thanks again for being so helpful.

It was also late at night here so I have overlooked some autocorrect errors, I hope my reply made sense anyway.

Btw I hate that its not possible to Edit your post. 

For example it could be nice to have the possibility to update the first post in this thread. 

2 hours ago, Danish viking said:

It was also late at night here so I have overlooked some autocorrect errors, I hope my reply made sense anyway.

Btw I hate that its not possible to Edit your post. 

For example it could be nice to have the possibility to update the first post in this thread. 

Completely agree. The site is a good source of info, but the rules and moderating often suck.

The fact you can post incorrect info (I'm not meaning you here) and unable to correct is stupidity.