Coco Cay

We were at Coco Cay this past weekend.  Pier has a long way to go, but I can see it complete by May.  I hope so as we have a scheduled  "Perfect Day" cruise in May.  I hope it doesn't turn into a "perfect  day ay sea" day .  They are getting top dollar for cruises stopping at the new and improved(?) Coco Cay.

The supports are up for the water slide, and you can see the bottom of the slides from the tender ride. Most of the construction areas is blocked from the public.  Kind of interesting that the blocking screens are large tropical leaves, so it sort of blends in  There is a large board not far from the wave runner area showing  what the island will eventually look like,  I was happy to see that the perimeter   will be somewhat the same, with ocean access and lots of chairs.  Looks like most of the new attractions will be in the center.  

8 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Is there a private beach for suite and pinnacles like there is at Labadee?

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, right near the cabanas.

The current Suite/Pinnacle beach  shares the Cabana area. One color wrist bands for cabanas and another for  Suites/Pinnacles.  If you have the suite/pinnacle  wrist band, you cannot walk through the cabana areas and must remain at  one areas of the beach that  just has   rows of chairs.  Of course you can swim anywhere in the roped off lagoon. There is no shade at all, and if one is sun sensitive you need to sit at another beach under a tree  or rent an umbrella.  There is a very  nice lunch.

I was told by some RCCL folks that the "New" Coco Cay will not have a suite or pinnacle  beach area!      Hope that is not true.  Bob,  Have you heard  anything?

Marci

Edited by cruisegirl1

14 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If you have the suite/pinnacle  wrist band, you cannot walk through the cabana areas and must remain at  one areas of the beach that  just has   rows of chairs. 

We have not had to get suites bands to enter the area.  Gold SeaPass was enough.

We are on the Vision and yesterday we were at Coco Cay, had a great day! No Pinnacles or Suites allowed in the private cabana area....we were told that the future Pinnacle and Suite area will be ready December.....but no one knew where this area will be.

I'm so hoping that the swim up pool bar will be ready by May (not looking very promising). We're going via the Adventure of the Seas so even if the dock isn't ready, I'm wondering if it being a "smaller" ship would we still be able to tender?

Also, I would imagine that the workers are probably not working that much when people are on the island in an attempt to not disturb their visit. I know island time is real, so maybe not. But if I ran Royal (which I most certainly cannot do :classic_tongue:) then it would make sense to limit all the noise so that customers can at lease enjoy some peace and quiet.

3 hours ago, robandana said:

We are on the Vision and yesterday we were at Coco Cay, had a great day! No Pinnacles or Suites allowed in the private cabana area....we were told that the future Pinnacle and Suite area will be ready December.....but no one knew where this area will be.

Strange, last August, just past the hut was a number of loungers, not associated with any cabana, that were for suite guests.

And did they not let suite guests into the cabana lunch buffet????

2 hours ago, KG1924 said:

Also, I would imagine that the workers are probably not working that much when people are on the island in an attempt to not disturb their visit.

They're there every day including when the ships are there. The crews boat to/from their current residences on Harbour Cay (the island next door)

4 hours ago, robandana said:

Hello over there!  You are currently docked up next to us here in Nassau!  Beautiful day today.  We are headed to Coco Cay tomorrow.  

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, KG1924 said:

I'm so hoping that the swim up pool bar will be ready by May (not looking very promising). We're going via the Adventure of the Seas so even if the dock isn't ready, I'm wondering if it being a "smaller" ship would we still be able to tender?

Also, I would imagine that the workers are probably not working that much when people are on the island in an attempt to not disturb their visit. I know island time is real, so maybe not. But if I ran Royal (which I most certainly cannot do :classic_tongue:) then it would make sense to limit all the noise so that customers can at lease enjoy some peace and quiet.

Adventure, being a Voyager class, indeed can tender into the island.  We have tendered many times on larger Freedom.  It's just Oasis class ships that cannot tender.  

2 minutes ago, fendawg42 said:

I watched a few videos on Coco cay....was wondering if there was still access to barefoot beach.  Is there still a tram or is all of that gone?

Still access, but I think it's renamed now to South Beach.  That's where they have the swim up bar.

22 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

They're there every day including when the ships are there. The crews boat to/from their current residences on Harbour Cay (the island next door)

I'm not doubting that they're there everyday, it's just that multiple people pointed out that they witnessed the workers working on "island time" so I was just thinking maybe they don't do anything major while ships are actually in port as to avoid more noise. I obviously have no knowledge of that either way, but it's possible.

25 minutes ago, KG1924 said:

I'm not doubting that they're there everyday, it's just that multiple people pointed out that they witnessed the workers working on "island time"

Ah, I understand. Those words I highlighted above I have been told as well has been the biggest road block with the lack of progress.  I was also told that a new crew has come in. So we'll see if progress gets better over the next few months by reports from cruisers here on CC

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Still access, but I think it's renamed now to South Beach.  That's where they have the swim up bar.

Floating bar was up and running at South Beach today.  Cute watching them transfer goods over to it by kayak. 

• Like 1

Just now, KG1924 said:

I'm not doubting that they're there everyday, it's just that multiple people pointed out that they witnessed the workers working on "island time" so I was just thinking maybe they don't do anything major while ships are actually in port as to avoid more noise. I obviously have no knowledge of that either way, but it's possible.

Full on construction and noise today here at Coco Cay.  Lots of worker bees buzzing around.  

There are many added mobile homes on the island right now to house the additional workers brought in.