Norfolk departure - walk to terminal from neighboring hotel?

ChrisNCruiser

Hi friends,

I'm hoping someone who has sailed out of Norfolk and drove to the terminal or were dropped off at the terminal can clarify some info, as Carnival's site is a little vague.

The Sheraton next to the terminal (less than 1/2 mile walk) is offering a Park and Cruise; we're driving in the night before so this sounds more appealing and less expensive than parking at Carnival's satellite lot. My question: can we just roll our bags from the Sheraton right to the cruise terminal, or do we have to actually go from the Sheraton to Carnival's satellite lot and then take the shuttle to the terminal from there? The directions on Carnival's site mentions that drop-offs need to be dropped off at the Satellite lot, so we're not sure if the facility allows for just rolling on up.)

We'd rather walk it, but don't want to walk only to find out that they won't let us enter because we didn't come off of a shuttle.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by newpherchris
type

Hi there!

I actually live in Norfolk.  If it is the area that I am thinking (around Military Highway/Lake Wright area) you are much further than a mile from the actual part of the airport than you need to be.  Also, the walk is terrible, it will be on a very busy street- not a highway technically but close, with no sidewalks.  I would not walk it myself and I know the area well.  If you reference your hotel to Norfolk Botanical Gardens, you will get a better idea of the actual entrance to the airport (although, I will admit that the gardens are about half a mile further down the road). 

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2019 at 7:42 PM, newpherchris said:

Hi friends,

I'm hoping someone who has sailed out of Norfolk and drove to the terminal or were dropped off at the terminal can clarify some info, as Carnival's site is a little vague.

The Sheraton next to the terminal (less than 1/2 mile walk) is offering a Park and Cruise; we're driving in the night before so this sounds more appealing and less expensive than parking at Carnival's satellite lot. My question: can we just roll our bags from the Sheraton right to the cruise terminal, or do we have to actually go from the Sheraton to Carnival's satellite lot and then take the shuttle to the terminal from there? The directions on Carnival's site mentions that drop-offs need to be dropped off at the Satellite lot, so we're not sure if the facility allows for just rolling on up.)

We'd rather walk it, but don't want to walk only to find out that they won't let us enter because we didn't come off of a shuttle.

Thanks in advance!

They will allow you to walk right in. We have family drop us off at the parking garage across the street from the terminal. We know a back way to that garage and bypass all the crazy traffic on Waterside Drive. Then we simply walk across the street and in the terminal.