Boston-Montreal in May

SPSGB

I’m currently booked on HAL for this itinerary for mid-May. I would love to hear from anyone who has cruised a similar itinerary at the same time of year.  Is this a good time to see spring blooms?  What is the weather like?  I have also posted this on the HAL board. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 5:30 PM, SPSGB said:

I’m currently booked on HAL for this itinerary for mid-May. I would love to hear from anyone who has cruised a similar itinerary at the same time of year.  Is this a good time to see spring blooms?  What is the weather like?  I have also posted this on the HAL board. Thanks!

Did you get any advice on the HAL board? I’m also going on one of the earlier cruises and am curious. 

we  went from Montreal to N.S,  mid may a couple of yrs ago  the ship was  doing  a TA

in Montreal it was in the 70's  on the way up the St Lawrence  the weather  changed   Quebec City was cool & damp  

I would take a rain jacket  just in case  & a warm jacket 

May is  still unpredictable  in Canada

• Like 1

Andi - I did get some responses on the HAL board. Most reported less than ideal weather!  Most also reported a wonderful cruise!  I made the decision to move my trip to later in June, but I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to cold weather!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

May is a great time in this area, Spring is already well underway in New England. But it has been know to snow in Boston in Early May, and much more common in Canada in May. The weather should be 50's to 60's in Canada and up to 70 in New England, but it is New England and the weather changes fast.  You should have a light jacket.