Staying in touch onboard and MSC Internet

adelaidefc

Hi all, 

First time cruising for on Bellissima on May 3, and was wondering how you all choose to stay in contact with friends and family onboard?

I'm travelling with a 16yo and expect him to make his own way about much of the time, but would like to be able to get in touch when needed. 

I'm probably going to go for the 2-device onboard Internet plan and just use Whatsapp. But thought I'd check if the MSC app onboard worked even without the Internet plan, and if it had any chat functions in it?

And if you do get the Internet plan, is it easy enough to switch devices?

This won't be too much of an issue as I can just spoof my phones MAC address with my travel router, but thought I'd check just in case

It remembers the MAC address of the devices you connect and if you are allowed only 2 (on your plan) then it wil only allow those  2 to connect at one time.  Each time you go to use it you use they "website" to start and stop the internet.  You can have more devices registered but only 2 of them (based on your plan) can be active at once.

If you don't have an internet plan, nothing works (we tried).

It is amazing how fast the internet is though.  I was able to face time with my mom with no issues at all.

• Thanks 1

Hi just booked the standard internet for my sailing on Splendida this month, l have the standard with 2 devices will l be able to FaceTime odd times back home to check on the family or is it only powerful enough for messaging through WhatsApp, never had internet before so not sure how it works

Thanks Sue. 

• 8 months later...