DIY in Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen Ports from Celebrity Relflection

Bocabeach

We will be taking a cruise aboard Celebrity Reflection on August  25, 2019 and need advice on how to go downtown on each of these three ports. We took this same cruise 15 years ago and remembered that we could walk from the ports in Stockholm and Copenhagen, and took a paid ship’s shuttle from the Helsinki port. Ships often change ports. Wonder we can still do the same. Thanks

5 hours ago, Bocabeach said:

We will be taking a cruise aboard Celebrity Reflection on August  25, 2019 and need advice on how to go downtown on each of these three ports. We took this same cruise 15 years ago and remembered that we could walk from the ports in Stockholm and Copenhagen, and took a paid ship’s shuttle from the Helsinki port. Ships often change ports. Wonder we can still do the same. Thanks

Well a bit too far to walk in Stockholm. You will be berthing at Stadsgården S167 and I would suggest using
boat transport (HoHo-boats or M/S Emelie / M/S Emelie II) if you intend to visit the Vasa museum first.
Then use local transport buses/harbour ferries to get around. I would also invest in a Stockholm 24 hour
public transport pass.  They cost 130 SEK (14 USD)/person. If you are aged 65 or older the price is 90 SEK (about 10 USD).

See the links in my signature for more info. Most of it is still valid. Time tables changes several
times/year though,

Edited by Desdichado62

In Helsinki you will be berthing at West Harbour (Hernesaari) quay LHD. Thats a new quay,(#3 on the map).  The way to the city centre is walkable but a bit long so use ships shuttle or local bus 14.

Risteilylaiturit%202019.png?itok=wjBmWEv

Edited by Ultima Thule

I can´t find such a nice map for Copenhagen but I found this one.

Choose Busser i København.

Oceankaj is in the top right corner.

Bus 25 is not on the map but it follows 27 all the way to Østerport (but not to Færgehavn Nord or DFDS Terminal) and continues to Nørreport.

https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/trafikinformation/trafikkort/linjekort/