Cape Liberty Arrival time for parking.

Iamcruzin

23 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

We will be sailing on Anthem in June. We will be driving from Long Island and I was wondering what is the best time to arrive for parking and embarkation?

Anthem usually boards by 11 am. I’d plan to arrive between 10 and 10:30 to avoid the traffic lines into the port. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On February 4, 2019 at 9:51 AM, Iamcruzin said:

We will be sailing on Anthem in June. We will be driving from Long Island and I was wondering what is the best time to arrive for parking and embarkation?

We will be on the Anthem in December and plan to arrive by 11AM. Be sure to check traffic conditions as the Goethals is sometimes closed in morning hours.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 10:14 PM, Pami1968 said:

Does the parking garage ever get filled up?  I'm thinking of trying a later arrival time - maybe 2-2:30.

It depends.  If you are sailing when three ships are using cape liberty (summer) the parking deck may be closed for your sailing and you will have to park in a lot across from the terminal.  Not bad, just a little further walk to pick up your car.  On the other hand, I've sailed in the winter (only the Anthem was sailing at that time of year) and there was still many parking spaces on the top level of the garage at the time if sail away. 

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We will be on the Anthem in December and plan to arrive by 11AM. Be sure to check traffic conditions as the Goethals is sometimes closed in morning hours.

Do you mean the Bayonne Bridge? Goethals is brand new. I can't imagine why it would close.

2 hours ago, cgags47 said:

Has anyone used the 3rd party parking lots that have a shuttle to/from the port?  Just in case the parking lot at the port fills up.

Even with three ships sailing in the summer Cape Liberty Parking has never been filled. There have never been reports of folks being turned away.

The offsite parking at 61 Hook Road (it operates under multiple names) is in the outdoor area of a storage facility that is open to the public during the day. Even though the facility is locked at night, there are concerns about the level of security.  There are also concerns that the shuttle is not licensed or insured as a livery operation to transport passengers to the port. 

1 minute ago, 138east said:

Even with three ships sailing in the summer Cape Liberty Parking has never been filled. There have never been reports of folks being turned away.

The offsite parking at 61 Hook Road (it operates under multiple names) is in the outdoor area of a storage facility that is open to the public during the day. Even though the facility is locked at night, there are concerns about the level of security.  There are also concerns that the shuttle is not licensed or insured as a livery operation to transport passengers to the port. 

That's good enough for me to not use their facility, especially if parking at the port never fills up.  Thanks!

The lot is only 150 feet from the entrance to the garage.   This is where you walk back and forth from your car.

The drive-in entrance is not in this location.  There will be signs directing you to the entrance which is located between the 2 huge building you see on the one side of the lot.  Basically you drive away from the terminal with the huge building on your left. Once you come to the end of that building turn left, proceed and then turn left again between the 2 buildings and proceed forward to the lot.  You will have to stop and pay the attendant at the gate.  They do accept credit cards.

15 hours ago, fred30 said:

The lot is only 150 feet from the entrance to the garage.   This is where you walk back and forth from your car.

The drive-in entrance is not in this location.  There will be signs directing you to the entrance which is located between the 2 huge building you see on the one side of the lot.  Basically you drive away from the terminal with the huge building on your left. Once you come to the end of that building turn left, proceed and then turn left again between the 2 buildings and proceed forward to the lot.  You will have to stop and pay the attendant at the gate.  They do accept credit cards.

Ok, great.  I'm assuming they'll have signs or something directing you on where to go?  

3 hours ago, cgags47 said:

Ok, great.  I'm assuming they'll have signs or something directing you on where to go?  

Yes. Typically they will fill the garage first before using the overflow area. Getting to the overflow area was described above. Basically you follow the road, make the first left and then the next left between the buildings to head back towards the ship to the overflow area.  It’s like a giant U turn. 

2 minutes ago, 138east said:

Yes. Typically they will fill the garage first before using the overflow area. Getting to the overflow area was described above. Basically you follow the road, make the first left and then the next left between the buildings to head back towards the ship to the overflow area.  It’s like a giant U turn. 

Sounds easy enough.  Thanks!

We were there two weeks ago. What a dream! I pulled up to the front door around 9:30. An attendant took our bags out of the back of our car. Then we were directed to the parking garage. A man guided us to the first spot on the first floor, ( we have a handicap thing). A short walk next door to the terminal. Maybe 15 minutes to check in. Then were sat with a bunch of other people, until about 10:40. Then on board for lunch and relax until 1:00, when the rooms are ready.

The way home was even easier. An attendant put our bags on a cart. Direct through customs. Then we followed him to our car. He put the bags into our car and off we went. 

16 hours ago, Fishkillbill said:

We were there two weeks ago. What a dream! I pulled up to the front door around 9:30. An attendant took our bags out of the back of our car. Then we were directed to the parking garage. A man guided us to the first spot on the first floor, ( we have a handicap thing). A short walk next door to the terminal. Maybe 15 minutes to check in. Then were sat with a bunch of other people, until about 10:40. Then on board for lunch and relax until 1:00, when the rooms are ready.

The way home was even easier. An attendant put our bags on a cart. Direct through customs. Then we followed him to our car. He put the bags into our car and off we went. 

That sounds great!  I hope that continues in the future.