Ship overnighting in Lahainia - what time can we get off

pink845

Can anyone who has over nighted in Lahaina on their cruise ship please advise at what time can we get off the ship the second morning.    Also, what time must we be back on the ship the first day.    Ship arrives in Maui (Lahaina on Friday, May 10, 2019 and leaves at Saturday, May 11th, 2019 at 5 pm). Tender port as well.   At what times would the tenders start and end each day.  Appreciate someone who has experienced this scenario reply.  Many thanks.

4 minutes ago, pink845 said:

Can anyone who has over nighted in Lahaina on their cruise ship please advise at what time can we get off the ship the second morning.    Also, what time must we be back on the ship the first day.    Ship arrives in Maui (Lahaina on Friday, May 10, 2019 and leaves at Saturday, May 11th, 2019 at 5 pm). Tender port as well.   At what times would the tenders start and end each day.  Appreciate someone who has experienced this scenario reply.  Many thanks.

This is of interest to me, also.  We will be on the Serenade in September, 2020.  

6 hours ago, pink845 said:

As to tender hours overnight (late night to early morning), it varies by cruise line, and should be checked out when onboard. You do not need to be back on the ship on the first day.  Just be there by the appointed time before departure the next day.  As others have mentioned, the ship is like a hotel, and you are free to come and go (keeping tender service in mind).

Exactly.  I called RCCL and would not tell me what time the final tender would be for the first evening.  Again, yada yada, one has to check with guest services once on board.   And one has to check with guest services once again about when tendering starts in the  morning of the second day.  Gosh, have they not been asked these questions before and have some sort of a better answer.  No, of course not.  With a physical pier, I know we can usually get off pretty early in the AM, but because it is a tender port, we must wait and see.

1 hour ago, JohnH9 said:

We are also sailing on the Radiance of the Seas Hawaii cruise in May. I am interested in this information as well. Does anyone know if there is a car rental location in Lahaina?

If you look just down the board, there are a several discussions on Lahaina car rentals, one even entitled "Lahaina car rental":

We have done this on Royal Caribbean, though it was some time ago.  We also did it on Celebrity (I think) 

Both times the tenders ran all night -- after midnight they were on once an hour - top of the hour to shore and back on the half hour - maybe reverse of that.

More tenders are added as needed in the morning.  No tender tickets were needed for the 2nd day.  

Aloha!  

Edited by CRUZBUDS
  • Like 2

On an overnight stop. consider the ship to be like a hotel..you can come and go at will.  The tenders will be running all night...maybe not every 15 mins....but you can leave whenever you want.  As long as you're back ON the ship before the stated sail away time, you're good.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...