AUCKLAND CRUISE SHIP TERMINAL TO AUCKLAND INTL. AIRPORT

Keith1010

Knowing from time to time people ask about the travel time from the Cruise Ship Terminal to the Auckland International Airport I thought I would post about my experience yesterday.

It was a weekday (Monday) and we were driven from the port at 10:30 AM.  The drive took 30 minutes but we had the advantage of traveling after rush hour.

I would allow one hour for rush hour just to be on the safe side.  Right now a lot of work on the streets is being done near the terminal and in other areas.  

Better to have a cushion than no cushion.

Keith

Yikes! That must be causing some traffic hassles. It looks like Auckland is as bad as Sydney at the moment, and don't get me started on that topic!!!

We'll be staying at an apartment on Princes Wharf when we come over in March. Is the route from the airport to there affected by any of the roadworks? I assume the taxi will come down Nelson St so hopefully things won't be too bad ... apart from the usual Gillies Avenue on-ramp traffic jam, that is.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

36 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yikes! That must be causing some traffic hassles. It looks like Auckland is as bad as Sydney at the moment, and don't get me started on that topic!!!

We'll be staying at an apartment on Princes Wharf when we come over in March. Is the route from the airport to there affected by any of the roadworks? I assume the taxi will come down Nelson St so hopefully things won't be too bad ... apart from the usual Gillies Avenue on-ramp traffic jam, that is.

You should not have any trouble , unless its rush hour , A lot of the taxis find it easier to  take the new Waterview tunnel .

It wasn't bad but I would just allow more time to get to the airport.

Of course that is me.  I would rather have a cushion for the unknown.

The driver who picked us up was originally going to pick someone else up but they switched it up as the motorway was bumper to bumper.

Keith

3 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

You should not have any trouble , unless its rush hour , A lot of the taxis find it easier to  take the new Waterview tunnel .

Thanks. It will be rush hour I think, our flight gets in at 3:40pm. I'm not sure if the Waterview tunnel was open when we came over two years ago, the taxi then just came up Epsom Rd and very cheekily jammed his way into the Gillies Ave traffic jam at the last minute. So the Waterview tunnel joins the North Western motorway? That would save the tedious grind up through Epsom.