Trivial Question on Oceania Club Benefits - Silver

roothy123

2 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Forget the hat unless you want to cry in it because the Silver O Life OBC will go from $400/cabin to $200/cabin. 

The list I have says $250. Has it changed since this flyer?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Images/EmailAssets/domestic/Sales/81604468085/MAR183971_OceaniaClubFlyer_new2.pdf

1 minute ago, ORV said:

Mea Culpa. It is $250, which is still quite a drop. And it will get used up quickly for hardware items to make my tote bag collection storage space larger.

20 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

the online version does not  give a $ value   just  free OBC nor does it mention the free wine  mentioned on the flyer

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels-new-amenities/

wonder what will be the correct  one

I wonder how many Logo items  one person needs/wants 😉

The Oceania invoices for cruises starting from November 2019 (can't remember the exact date) onward state the $250 for "silver" along with the hat, totebag and a bottle of wine. Complimentary gratuities (or an unspecified "in lieu" SBC if your TA Is paying them)  and a discount on internet services (beyond the basic freebie) are also listed.

Interestingly enough, our Nov cruise is after the date when new policy takes place but the invoice as well as website (My booked cruises) list the old amount of OBC at our level. Since now you can use OBC to prebook excursions, I intend to spend the full amount before boarding to avoid any confusion  🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Interestingly enough, our Nov cruise is after the date when new policy takes place but the invoice as well as website (My booked cruises) list the old amount of OBC at our level. Since now you can use OBC to prebook excursions, I intend to spend the full amount before boarding to avoid any confusion  🙂

Probably depends on when you originally booked the cruise (before the change was officially set?). I'm guessing your invoice doesn't show the hat/tote/wine etc.

With the CYA of "changes at O's discretion," it will be interesting to see if the excursions booking feature let's you use the better amount. You might want to try it sooner than later (and please report back to us).

You are right on both counts - I booked the cruise before the changes and the online booking does not show the hat/tote, etc. But it does show the OBC in the amount of $600 so I imagine that I can use that amount when booking tours.

BTW - we already get a bottle of sparkling wine & tote in the PH - will we get 2 of each?

I will report on the outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a few weeks ago I booked 2 cruises (back to back, though Oceania doesn't really really think of them that way or call them that) for December 2019/Jan. 2020.  For the first cruise my invoice says we will receive (from O for silver status) $250 OBC,  paid gratuities, and bottle of wine.  For the second cruise it lists the same things. Doesn't mention tote bag or hat, but I really don't care about those.  I was just curious about them.  Maybe they'll throw those in later; who knows?

On 2/4/2019 at 10:54 PM, Paulchili said:

I'm jealous.  Wish I had gotten the old amount.  

2 hours ago, roothy123 said:

Well, a few weeks ago I booked 2 cruises (back to back, though Oceania doesn't really really think of them that way or call them that) for December 2019/Jan. 2020.  For the first cruise my invoice says we will receive (from O for silver status) $250 OBC,  paid gratuities, and bottle of wine.  For the second cruise it lists the same things. Doesn't mention tote bag or hat, but I really don't care about those.  I was just curious about them.  Maybe they'll throw those in later; who knows?

Hopefully, you booked onboard or through an Oceania Connoisseur's Club TA who arranged for you to get a B2B discount (which is possible when you make a custom "extended voyage" that is not originally marketed that way).

11 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Hopefully, you booked onboard or through an Oceania Connoisseur's Club TA who arranged for you to get a B2B discount (which is possible when you make a custom "extended voyage" that is not originally marketed that way).

I didn't, as I wasn't aware that was the case.  But when I had made a phone inquiry to Oceania about a few cruises, I was told there was a B2B discount.  When I booked with my TA, I asked if he could get the discount.  He had to call O to do so, but did it.  The price went down (I think by about 10%, but I forget), and there's a "bonus savings" reflected on each cruise that I assume is for B2B or Connoisseur's Club TA discount.  However, I'm now scratching my head, as the cancellation, final payment, and dinner reservation dates are almost 2 1/2 months apart.  I was going to ask about that.  

2 hours ago, roothy123 said:

I didn't, as I wasn't aware that was the case.  But when I had made a phone inquiry to Oceania about a few cruises, I was told there was a B2B discount.  When I booked with my TA, I asked if he could get the discount.  He had to call O to do so, but did it.  The price went down (I think by about 10%, but I forget), and there's a "bonus savings" reflected on each cruise that I assume is for B2B or Connoisseur's Club TA discount.  However, I'm now scratching my head, as the cancellation, final payment, and dinner reservation dates are almost 2 1/2 months apart.  I was going to ask about that.  

That's one of the downsides of a  custom made "extended journey" vs a two segment cruise marketed as a single voyage. Of course, two separate cruises can be beneficial in getting you  more cruise credits but, that depends on the comparison of cruise credits associated with certain length extended journeys vs certain length separate cruises.

Thr key remains always doing the math!

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

That's one of the downsides of a  custom made "extended journey" vs a two segment cruise marketed as a single voyage. Of course, two separate cruises can be beneficial in getting you  more cruise credits but, that depends on the comparison of cruise credits associated with certain length extended journeys vs certain length separate cruises.

Thr key remains always doing the math!

I did, at least, check the cruise credits I would get doing things both ways.  The number of credits was the same. 

3 hours ago, roothy123 said:

However, I'm now scratching my head, as the cancellation, final payment, and dinner reservation dates are almost 2 1/2 months apart.  I was going to ask about that.  

I know final payment dates vary relative to the cruise date based on how long the cruise is.  If your 2 separate segments are different lengths, that could explain the difference in cancellation and final payment lead-times. 

Dinner reservations - usually same lead time for a given cabin category?  Someone else may have an answer for that.

1 hour ago, roothy123 said:

However, I'm now scratching my head, as the cancellation, final payment, and dinner reservation dates are almost 2 1/2 months apart.  I was going to ask about that.  

I would  check in your account under MY ACCOUNT

& see  what the dates are there

Could just be human error 😉

I'll check and if the dates in My Account don't make sense, I'll call.   I need to call, anyway.   My husband wants to know why there's a crib requested for our room, according to the TA's cover sheet!  I think I've seen only one or two babies on Oceania so far, and WE certainly aren't traveling with one!  I'm a bit amused by the thought of putting a crib in an inside cabin.....

Just now, roothy123 said:

I'll check and if the dates in My Account don't make sense, I'll call.   I need to call, anyway.   My husband wants to know why there's a crib requested for our room, according to the TA's cover sheet!  I think I've seen only one or two babies on Oceania so far, and WE certainly aren't traveling with one!  I'm a bit amused by the thought of putting a crib in an inside cabin.....

sounds  like your TA  is preoccupied  & not  with your account 😉

On 2/4/2019 at 10:54 PM, Paulchili said:

Not having visited the Oceania board for a year, I really appreciate this information.  Now we can use OBC to prebook excursions (before we board?)  That certainly beats visiting the gift shop at the end of the cruise to buy stuff I really do not need.  Thanks!

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, Paulchili said:

Paul, I see you are on Insignia. As many things with Oceania the new perks rollout is in stages, different dates for different ships. You are lucky that Insignia is the last.