Anyone Know How We Book On Opening Day?

uromac

12 minutes ago, TITISSA said:

I don't want to book it over the phone. I like to do some research on line first and then book it. When can we book on line?

Online bookings should be available when it opens to the general public on February 14.

Can someone kindly post the number that was emailed.  I have not received an email.  I have not received several other emails that other pre-paid deposit people received so I am not convinced I'm going to get an email.  Also, is my deposit confirmation number all that I would need or are they sending out some secret code :classic_rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, aimee0715 said:

Can someone kindly post the number that was emailed.  I have not received an email.  I have not received several other emails that other pre-paid deposit people received so I am not convinced I'm going to get an email.  Also, is my deposit confirmation number all that I would need or are they sending out some secret code :classic_rolleyes:

+1(954) 488 2955 is the number

your secret code is basically your deposit reference number

35 minutes ago, The_0neuk said:

just spoke to them and cancelled had a full refund

there is a transatlantic voyage stopping in new York but its press and the media only

We're going to be joining you on the 'refund' list. Had they told us that the Transatlantic take-out would not be open for booking by the public, we probably would not have reserved a spot on the 'list'. Also -- since they gave us NO advance information about itineraries and sailing dates, we already made plans for the spring of 2020. So, that leaves the HOTTEST part of the summer (June/July/August), followed by hurricane season (Sept/Oct). Thanks, but NO THANKS, Sir Richard!:classic_dry:

I have a Seriously Suite on hold for the April 1 sailing.  $7050 with taxes and fees.  I am nearly certain that I will call back tomorrow and book a "sea terrace" instead for $4300.  At $7050 that is substantially more than the 10-night Cuba Intensive Azamara cruise we took in November.    

8 minutes ago, TheChadd said:

Welp, it turned out the later cruises are much cheaper. We went ahead and booked 4-night Havana September 23, 2020.  Can't wait to check it out, especially the food!

I agree Chadd......the rates after the initial voyages are not too bad.....a pleasant surprise.    I just dont want to be in the Carib during rainy season.    I prefer winter cruises.    So i am waiting till Nov and beyond rates come out.

We booked. Opening day issues. The people on the phone are nice as can be. Be nice back. You can see itineraries and prices online now. Only thing I cant find is a deck layout. Looking forward to it. 

For those expecting a sedate, quiet, relaxing cruise I say look at the marketing. It is adults only, yes, but this is a party ship. Every piece of advertising points to it.

• Like 2

I booked a room for my wife and I on the Havana Oct 7th sailing, Cheeky Suite largest balcony - was around $4300 after fees, was listed on site as $4000.  I like how the website (when it's up) breaks out square footage for room and balcony so you can figure out which is more important to you and splurge on that...  Asked to be on the 12th floor instead of the 14th, which they said was just below the pool.  If you don't specify they'll pick whatever they consider to be the best open room for that category.

They are definitely having some computer issues though, even when I called earlier it took them a while to get to where they could enter payment info, and now as others have noted the website is totally offline. They were super nice to talk to though, I feel like customer service will be on the good side even as they work through glitches.

I really wanted to be on the first sailing myself but between the first sailing you can book not actually being first (transatlantic) sailing, and the much larger prices for the first sailings, I'm pretty happy to go later after they've shaken out the ship a bit.  I look forward to seeing what fresh thinking does for a cruise ship, even if some of it is crazy.

• Like 1

For those requesting refunds of their $500 deposits - stay on top of them.  It took them almost 4 weeks to refund my deposit, just got it today.  Now that they're distracted with reservations, I would expect that time frame to go longer so stay with it and make sure you get your money.

3 minutes ago, SuiteLiving said:

For those requesting refunds of their $500 deposits - stay on top of them.  It took them almost 4 weeks to refund my deposit, just got it today.  Now that they're distracted with reservations, I would expect that time frame to go longer so stay with it and make sure you get your money.

A timely reminder, SuiteLiving! Glad to hear that you got your refund. Having heard that the website crashed, we decided to take a cue from Oneuk and call the number in the e-mail we got today. My DH said that the young lady he spoke with was very professional. She took his information and told him that our refund should be processed within two weeks.

Not saying that we wouldn't consider sailing VV at some future date. It's just disappointing to wait all of this time, only to find that their initial offerings are not what we wanted or expected. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Oville said:

The VV SITE has crashed.

Katie, if you are thinking about asking for a refund, it might be easier to call -- that's what we did. The very nice young lady ont the phone said that we should have a full refund, processed in two weeks. Let's hope!

20 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Not saying that we wouldn't consider sailing VV at some future date. It's just disappointing to wait all of this time, only to find that their initial offerings are not what we wanted or expected. :classic_sad:

I'm curious. What were you expecting?

26 minutes ago, Nightrythm said:

I'm curious. What were you expecting?

I think many of us were hoping for longer cruises (at least a week), and the ability to book the initial transatlantic crossing from Europe to Miami.  Perhaps even some European cruises prior to the ship coming to Miami.  

Personally after all the hype, I was expecting more with the cabins than a convertible sofa bed and a small make-up table.  It's a lot of hype about things that are really not that innovative.  

I love the adult-only concept, and it being somewhat inclusive, and I think those reason alone will get me to try VV.  I do wish the ship had more than one swimming pool (the other is a small workout pool).  

Still waiting on the entertainment and shopping offerings, so that is yet to come.  And of course the "secret" destinations on some of their itineraries.    

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lavaflow99 said:

I just called to try to make a reservation.  I was on hold for about 7 minutes when someone came on the line basically saying their computer system was having issues and she took down my name and number to call me back.  Not a good start.....

Finally got a call back and was able to book a solo insider room for the Havana after Dark sailing August 12 for $1200.  The person I spoke to was super nice and I can only imagine how crazy things have been for them on this first day of sales.

I've been stalking VV since its inception so I got to see it to the end. LOL.