World Cruise 2019 Queen Victoria

roscoe39

Just in case anyone is interested, I'm just sitting in an airport waiting to fly and join the QV on her WC this year in San Francisco and

I have started my blog again. Address is...

https://butarewethereyet.blogspot.com

I'm hoping that I can encourage others on board to come onto this thread and add their experiences as well, though from all accounts

the WIFI has been slow and difficult this year. Hopefully it will improve in the Pacific.

regards Roscoe

IMG_6214.thumb.JPG.7b00bd64ada950d07ad43887dc097e0e.JPG

• Like 1

I enjoyed your last cruise blog and am looking forward to this one. Glad you were cleared to go. As I recall, you had a few later nights than the other world cruise blogs I follow. Will your recent health problems curtail your activities?

well guys, here in the city of the hippie, although now they are driving EV's and wearing prada, but still smoking weed. Met some friends, Tom and Carol  off the ship today and all reports are she is looking a performing as expected for the star of the fleet. Looking forward to seeing her tomorrow, Im afraid the shoe shops have kept me in Union Square and far away from the port. 

The rain stayed away today and although a little chill,  we had a beautiful clear blue sky - safe onward travels to those leaving tomorrow....

blog updated...(albeit a bit tired,....its along way to fly from the other side of the Pacific!

1 hour ago, Oahucruiser said:

Can't wait to read your adventures again.  When you arrive in Honolulu, I'll be on the Pride of America sailing around our islands, visiting relatives and friends and enjoying being at sea.  Enjoy every minute!

Aloha!

enjoy P, was hoping we might catch up, if I see you sailing past Ill throw over a portion of Caviar...

21 minutes ago, ckl001 said:

Great blog Roscoe!  I will enjoy reading this as it feels like I am on the cruise as well. 

by the way, just loved the shoes!

cheryl

thanks...theres more to come Im afraid.....the shops were open today before i boarded.

Im pleased to see that so far the new alterations have been a visual success, I would describe them as "american Club" and I dont think the new rooms scream at all at the old style the Victoria had. 

Most of the "old gang" are here, Im also pleased to announce...crew and passengers....so you guys all got left behind.

We leave shortly I understand so trying to upload some photos before the wifi cuts into the ship one.

20 hours ago, Oahucruiser said:

A huge pavlova, preferred, please.   We can't get them here.

The only decent pav is a homemade one, Oahucruiser! As long as you have access to egg whites you're set. Top with lashings of whipped cream and a bit of passionfruit pulp or sliced strawberries - delicious.

12 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

The only decent pav is a homemade one, Oahucruiser! As long as you have access to egg whites you're set. Top with lashings of whipped cream and a bit of passionfruit pulp or sliced strawberries - delicious.

I agree totally, some will still remember my Mothers Fav that I had smuggled onboard for the WC in 2016 and served at the cruise critic meeting just before Sydney.

Oooopss which reminds me, I missed the meeting this morning at 11am...My apologies, I was enjoying the view from the front of the ship from the Walking machine - it being a little too chill outside to enjoy the promenade  deck even walking it the wrong way around.

The mystery of the neglect of Cruise Critic postings by those on board can be revealed. 

The Internet is truly appalling, I agree having now experienced it although am hopeful that it might improve a little after hawaii which in the passed has enjoyed better Satellite coverage.

The sea is beautiful this morning although there was a slight promise of something a little more interesting last night from the movement it proved to be nothing.

There are  number of very loud people on board and I am talking volume, rather than their clothes sense, although....some choices I think are interesting. Puffer Jackets and socks and sandals and shorts seem to be slightly incongruous to me perhaps its more common in some of the Germanic countries.

Interesting myths beginning all around me as I sit her in the chart room there is a Loud Group, (country of origin shall remain nameless) however they seem to think that during the recent refit that Cunard shrank the size of the staterooms in the Brittania level to accommodate more rooms on board.

Interesting.

More later as I update the blog....as things happen. Its a fast moving feast here...and still looking forward to the continuing saga at dinner.

Good morning Roscoe,

i still talk fondly about the wonderful Pavlova that you whipped  up for us on the Voyage in 2016. I also enjoyed chatting to you when walking in the opposite direction to you I  might add.

I had hoped I might see you on QE out of Sydney, but will be reading you blog with interest.Cheryle

thanks Cheryle, that was my mother Pavings - can't claim the credit. she makes the best pavs in the world.

The internet here flatly refuses to load Cruise Critic which is why I am guessing there has been little postings from onboard. It will only come up about 1 times out of 10 attempts - perhaps the content is too heavy for the internet here.

Big formal night tonight and cocktail night, 

regards

On 2/7/2019 at 5:22 PM, roscoe39 said:

... Interesting myths beginning all around me as I sit her in the chart room there is a Loud Group, (country of origin shall remain nameless) however they seem to think that during the recent refit that Cunard shrank the size of the staterooms in the Brittania level to accommodate more rooms on board. ...

What a hoot! Keep us posted on any more of those myths going around.

By the way, I have been getting quite a few of these errors from Cruise Critic the past couple of days.

"This page isn’t working

boards.cruisecritic.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500"

So perhaps the issues you are having on board are a combination of poor internet connectivity and issues with the Cruise Critic site itself.

7 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

thanks Cheryle, that was my mother Pavings - can't claim the credit. she makes the best pavs in the world.

The internet here flatly refuses to load Cruise Critic which is why I am guessing there has been little postings from onboard. It will only come up about 1 times out of 10 attempts - perhaps the content is too heavy for the internet here.

Big formal night tonight and cocktail night, 

regards

Just started reading your blog. Interesting you made reference to the flow riders etc. just got off Explorer of the Seas today and so looking forward to Queen Elizabeth, just such a different experience. The cruise critic meeting you organised in 2016 had a large following, sadly not so for our next cruise on QE. Also enjoy your blogs very much, it makes me feel on am on the journey with you. Thank you Cheryle 

On 2/5/2019 at 12:25 AM, roscoe39 said:

Just in case anyone is interested, I'm just sitting in an airport waiting to fly and join the QV on her WC this year in San Francisco and

I have started my blog again. Address is...

https://butarewethereyet.blogspot.com

I'm hoping that I can encourage others on board to come onto this thread and add their experiences as well, though from all accounts

the WIFI has been slow and difficult this year. Hopefully it will improve in the Pacific.

regards Roscoe

IMG_6214.thumb.JPG.7b00bd64ada950d07ad43887dc097e0e.JPG

Hi Roscoe,

is there a way to subscribe to your blog? Sorry, but I can’t find a link... Enjoying your photos and commentary very much. 

ThankYou!

Ricki

On 2/5/2019 at 10:15 AM, safarigal said:

Wish we were with you! Looking forward to catching up with the happenings on QV 🙂

Hi Safari Gal,

Hope all things are good with you. We enjoyed our time with you two last year on the QE WC.

Ricki

Enjoying your Q.Vic Blog roscoe 39, however, I'm intrigued  (as you are a well seasoned Cunarder)  why you would want to wind up other folk by jogging the opposite way around on the prom deck.😉 

Good to hear you'll be on the 2020 South American cruise , I'm going all the way so hopefully we'll get chance for a  drink or two .    

55 minutes ago, ricki said:

Hi Safari Gal,

Hope all things are good with you. We enjoyed our time with you two last year on the QE WC.

Ricki

We did enjoy meeting you two - and those wonderful long lunches on lazy sea days! We join QM2 for a shorter trip next month - but we will miss your company :).

I must say I am really enjoying Roscoe's updates :)