World Cruise 2019 Queen Victoria

roscoe39

Hi Guys. sorry I don't know if you can subscribe to the Blog, but I try and update it daily.  This ship is fairly quiet, or seems that way, one of the advantages of Cunard's passenger ratio, on the same size ships with twice as many passenger they can seem very much busier.  The very popular  Maureen Ryan is back on the lecture circuit today as is unfortunately Jan Wal (?) who is sadly well passed her prime if she ever had one. With all due respect to her, she has terrible delivery is and basically standing by the lectern pontificating about stars she has "interviewed" with nothing other than "They were very nice". )I googled her this morning and could not find her anywhere so not sure what sort of interviews they could be. There is no insight as to the person or their career and I'm not surprised she's playing to  an empty theatre. Maureen on the other hand is fantastic and her tales of working on the QE2 and Queen Mary with "Old Cunard" are fascinating.

Sorry my mother always told me that if you couldn't say anything nice then don't say anything at all,  but there it is.

Our new Captain, Tomas Connery is everywhere, and seems to be very popular. Think Sean Connery without the kilt.

15 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

... The very popular  Maureen Ryan is back on the lecture circuit today as is unfortunately Jan Wal (?) who is sadly well passed her prime if she ever had one. With all due respect to her, she has terrible delivery is and basically standing by the lectern pontificating about stars she has "interviewed" with nothing other than "They were very nice". )I googled her this morning and could not find her anywhere so not sure what sort of interviews they could be. There is no insight as to the person or their career and I'm not surprised she's playing to  an empty theatre. ...

Sorry to hear one of your lecturers is not quite up to par. The QV insight guest lecturers document I have lists "Jan Wahl - Film & Hollywood" (with an "h") for your current voyage. I know nothing of her, but I did find a "www.janwahl.com" website that looks like it just might be her.

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Sorry to hear one of your lecturers is not quite up to par. The QV insight guest lecturers document I have lists "Jan Wahl - Film & Hollywood" (with an "h") for your current voyage. I know nothing of her, but I did find a "www.janwahl.com" website that looks like it just might be her.

yes thats her, bring back Bill Miller is all I can say!

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

On 2/5/2019 at 5:25 AM, roscoe39 said:

Just in case anyone is interested, I'm just sitting in an airport waiting to fly and join the QV on her WC this year in San Francisco and

I have started my blog again. Address is...

https://butarewethereyet.blogspot.com

I'm hoping that I can encourage others on board to come onto this thread and add their experiences as well, though from all accounts

the WIFI has been slow and difficult this year. Hopefully it will improve in the Pacific.

regards Roscoe

IMG_6214.thumb.JPG.7b00bd64ada950d07ad43887dc097e0e.JPG

Many thanks for your Blog link - I am really enjoying your writing style - Will be enjoying following you (not in a creepy way you understand)!

15 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Just discovered this thread (At sea on Prinsendam until 3/25).  I do have one request.  Can you post a heads up when anything is said about 2021 World Cruises.

Thanks and enjoy Hawaii.

Roy

Roy,  they will be released in March....no world and no clues as to what it will look like but I'm on Draganas table tomorrow so will pump her for further information as I ply her with alcohol curtesy of Mother Cunard

6 hours ago, maggiemou said:

Hi Roscoe 39. Caught up with your wonderful blogs. Enjoying them very much as I always do. Thanks for letting us all cruise along with you. X

thanks MM hope you have caught the special secret message in them for you

5 hours ago, Oahucruiser said:

Hope you are enjoying my hometown.  I'll be interested in what you do today because you have been here so many times.

Aloha,  Patti

Hi PATTI, couldn't reply to your message unfortunately earlier because for some reason the answers were bouncing. Miss ed you today, hope it wasn't too rocky for you last night out in the rough seas, it was a bit bumpy coming in!. Am downloading some pics now for the blog of todays sightseeing, the weather was perfect and it only rained once I had returned to the ship and settled on deck 9 by the pool. The cleanup is going a long very fast, and the only evidence of the storm were the guys sweeping the sand back across the paths to the beach!

next time...big hugs...R

4 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Sorry to hear about the sea sickness, I can sympathise, I hope the medication works.

thanks Hatti, was a surprise to me as well, something I had never suffered from in the past , hopefully it was a one of, but thank god for drugs!

15 hours ago, rafinmd said:

...  Can you post a heads up when anything is said about 2021 World Cruises. ...

Word is out about the 2021 World Cruises. You can even find the details on the new Cunard website if you know where to look (using the voyage numbers). We have been discussing this on the thread "2021 World and Exotic Voyages Preview" thread I started earlier today.

Here are links to the 2021 Queen Victoria World Voyage (voyage V104D).

US: https://www.cunard.com/en-us/find-a-cruise/V104D/V104D

UK: https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/find-a-cruise/V104D/V104D

Here are links to the 2021 Queen Mary 2 World Voyage (voyage M103E)

US: https://www.cunard.com/en-us/find-a-cruise/M103E/M103E

UK: https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/find-a-cruise/M103E/M103E

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Word is out about the 2021 World Cruises. You can even find the details on the new Cunard website if you know where to look (using the voyage numbers). We have been discussing this on the thread "2021 World and Exotic Voyages Preview" thread I started earlier today.

Here are links to the 2021 Queen Victoria World Voyage (voyage V104D).

US: https://www.cunard.com/en-us/find-a-cruise/V104D/V104D

UK: https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/find-a-cruise/V104D/V104D

Here are links to the 2021 Queen Mary 2 World Voyage (voyage M103E)

US: https://www.cunard.com/en-us/find-a-cruise/M103E/M103E

UK: https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/find-a-cruise/M103E/M103E

thank sBluemarble, the internet has been a bit slow to do the research so the direct links helped.

Thanks Roscoe and bluemarble.  I saw the other thread  and those text files are actually my perfect answer while at sea.  I found the perfect answer for 2020 with Crystal World Cruise LA to Sydney, 3 days on land and then QM2 Sydney to New York.  I doubt anything so good will come up again, but there will be at least 4 World Cruises I care about so finding at least a good itinerary looks possible.

Roscoe, may that little mal at sea quickly become a thing of the past.

Roy

The 2021 world cruise has the same itinerary that they have done many times.  Wish they would go to Indonesia for some variety.  Strange - - she leaves San Fransisco, spends 4 days at sea to get here in Honolulu and then she is only here from 8 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.  How much can you see or do in only six hours?

12 minutes ago, Oahucruiser said:

The 2021 world cruise has the same itinerary that they have done many times.  Wish they would go to Indonesia for some variety.  Strange - - she leaves San Fransisco, spends 4 days at sea to get here in Honolulu and then she is only here from 8 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.  How much can you see or do in only six hours?

The 2021 QV world cruise call in Honolulu looks like it is going to be an over night stop (8:00am on Feb 11 to 2:00pm on Feb 12).

thanks Guys, all sea sickness well banished and forgotten thanks to an amazing little pill...

Unfortunately the internet hasn't improved any. And neither has the sense of some of the passengers,  I thought I was seeing hallucinations this morning when the big South African Gentleman in front of me in the buffet reached into the muslin with his hands and filled his bowl. I protested....(as you would) and he claimed he was "extremely" clean. By the time id returned with the MD there was a number of unaware passengers calmly leaving the area with lots of lovely bowls of muslie, hopefully not full of ameba.

One day Ill right a blog entitled...."theres bout so queer as folk"

Great night last night, pleased to report the food has improved dramatically since last year, tonight is the Hawaiian Ball and Cocktail party for the Diamond and Platinum....and dinner on the C table.

P, yes I noticed the Palm Tree columns in the Capitol Building, I was really taken with it. Hope you have regained your sealegs

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

thanks MM hope you have caught the special secret message in them for you

Yes, Roscoe39. I certainly did pick up your little message to me. How could I overlook those fabulous shoes? Wonder if they make them with heels? 👠 I hope you bought them all. I am loving your blogs, you do make me chuckle.😉 

Edited by maggiemou

19 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

The 2021 QV world cruise call in Honolulu looks like it is going to be an over night stop (8:00am on Feb 11 to 2:00pm on Feb 12).

Thanks, Blue Marble.  I missed those dates and I'm glad she'll be here for nearly 2 days.

Hi Roscoe, I spotted you at the World Club Party . Not that I was there. Wish I was. 

Top sailor,  Terry Quack Quack Waite. 😄

You were looking very dapper/ handsome  in your Black and gold  Kurta. 

Where did I see you? 

On the FB forum where Harry posts. 

Photos posted up of the party and I spotted you. Centre of the Queens lounge. Well, it is the only place to stand, get a few drinks and network 😂

Loving your blog. X

Im afraid I upset Dragana last night at dinner thanks Bluemarble, she was upset I knew the Itin for 2019 and she didn't! so thanks for that bit of oneupmanship!

grey day today on board but im sure it will clear up. Big crew drills so it will be a day of reading books beside the pool as we travel closer to Samoa.