World Cruise 2019 Queen Victoria

roscoe39

Still enjoying everything that you write and happy for you that you had a friend come aboard in AKL.  Great photos.  Should I assume that the final photo on today's blog was of your parents?  Young and fun people.  Enjoy your last days.

Cheers, Patti

5 hours ago, Oahucruiser said:

Still enjoying everything that you write and happy for you that you had a friend come aboard in AKL.  Great photos.  Should I assume that the final photo on today's blog was of your parents?  Young and fun people.  Enjoy your last days.

Cheers, Patti

Hi Patti..miss you come back...all is forgiven. No more of that NCL ok?

no that is Snooks and Lola Fuller. 

Have had a brilliant day so far on board today, Tony Robinson have an excellent presentation and its a beautiful day out there with just a touch of tempest with the sea. 

• Haha 1

Hi Roscoe!!

Thank you for taking the time to report on your  trip....Like you I was very disheartened by the removal of the chart room and replaced with a dining room.  I frankly thought it diminished the ship and the experience she offered.

Despite my concerns I booked a three week cruise on the ship this past Summer: A two week  Baltic cruise combined with a one week Norway cruise.  I wanted to see if I was wrong regarding the changes.

I wasn't wrong.  The "New"  Chart Room is much smaller with crowded furniture much of it uncomfortable.  To make matters worse there was no more in place live music as existed before. Any music came faintly from across the deck or from the lobby in the deck below.  The piano that graced the former Chart Room sits forlornly in a corner very lonely and unused.  Very sad.

The touted Fizz Bar has no live music and has the buzz of a  broom closet.  Of course, a passenger can take the long hike to the  Commodore Club for pre-dinner drinks.

Because of this change  and for other reasons I have decided never to sail on this ship again and will stay loyal to the Queen Mary 2 which at least so far still has a beautiful popular Chart Room.

Now that you are on the ship I am wondering what your thoughts are on this change.  In the meantime I wish you a beautiful voyage as you sail the world.  Be well.

Deck Chair.

1 hour ago, deck chair said:

Hi Roscoe!!

Deck Chair.

I'm sorry to hear that Deck Chair, yes the loss of the chart room hurt and especially the loss of the jazz venue but the britannia club room is a beautiful dining room and the new colours and new decoration around it and the old cafe Carinthia and Wintergarden I personally think are a great success. I've noticed a few little maintenance issues this trip, the plumbing of the drains in the mens gym showers are still blocked and apparently have been reported multiple times but apart from that she is in brilliant condition and the cost of a passage is cheaper than the maintenance of a second home.

Of course there  reasons for the changes are revenue, and sad as it is, if it wasn't for the bean counters continually chopping and changing these things then cruising would be a lot more expensive today than it is. I still feel the Cunard experience is still here although its not as it was on the QE2, nothing ever stays the same. I keep coming back to the QV because of the crew and staff onboard who have become like a second family, its always a buzz to see who is here and always great to catch up.

I really miss the Commodore and Julie, their departure for a well deserved retirement although sad for us is a sign of the times, Long live the Queen.

Good luck on the QM2.

Updating last two blogs with photos from a great night and then Baldricks second presentation today...

regards Roscoe 

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

Roscoe, Just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed your blog and letting us be on this journey with you. Safe travels back to NZ and your mums pavlova! Cheryle 

lol...thanks, Ill pass that on. The only pan I saw onboard was pink and had spikes on it.

Been a lovely day in sydney, very sad to be having tomorrow but as Dragana from the Sales office say....the only way to take the pain away from getting off is to have another trip planned so South America 2020 here we come.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

lol...thanks, Ill pass that on. The only pan I saw onboard was pink and had spikes on it.

Been a lovely day in sydney, very sad to be having tomorrow but as Dragana from the Sales office say....the only way to take the pain away from getting off is to have another trip planned so South America 2020 here we come.

That why she is successful in Sales Roscoe!

4 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

Well I hope someone will take up the torch bearing duties in your absence.

Now who do I know that loves Queen Victoria with a passion?

👿

On 2/20/2019 at 10:24 AM, rakkor said:

We had the same issue in November on Victoria, Fencing was replaced by Zumba, which was a shame. I'm curious to know if the gym refit has gone ahead and all the old broken gym equipment has been replaced? - it was a sorry looking area with treadmills out of position and half the bikes not working.

https://blog.rakkor.uk

The gym equipment was replaced in November at the start of the Caribbean Cruise. It was replaced whilst in Southampton. The new equipment is really nice. I was first to use some of the machines.

The Spa also changed on the 5 th December, . 

to a brand-new spa brand in partnership with Canyon Ranch, called Mareel Wellness & Beauty 

Hi Roscoe. Thank you for your posts and more so for your fantastic blog which was just great to read. I am still catching up on a couple of post but will read them all again as they were so good. Loved the photos and your pairing of shoes to amazing clothes. You stole the show.

Many thanks for posting. X

thanks guys for coming along for the ride, I admit to being a Cunard fan but particularly of the Queen Victoria who's crew and staff I think are exemplary in their care and ethic of making sure their passenger have a good experience. This I believe comes from the top and the reason that the QV is known amongst the fleet as the happy ship and the one that the crew ask to be returned to.

Compared to other years the Blog this year was a bit slower and less eventful than other years although it has turned up a surprise ending......

Travel safe everyone.

regards Roscoe

Edited by roscoe39

Roscoe, although we aren’t in the old cruise, I have had a look at your blog as we have a friend on board doing the whole trip. We’ve heard so little since she left - must be having a great time and I thought I could get a flavour of the trip from your blog. However I couldn’t help but notice the pictures of the fantastic coloured shoes in your blog. I think they were in San Francisco. If so, please would you let me know where? We will be cruising from San Francisco on Queen Elizabeth at the beginning of July and would love to find the shop. I’ve looked at around shoe shop 40 websites in San Francisco so far and nothing to compare with those in the photos on your blog. Many thanks.

Iain

21 hours ago, Oahucruiser said:

I check his blog and here on Cruise Critic and I have also sent him two e-mails and have had no reply.  I wish there was someone we could contact to find out how he is.

Has anyone heard from Roscoe?  Just concerned about his health.

I just now got a long e-mail from Roscoe.  He is back home in New Zealand and he has had some tests done to find out what happened to him and has more tests scheduled for April 1st.  He feels pretty good now.   I'll write him back and ask him to please post on here with whatever information he wants to.