Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

First hints of what will take place on Equinox are beginning to appear.   @zimadog on a roll call has noted that Celebrity Site is show Reflection Suite (will it be renamed?) and Signature Suits and open for booking post revolution.  Same location as Reflection. Equinox.png.5b5dab8d3f584e098b9990c2964719df.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

First hints of what will take place on Equinox are beginning to appear.   @zimadog on a roll call has noted that Celebrity Site is show Reflection Suite (will it be renamed?) and Signature Suits and open for booking post revolution.  Same location as Reflection. Equinox.png.5b5dab8d3f584e098b9990c2964719df.png

This is being done on all the S Class ships. I saw somewhere details of how the ships will look after the "Revolution" and every one of the Solstice Class ships (other than the Reflection of course) is getting these added. I don't know where I saw it although I think it was from one of the links you posted on the Millennium post. It was among the info for travel agents.

Are bookings for these being held until after the work is done? I had been looking at one of the Signature ones on the Reflection for 2021 after my daughter decided she may come. Trying to convince her we will all fit into a CS at the moment. 

Jim, thanks so much for this information!  I love the Sky Lounge and, while I hate that Equinox (and the other S Class I suppose) will now have a smaller one, like already on Reflection, I was worried that the entire Lounge would be taken away from us plebeians and turned into a suite retreat only area.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We booked our Antarctic cruise on Silhouette on January 25 and the Signature Suites and the yet to be named top suite were available to book.

There is nothing showing up for the Equinox in the UK as yet. It may be different on board. They are showing as bookable on a TA site but not on Celebrity UK.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

10 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We are on Equinox in November this year and you're right, there are no Signature Suites showing.  But, if I look at a March 2021 sailing they are available to book.  Wonder what they are waiting for with earlier sailings.

I checked on the Celebrity UK for February 2021 and there is no mention of SG or RF suites but I checked on a TA site that makes it easier to see what cabins are available than Celebrity do and it is bookable with them. 

12 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We are on Equinox in November this year and you're right, there are no Signature Suites showing.  But, if I look at a March 2021 sailing they are available to book.  Wonder what they are waiting for with earlier sailings.

I'm guessing that people have already booked the earliest sailings.   One of the negatives of no cost cancellation is that some book rooms that they may or may not take and keep them off the market.  

I was looking at the November 2019 dates and all show sold out.

The Bride and I are booked on the 11 day Southern Caribbean leaving 9/23/19...looking forward to it, first time on Celebrity...have a hump balcony cabin on Deck 9...I hope they don't cut off too much for the plebeians either...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pier290 said:

Are they revamping the regular balcony cabins also??  What else are they revolutionizing on the Equinox?   I heard main dining room, Oceanview cafe etc?? True?

Everything I have heard is that they will be installing a Retreat Lounge and Sunbathing area.   The plans are that every room will be revised and Edgefied.   They will be getting the same color pallet as the  Edge/Millennium.  The Restaurants and Michael's Club will also get a remake.     

Appreciate any others that have heard about the Revolution of Equinox to jump in.  

24 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The Bride and I are booked on the 11 day Southern Caribbean leaving 9/23/19...looking forward to it, first time on Celebrity...have a hump balcony cabin on Deck 9...I hope they don't cut off too much for the plebeians either...

I don't think you will be disappointed.   The hump cabins are really nice.  

The only changes that would affect reduction of space to the Non-Suite guests is the build out of the Retreat on the Solstice Deck (Deck 16).   This space was previously used for sunbathing and sometimes for Sail in or Sail Away and was very rarely used by most passengers.  

I wonder how successful the location will be as it can really get cold and windy up there.   Maybe they will revise how the glass wind breaks are installed. 

1191984336_FrontDeck.jpg.bc3196e31a386ae96650bf8b3e8038a4.jpg

12 minutes ago, Ms Jo UK said:

Apart from a remake of the restaurants will there be any new ones added?

I would not expect to see any new ones added.   I've heard that they will be adding additional Sky Suites -  probably to match Reflections that holds 100 more passengers than the other S-Class ships with most of those being Sky Suites. 

I would think since they aren't to my knowledge creating anymore space they will be taking spaces away from other area similar to the Reflection and Signature Suites.   

My DH and I booked Equinox for Nov of next year.  We love the S1 corner afts, but they were 800 more than the S2 next door, so booked it instead.  Celebrity is really milking those S1’s now.  I sent it to the big box store and have tons of OBC.  I have never been in an S2, so that will be New all the way around.  We also have not been in the Caribbean for years, so it should be a new experience...SS is a little pricy...

Edited by Lastdance

13 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

My DH and I booked Equinox for Nov of next year.  We love the S1 corner afts, but they were 800 more than the S2 next door, so booked it instead.  Celebrity is really milking those S1’s now.  I sent it to the big box store and have tons of OBC.  I have never been in an S2, so that will be New all the way around.  We also have not been in the Caribbean for years, so it should be a new experience...SS is a little pricy...

A good strategy may be to book the S2 and watch for price drop after final payment and upgrade if still interested in S1 and a more reasonable price.  They have a tendency to drop prices 7-10 days after final payment date. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I noticed that many are already booked.    I went to October 26, 2020 (way out in the future) and shows availability of Reflection Suite and Signature Suites available to book.  

We were looking at Equinox last night for an early to mid August 2019 sailing, and I think you're correct, "Reflection" and Signature suites were a category, but listed as all booked. We were looking to book a Sky Suite, and those are either almost all booked, blocked out by TAs or just not there. I'm not that familiar with SS, this would be our first, but the only available ones were on Deck 12? (under OVC) and the aft corners on several decks - 7,8,9,10 etc. Where would other SS be located? The straight aft cabins were all booked on every deck, aren't some of those Sky Suites?

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Not trying to rain (LOL) on your parade, because I hope you and The Bride have an awesome cruise, but you may have more to worry about hurricanes than how much they cut off!

Joking aside, hope you enjoy Celebrity, DH and I do, bon voyage.

7 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I'm not that familiar with SS, this would be our first, but the only available ones were on Deck 12? (under OVC) and the aft corners on several decks - 7,8,9,10 etc. Where would other SS be located? The straight aft cabins were all booked on every deck, aren't some of those Sky Suites?

You may need to expand your search from S1 to S2.    The corner ones are usually S1.   The only difference is usually just location. 

There are a bunch of S2's on Deck 12  2114-2137   and corners S1  2146 and 2151

Deck 11 -   S2  1621-1650  and 2 aft 1665 and 1667   S1 Corners 1666 and  1663

Deck 7, 8, 9 and 10   Just the two aft corner cabins S1

There's currently 44 Sky Suites of both type -  I believe 12 are S1's   

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I read that the Silk Harvest on the Equinox and Solstice will be converted to the Le  Petite Chef at Qsine.

We heard this at our M&G (from ship's staff) back in November about the Equinox.

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

We were looking at Equinox last night for an early to mid August 2019 sailing, and I think you're correct, "Reflection" and Signature suites were a category, but listed as all booked. We were looking to book a Sky Suite, and those are either almost all booked, blocked out by TAs or just not there. I'm not that familiar with SS, this would be our first, but the only available ones were on Deck 12? (under OVC) and the aft corners on several decks - 7,8,9,10 etc. Where would other SS be located? The straight aft cabins were all booked on every deck, aren't some of those Sky Suites?

Not trying to rain (LOL) on your parade, because I hope you and The Bride have an awesome cruise, but you may have more to worry about hurricanes than how much they cut off!

Joking aside, hope you enjoy Celebrity, DH and I do, bon voyage.

Familiar with the potential weather issue, it’s a long enough cruise to give them plenty of options if need be...thanks for the good thoughts by all... sail away date is the 30th Anniversary date...