Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

The CC newsletter received this AM only mentions that suites and verandas got new mattresses and new balcony furniture. Nothing else said about changes. Dare we hope that these suites escaped the Hoppen experience and that balcony cabins did not lose the over the bed storage? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 39august said:

The CC newsletter received this AM only mentions that suites and verandas got new mattresses and new balcony furniture. Nothing else said about changes. Dare we hope that these suites escaped the Hoppen experience and that balcony cabins did not lose the over the bed storage? 

AMEN

Lets hope so

We liked the over the bed storage on he S class and really missed it and the storage (tower) in the bathroom of a recent Aqua 1 on Infinity

We sail B2B in Sept

47 minutes ago, IrvSp said:

Wonder if they are there as it is easier to remove materials that were removed during the crossing like furniture or flooring, from the top of the ship and of course bulky items or containers items were in and put on the ship in Spain? Another reason the ship docked there and not #25 which it will be moved to for tomorrow?

Perhaps for unloading things as you mentioned? This dock might have better access for the cranes and removal vehicles.

Terminal 19 definitely has more room to work than 25. There are a few pictures on Instagram that show giant piles of the old furniture and items to be removed. It also looks like maybe Concierge and above have different balcony furniture than regular verandas. The photo isn't very clear but it seems like they differ in color. 

I think the blue hull looks amazing. It ties in with the blue on the upper deck windows and funnel and the orange lifeboat tops really pop. I know the colors on one Fort Lauderdale webcam are way over-saturated, but it does look more Edge-ish with the orange life boats back in place. 

Some cruisers are very naive expressing disappointment that the total renovation did not take place.  For example, I point to removing half of the Sky Lounge to put in additional rooms.  That area is one of the nicest areas on the S-class ships and I recall the spectacular views cruising toward the glaciers surrounded by mountains on each side in Alaska .  

• Like 5

I have seen the new cabanas on Social Media.

There appears to be less room and more of them which reduces the area on the lawn.

I cannot imagine a family being comfortable in them as there appears to be little or no shade.

I have attached some screen shots.

DBFCA925-0823-461B-AE2C-5416B61B3397.jpeg

B650F700-7B53-4253-9275-399DD43DB5D7.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

On 2/5/2019 at 1:24 PM, PTC DAWG said:

The Bride and I are booked on the 11 day Southern Caribbean leaving 9/23/19...looking forward to it, first time on Celebrity...have a hump balcony cabin on Deck 9...I hope they don't cut off too much for the plebeians either...

We are on the same sailing and it is our first on Celebrity as well.  Long time Royal cruisers with on Princess.  Looking forward to the Equinox and all she has to offer.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

There appears to be less room and more of them which reduces the area on the lawn.

I cannot imagine a family being comfortable in them as there appears to be little or no shade.

I’m thinking the opposite. The previous Reflection and Silhouette version of the alcove only sat 3 people comfortably. I think these actually will have more space to lounge. And the side panels move so you can adjust them with the sun. The Bimini tops on the alcoves was useless for shade unless the sun was directly overhead. You can tell from the first picture there is quite a bit of shade. And there are only 6 total which is the same number as on the other ships with them. I’d rather see these than the lawn completely empty during the day as it usually is. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

The pods have landed! Eerie!

They block views, but there are other places on board ( but dwindling)  to be outside.

• Haha 2

I like the shape and that the sun screens move.

They look smaller than the more linear cabanas on other S class ships

If movies are playing all day--we wouldn't pay to be there... we'd want to quiet, breeze, shade, service etc

4 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

f movies are playing all day--we wouldn't pay to be there... we'd want to quiet, breeze, shade, service etc

It seems we are losing the ability to relax, maybe even the very concept of ease, calmness, and serenity.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, upwarduk said:

They look perfect for the Bride and I...

• Like 3