Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Really good point.    It is possible to slip in a section to stretch a ship but I think the chances of that are slim as you stated.    

This has been explained already. They add just 6 suites on the starboard side in the front and reduce the size of the lounge. That change is similar to Reflection. Of course they do not add the extra deck in the middle that Reflection has. 

Edited by Saab4444

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

This has been explained already. They add just 6 suites on the starboard side in the front and reduce the size of the lounge. That change is similar to Reflection. Of course they do not add the extra deck in the middle that Reflection has. 

Since you are an expert on this, will you let us all know where they are installing the additional 8 Inside classification 9 cabins. 

• Like 2

Those extra suites on Reflection are on the port side -- they're going to put them on the starboard side and create a new entrance to the Sky Lounge?

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

Those extra suites on Reflection are on the port side -- they're going to put them on the starboard side and create a new entrance to the Sky Lounge?

I thought they were being added to the port side like on Refection.  That would make more sense. 

If Celebrity is reading these threads, Here's another vote for Murano. Prefer that to Tuscan.  I do like Lawn Club Grill, in fact, one time we were so full, we couldn't even think about dessert and the maitr'd Invited us to come back on another day during lunch time and  have our dessert. I try to limit the flatbread and salad now.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Since you are an expert on this, will you let us all know where they are installing the additional 8 Inside classification 9 cabins. 

Since you have not received an answer, I can point out the Reflection has an additional seven (7) category 9 cabins on Deck 10 and an additional (6) category 9 cabins on Deck 11 for a total of 13.  So I'll assume, but I'm no expert, that they will be on those decks.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

My intention was not to take away your role as the expert. As we are talking about few additional cabins only, unlike to latest changes on Royal Caribbean ships, this makes me happy. Regarding the inside cabins they will squeeze them in on different decks, e.g. close to the centrum where public space like the library or the Internet and Apple space goes away. But  who cares about those few basic cabins? They have no impact on the ship overall.

58 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

My intention was not to take away your role as the expert. As we are talking about few additional cabins only, unlike to latest changes on Royal Caribbean ships, this makes me happy. Regarding the inside cabins they will squeeze them in on different decks, e.g. close to the centrum where public space like the library or the Internet and Apple space goes away. But  who cares about those few basic cabins? They have no impact on the ship overall.

REALLY!  You just dug a bigger hole, on multiple levels.

Off my soapbox now.

• Like 1

. Regarding the inside cabins they will squeeze them in on different decks, e.g. close to the centrum where public space like the library or the Internet and Apple space goes away. But  who cares about those few basic cabins? They have no impact on the ship overall.

On the TA we’ve been talking about in November 2018, you couldn’t find a seat in the library between 9 am and 6 pm! There are definitely some underutilized areas, but if every spare seating area gets a cabin stuck on it, some cruises will be not fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No one has posted for sometime and I assume that Equinox is now nestled into a shipyard in Cadiz, Spain getting her updates.  I received notification that the reflection suite and signature suites and eight additional inside staterooms would not be added at this time.  The website does not seem to reflect this change but curious if anyone else has heard when those updates might be made since they will not be done during this dry dock?

22 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Based on the fact that they updated the "revolutionize" document and took most of the stuff from Equinox off, I would hazard to say not any time in the immediate future. Those changes appear to need a major dry dock.

They need time.  Many of these changes don't have be done in a dry dock.  My guess the original schedule was due the usual dry dock (for inspections etc) with the rest of the the ship sitting in the water at a different dock while the updates being done.

6 hours ago, TXU2 said:

Celebrity Equinox arrive Cadiz 10:11 am local time May 13, 2019 and is in the dry dock according to Marine Traffic.

Indeed, and this: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/celebrityequinox/ may be a good place to find pictures from the renovation, scroll a bit down to "Latest". Currently no pictures of the work on the ship, but at few pictures of the ship docking in Cadiz.

Edited by mikkelhansen

3 hours ago, gatour said:

They need time.  Many of these changes don't have be done in a dry dock.  My guess the original schedule was due the usual dry dock (for inspections etc) with the rest of the the ship sitting in the water at a different dock while the updates being done.

Originally, dry dock was supposed to be in the Bahamas. Four weeks of time to make changes. Unfortunately, when the crane accident happened, it pushed this dry dock to Cadiz, so two weeks lost. I imagine that anything like new cabins, massive renovation, etc can't happen while ship is in service, so they got pushed off. Granted, I'm sure things that could be done while the ship is in motion are being done (or were as the ship is now in Cadiz), but a lot of the big stuff had to get cut. I would guess they won't pull the ship out of service until the next dry dock period.

26 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

Originally, dry dock was supposed to be in the Bahamas. Four weeks of time to make changes. Unfortunately, when the crane accident happened, it pushed this dry dock to Cadiz, so two weeks lost. I imagine that anything like new cabins, massive renovation, etc can't happen while ship is in service, so they got pushed off. Granted, I'm sure things that could be done while the ship is in motion are being done (or were as the ship is now in Cadiz), but a lot of the big stuff had to get cut. I would guess they won't pull the ship out of service until the next dry dock period.

Yes, I am well aware of the incident with the Oasis and the need to send the Equinox to Caldiz as a result, to get the mandatory stuff done (inspections etc).

I was just pointing out, if the work was being done in the Bahamas, the original schedule probably included actual dry dock time along with "wet dock" time.  Because of the the transit time, along with the needed supplies not being present in Caldiz, I agree the big stuff had to be cut.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

we had a Signature Suite booked for Aug 2020 and are sad that we will not be able to experience the new rooms for Equinox.  Glad to hear X say they will still complete the Retreat changes the are planned.  😎

On 2/6/2019 at 1:33 PM, Saab4444 said:

I am confused. I sailed on the reflection April 1st. the Sky did not look any different. Waiters still entered and left there on the port side.

The Sky Lounge on Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse and Silhouette encompasses the entire front of the ship from side to side with side seating down both port and starboard sides.

On Reflection the Sky Lounge only occupies the starboard and half of the front view.  The bandstand and dance floor  are against a wall in the middle of the dance floor area on the other ships.  You cannot walk around behind the bandstand on Reflection.  On Reflection there is no port side seating and thus it’s a smaller venue.

Love the posted pic..glad work has begun!

I believe that on Reflection,  Sky is on same level as the Solarium and the spa is a level up.   Other S Class Sky is one level up..and spa is on same level as the Solarium,??????

Not 100 % sure, b/c Reflection was a one and done for us due to that  layout, truncated Sky lounge, crowding elsewhere, and the bar hogs at the Sunset circular bar!   It was a Miami DJ party boat when we tried it,...very loud all over.

Edited by hcat