Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

On 6/6/2019 at 1:18 PM, 39august said:

Looks like they removed the comfortable easy chairs and replaced them with that long table with backless stools. So sorry to see this. Are there any comfortable chairs now in Craft Social? There used to be a table and chairs for two just outside the entrance as well.

The Gastrobar also had a long tall table with backless stools near the front.  That might be a new piece of furniture but it is very similar in function to the old one. 

Edited by SerraG
A word

54 minutes ago, keesar said:

Let's not call what they did as a "revolution".  Updating is a better description.

Have to agree. If anything it is a partial update. To call it a revolution is unsubstantiated. Nothing but hyped up advertising. Yes, some decor has changed, but the only revolution that has taken place is increased pricing across the board. Think about it!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, spammie said:

I don't know for sure but Idoubt it.  I know when you order the martini flights at the martini bar you pay the full price not the difference.  

I agree, I think any flights as well as the wine carafes at the Oceanview and Sunset are pay as you go

14 hours ago, RCIGUY said:

Have to agree. If anything it is a partial update. To call it a revolution is unsubstantiated. Nothing but hyped up advertising. Yes, some decor has changed, but the only revolution that has taken place is increased pricing across the board. Think about it!

I can tell you for sure that the pricing on my Equinox Cruise I booked last fall for a September cruise hasn’t moved much at all, either way. 

4 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I can tell you for sure that the pricing on my Equinox Cruise I booked last fall for a September cruise hasn’t moved much at all, either way. 

I have several cabins booked (for staff) on our 3/2020 Silhouette sailing (post "Revolution" dry dock), and the insides just went down close to $100 pp... about to call Celebrity now  🙂

Tom

We have a January 2020 cruise on Reflection and the price is DOUBLE what we paid for it 6 months ago.  I think X is trying to recover costs related to the "Revolution" or "UPDATE".

And our Equinox sailing for April of 2020 is also almost DOUBLE !!

Looks like they are going to price themselves at a level that will be less competitive.  JMO

Ended up being $95 less per person for inside and balcony cabins... just saved nearly $1,200 🙂

Granted, this is the Silhouette I'm talking about here, and not the Equinox.

Glad we switched from the identical itinerary (sailing earlier in the month)... insides there are $1649, vs the $799 on ours !!

ABC's --- here we come !

Tom

On 6/5/2019 at 11:30 AM, mmeg29 said:

Our story is a long one but we were in a Signature Suite for 12 nights ( at a great price) with lots of OBC because we booked while on Edge. I will shorten it dramatically.  First I am not upset about the lack of hot tub in the Retreat as the original announcements from  Celebrity did not mention a water feature, there was never a hot tub shown on the deck plan changes, and the Future Rep told us in February that there were no plans for a hot tub.  If there had been one it would have been a bonus for me.  The signature suite has a tub on the balcony so I can make my own "water feature."  We were upgraded to a Royal Suite with our original price protected.  All we gain is square footage that I can see and I almost upgraded on a rare day when the price was down.  I had my own reasons for wanting the Signature Suite.  This is an acceptable switch for me.  As for those in the Reflection Suite, no one has said what Celebrity did for them, that I have seen, but both women who I have seen respond to this elsewhere seemed quite pleased with the changes.  I am thinking if these women had not been well cared for we would have heard about it.  

Thanks for sharing.  I will try to contain my envy and future disappointment in the lack of Move-up potential.    But, to be fair, I booked a year ago and my S2 is now twice the price I paid.  And I LOVE the fact that Celebrity did the right thing in your case!

• Like 1

Waiting anxiously for the first few reviews. The Equinox will be out last Celebrity cruise for awhile. Trying some brand new ships, plus totally gutted and rebuilt ones with other cruise lines for the next two years. So far 8 booked to April 2021. Waiting for more 2021 months to show up

Just saw a pic of the new Sky suite balcony chairs on Facebook.  Small low back upright chairs that don’t recline.  They look like chairs that come with outdoor dining sets you can buy online.   Definitely not suitable for relaxing on the balcony.  And, the foot rests are gone too.  😢  Looks like the old large wooden table is still there.  Has anyone had any success getting the chairs swapped out?   Is there any other furniture on a SS balcony?  Almost seems like Celebrity joined the less time on the balcony is better for increasing revenue club.  Disappointed because we spend more than “20%” on our balcony and loved the reclining chairs and foot rests.A1AB534F-C3B6-41E5-A528-2C3833B4CAD9.thumb.jpeg.86ed2456b29b1b12a95eeee417cf066d.jpeg

Edited by 81Zoomie

On 6/7/2019 at 8:37 PM, RCIGUY said:

If I replace carpeting in my home and replace my outdoor lawn chairs, would that be a "home revolution"?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

Just saw a pic of the new Sky suite balcony chairs on Facebook.  Small low back upright chairs that don’t recline.  They look like chairs that come with outdoor dining sets you can buy online.   Definitely not suitable for relaxing on the balcony.  And, the foot rests are gone too.  😢  Looks like the old large wooden table is still there.  Has anyone had any success getting the chairs swapped out?   Is there any other furniture on a SS balcony?  Almost seems like Celebrity joined the less time on the balcony is better for increasing revenue club.  Disappointed because we spend more than “20%” on our balcony and loved the reclining chairs and foot rests.A1AB534F-C3B6-41E5-A528-2C3833B4CAD9.thumb.jpeg.86ed2456b29b1b12a95eeee417cf066d.jpeg

That is sad. I had heard that someone else got loungers, so hopefully it will be like the Edge. Many of us in S1's complained and now all can have loungers. Happy to see the bigger table for room service!

• Like 2

August 31st will be my third trip on the Equinox. I have tried the Aqua cabins. Loved that the Persian Gardens where included but now I just pay the extra charge for it. The food at Blu was good but I thought it was extremely cliquish, Like being back in high school, if you were not part of the in crowd you were look down on. I have gone the Concierge cabin route but thought the few perks were not worth it. This time I am trying the hump that people rave about. But it will take a lot to knock just a plain old aft cabin out of first place.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Here are a few pictures of a Concierge cabin - looks nice!

Just booked the 8/17 sailing on Friday, but didn’t read this thread until afterwards. Wish I’d been more proactive as I would have booked a Concierge cabin to get the compete refresh. Bummer!

On 6/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, PTC DAWG said:

We just made final payment on a ourSept Equinox cruise Concierge Class cabin. The price went down all of $80.00! Grateful to get that, but was hoping for more.