Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

On 6/10/2019 at 3:07 PM, SerraG said:

I think our balcony furniture is still the old style. However, we are in San Juan right now and there is a giant pile of old balcony furniture being thrown into dumpsters on the dock.  

57F8A350-E922-4AE4-8B91-EDF6B83AC8AF.jpeg

60CA0265-BE8B-4CCC-B58F-576AABD09BCE.jpeg

The chaise and table is the old furniture. The chairs look newer. Never understood why they only placed one chaise for the suites. 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, hiccups said:

We were near what is still called Team Earth.  There are sliding glass doors into the hallway where the hump cabins are.  There was one time we could still hear (or more likely, feel) the music in the evening, but it was only once.  I think the other evenings they finished up a bit earlier. 

The other thing to be aware of is the closet right outside the cabin next door, so sometimes you can hear when the cabin attendants go in and out to get something.  It was never so early or so late that it bothered us, but you could hear it.

Thanks so much for your reply. Which cabin was closest to the steward closet?  7262 or 7266?

9 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

Thanks so much for your reply. Which cabin was closest to the steward closet?  7262 or 7266?

7262 was closest to the steward closet, but I would guess the noise level for 7262 and 7264 would be about the same--the doors to those to cabins are right next to each other, as if they were adjoining cabins.

On 6/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, hiccups said:

That is the $35 Mixology class.  My husband liked the selection of scotches at the bar, but the drinks are pretty limited--they only stock what's on their menu (you can't even get a bottle of water there).  Very nice atmosphere, though, and usually not crowded.

Was thinking of doing the mixology class.  Is it worth it?  That will be the only drinking I do plus the bottle of sparkling wine in my room. 🙂  

7 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

Was thinking of doing the mixology class.  Is it worth it?  That will be the only drinking I do plus the bottle of sparkling wine in my room. 🙂  

We didn't take the class, so I can't speak to whether it was worth it.

17 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Just ask for an egg crate to make it a little softer.  I loved the mattress on Edge, but it did have an egg crate on it too.  Although, firm is so much better for my back...I hope you still have a few more nights left to try the crate!

Great for you back not great for my shoulder. Personally, I think the reason for the hard mattress. They last a lot longer.

10 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Great for you back not great for my shoulder. Personally, I think the reason for the hard mattress. They last a lot longer.

The OP did not mention a shoulder issue or maybe I missed that detail; having an electric bed solves many issues at home, but cruises are a different animal...for hardness, the crate does add some comfort!

Edited by Lastdance

Just now, Lastdance said:

You did not mention your shoulder or maybe I missed that detail; having an electric bed solves many issues at home, but cruises are a different animal...

I did not mention that. I am a side sleeper and that is a problem on a hard bed. I have the sleep number now for over 25 years the first one had a problem after 10 years and they replaced it free with the updated wireless remote and topper. Can not beat that. Love it. My son has one also.

18 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I did not mention that. I am a side sleeper and that is a problem on a hard bed. I have the sleep number now for over 25 years the first one had a problem after 10 years and they replaced it free with the updated wireless remote and topper. Can not beat that. Love it. My son has one also.

Gawd I hope that they are not as hard as rocks.  I am a side sleeper and while on Edge I wanted to die!  My shoulders were killing me.  It was not until our last night that someone we dined next to told us that they had been on board for 3 weeks in 3 different cabins and had experienced different mattresses in each room.  How is that possible?

I'm not sure if we had a new mattress in our cabin on Equinox, but it was pretty hard.  Both my husband and I said if the "pillow top" portion was a little thicker, that would have helped tremendously.  A recent foot surgery has left me with some IT band/sciatic nerve issues, and I woke up several times each night because the mattress had no "give" and was putting pressure on those areas.

1 hour ago, mmeg29 said:

Gawd I hope that they are not as hard as rocks.  I am a side sleeper and while on Edge I wanted to die!  My shoulders were killing me.  It was not until our last night that someone we dined next to told us that they had been on board for 3 weeks in 3 different cabins and had experienced different mattresses in each room.  How is that possible?

We sailed a CS on Edge and our mattress was very comfortable.  The sofa on the other hand was like concrete!

On 6/10/2019 at 5:43 PM, SerraG said:

I am not sure about the mattress and linens. The mattress is probably new. I noticed it is very hard and I don’t remember thinking about that last time were here.

In the past, a suite benefit (maybe in all cabins?) was a "pillow menu" so you could request pillows with varying degrees of softness/firmness, etc.  Maybe with the "revolution", they will offer a "mattress menu"!  😎

14 minutes ago, colliercruiser said:

In the past, a suite benefit (maybe in all cabins?) was a "pillow menu" so you could request pillows with varying degrees of softness/firmness, etc.  Maybe with the "revolution", they will offer a "mattress menu"!  😎

We needed a menu on Edge to tell them which of the hundreds of pillows to remove from our cabin!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just read the three reviews for the first June sailings on the Equinox. Not what I expected. Going on the 22nd next weekend. I am just hoping it will be good as the Reflection we did last April. The negatives that were mentioned we did not find on the Reflection at all. Some things you must overlook. Some times people are just having a bad day. It happens to all of us. If you do not like the MDR food. Go elsewhere. More than once I had a burger for dinner. You just can't have everything perfect. The only ship we were ever on that we really hated was the EDGE. That was us. Not for us at all. One ship out of how many? Not a problem with us. So many great ships to choose from.

8 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Just read the three reviews for the first June sailings on the Equinox. Not what I expected. Going on the 22nd next weekend. I am just hoping it will be good as the Reflection we did last April. The negatives that were mentioned we did not find on the Reflection at all. Some things you must overlook. Some times people are just having a bad day. It happens to all of us. If you do not like the MDR food. Go elsewhere. More than once I had a burger for dinner. You just can't have everything perfect. The only ship we were ever on that we really hated was the EDGE. That was us. Not for us at all. One ship out of how many? Not a problem with us. So many great ships to choose from.

This will be our eighth time on EQ and we’re never disappointed.  I know furniture may be “different “ but the cruise and people are most important.  Yes, we did the Edge. Balcony furniture smaller...oh, well.  More space for room with folding balcony doors open.   It’s a toss up.  Bedside tables should be new and more utilized. Concerned about changes to Gastrobar/tap room.  We’ll see.  Any cruise is a good cruise.  IMO. 

• Like 1

We are getting off today from a June 1 b2b with June 8. As good as ever. Rated number 1 large ship by cruise critic. Scored 100 on US Public Health Service snap inspection of ship while we were on it. Staff are outstanding. Yes, the Revolution was not completed due to accident at Nassau dry dock and the ship was diverted to Spain which meant two weeks lost time. We cruised the EQ in  January and only a few things that needed to be refreshed. Some things not done during dry dock where structural and require another dry dock.  Unfortunately, the folks who post tend to be overrepresented by folks who were disappointed in some way. We have cruised Celebrity for 15 years (40 cruises) and our worst cruise was exceptional. Yes, things change as the cruise market is very competitive. If you have a real bad experience and you talk with staff nicely, they will fix those things they can that went wrong.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TXU2 said:

We are getting off today from a June 1 b2b with June 8. As good as ever. Rated number 1 large ship by cruise critic. Scored 100 on US Public Health Service snap inspection of ship while we were on it. Staff are outstanding. Yes, the Revolution was not completed due to accident at Nassau dry dock and the ship was diverted to Spain which meant two weeks lost time. We cruised the EQ in  January and only a few things that needed to be refreshed. Some things not done during dry dock where structural and require another dry dock.  Unfortunately, the folks who post tend to be overrepresented by folks who were disappointed in some way. We have cruised Celebrity for 15 years (40 cruises) and our worst cruise was exceptional. Yes, things change as the cruise market is very competitive. If you have a real bad experience and you talk with staff nicely, they will fix those things they can that went wrong.

Thanks for posting this. I read the three latest reviews and am perplexed as to how people perceive things so differently.  From good to horrible.  I tend to take the really bad things with a grain of salt.  Not everyone can be pleased and a lot find fault with the smallest things.  This will be our first cruise with celebrity but not our first cruise ever, so I’m looking forward to it.  On the worst day, a cruise is better than any work day.  

• Like 1

We will be on our fourth EQ cruise in July on a b2b. Am happy that the Sky Lounge is untouched and apparently no Hoppen stuff done to cabins. Nothing I have seen posted is detrimental to me in any way, except the small balcony tables and low backed balcony furniture. We are SO happy to be going back to the "unedgified" EQ. Also eager for our first suite in EQ in Sept. Again, so happy no changes were made to suites. Those horrible little closets I have seen of Edge cabins, ugh!

Glad to hear the positives.  We have sailed on the Equinox many times and have always received exceptional service, were well attended to in our Aqua Class Stateroom, and enjoyed good food and great service in BLU.  

We are interested in hearing about the balcony furniture in aqua class.  We use our balcony daily and enjoy our morning coffee while planning our day.  We are sailing on the Equinox again in December.

3 minutes ago, albi said:

Glad to hear the positives.  We have sailed on the Equinox many times and have always received exceptional service, were well attended to in our Aqua Class Stateroom, and enjoyed good food and great service in BLU.  

We are interested in hearing about the balcony furniture in aqua class.  We use our balcony daily and enjoy our morning coffee while planning our day.  We are sailing on the Equinox again in December.

If your sparkling wine is not in the cabin when you get there (aqua or concierge) is that something you can ask your room steward about? I noticed in one of the most recent reviews that the person complained about that.

16 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

If your sparkling wine is not in the cabin when you get there (aqua or concierge) is that something you can ask your room steward about? I noticed in one of the most recent reviews that the person complained about that.

Yes! They no longer bring it until you ask for it. When you ask for it they bring it chilled in a bucket of ice. 

19 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

We have had the wine waiting for us sometimes and sometimes we need to ask. Maybe it varies on ships or cabin attendants.

In March of this year it was waiting for us in AQ, so some still do that, I believe.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

You can also ask for it to NOT be chilled to take to your dining room to exchange for something drinkable.  Think I got a $22 credit last time.  In fact I suspect they have half the number bottles they actually need because so many are in unopened rotation. :classic_laugh:

10 minutes ago, VikingRob said:

Yes! They no longer bring it until you ask for it. When you ask for it they bring it chilled in a bucket of ice. 

That's good to know, so thank you for that, but I don't understand why you would have to ask if it's a perk of those cabins.  Even if it is that way, Celebrity should be the ones to tell us.  At least now I know.  That's probably why the recent review had that complaint.  I'm good with the sparkling wine.  I like to add a flavored water enhancer to it to make it even better. 🙂