Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jim_Iain

Equinox Revolution

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I am confused. I sailed on the reflection April 1st. the Sky did not look any different. Waiters still entered and left there on the port side.

Still confused?  Go to Celebrity's web site and pull up the deck plans for Reflection and compare the sky lounge to the sky lounge on the deck plans for the other S class ships.  You should be able to see the difference. Yes, waiters have access to enter and exit to a back room on the port side but guests do not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Reflection has the state rooms on the port side of the Sky Lounge the Equinox will not have that change this time. It should remain as is but Celebrity wants more revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What amuses me always- when they ( X) anounce " exciting new suites and cabins " on an existing ship. Very exciting indeed- cut into a once beautyfull lounge - make it  smaller-and even more cramped on occasions.

More passengers- less space- more money - exciting- yes- very much so- for the cruise line! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

What amuses me always- when they ( X) anounce " exciting new suites and cabins " on an existing ship. Very exciting indeed- cut into a once beautyfull lounge - make it  smaller-and even more cramped on occasions.

More passengers- less space- more money - exciting- yes- very much so- for the cruise line! LOL

It is indeed a change great for about 15 people sailing in this suites but bad for all other ~2800 as a nice public space disappears...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

The Reflection has the state rooms on the port side of the Sky Lounge the Equinox will not have that change this time. It should remain as is but Celebrity wants more revenue.

My first post just mixed up port and starbord side. They change other S-class ships similar to Reflexion. For Equinox this is (fortunately) delayed due to the dry dock issue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious as to  how much smaller the truncated Sky is on Reflection.   Some events are not well attended but the Cap Club gatherings can be very crowded... less space for events and not a  panoramic view....sad to see it be done to other S Class ships except EQ

 

( third EQ Rev thread..I think this was the first one posted.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hcat said:

Curious as to  how much smaller the truncated Sky is on Reflection.   Some events are not well attended but the Cap Club gatherings can be very crowded... less space for events and not a  panoramic view....sad to see it be done to other S Class ships except EQ

 

( third EQ Rev thread..I think this was the first one posted.)

I am guessing that it is between 1/3 and 1/2 smaller.  The conference rooms were also removed.  Except for the Elite cocktail hour, I have never found the Sky Lounge to be very crowded.  The Reflection Sky Lounge is certainly large enough for the dance classes and trivia groups.  I could not care less about the Art Auction.

I find the Sky Lounge as a nice place to hide during the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1977164965_CadizDrydock2.jpg.eafa6b6d0cbcf341c5c5233529ec8172.jpg

Cadiz Dry Dockyard -

 

1801317017_CadizDrydock.jpg.fd2eccf988085ad6c970aa7b2a4bb4f5.jpg

 

1065542016_CadizDrydock3.jpg.1c7b16fa73345a534874d07bee004c3e.jpg

 

871530470_CadizDrydock4.jpg.4d56488eff30883ac4a0c170fd5c908c.jpg

 

970905541_CadizDrydock5.jpg.cd1ee2541f6013838ebd5dd79035b2a7.jpg

 

1014132003_CadizDrydock6.jpg.b76bde3574ccf4b0a98300f0cd5d0574.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am guessing that it is between 1/3 and 1/2 smaller.  The conference rooms were also removed.  Except for the Elite cocktail hour, I have never found the Sky Lounge to be very crowded.  The Reflection Sky Lounge is certainly large enough for the dance classes and trivia groups.  I could not care less about the Art Auction.

I find the Sky Lounge as a nice place to hide during the day.

 

If you take a look at the Reflection floor plan for the Sky Lounge it should be roughly the same size as the Sky Lounge on Equinox after revolution.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

 

If you take a look at the Reflection floor plan for the Sky Lounge it should be roughly the same size as the Sky Lounge on Equinox after revolution.   

Equinox is not getting the added suites so no change to the Sky Lounge for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Equinox is not getting the added suites so no change to the Sky Lounge for now.

Kind of sad about the suites not being added.  🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Equinox is not getting the added suites so no change to the Sky Lounge for now.

Thanks for the information.   After being away for a month having to catch up on what's happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mmeg29 said:

Kind of sad about the suites not being added.  🙄

 

I am thrilled...keeping more space for 99.9% of the passengers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Jim figured you would have some catching up to do.

I do indeed.   We both came down with a bad cough the day the cruise ended.   I thought we had dodged the bullet as many on the cruise passengers were coughing the last week of the cruise. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I do indeed.   We both came down with a bad cough the day the cruise ended.   I thought we had dodged the bullet as many on the cruise passengers were coughing the last week of the cruise. 

 

 

Use to happen to me every cruise due to the A/C in the cabin while sleeping.  Came up with a remedy that actually works. I now take a humidifier and let it run all night and it works.  Returned from 15 day Hawaii cruise and no issues.  That was a first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are sailing in Sept and the fares reflected a REVOLUTIONIZED ship with new bedding, new rooms, etc etc...

IF they aren't updating the staterooms etc... really those of us sailing on her are being short changed...

 

We just went through this sailing Infinity. She was supposed to be revolutionized before the TA and the dry dock changes meant she was not...and it showed in some places 

 

😣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

We are sailing in Sept and the fares reflected a REVOLUTIONIZED ship with new bedding, new rooms, etc etc...

IF they aren't updating the staterooms etc... really those of us sailing on her are being short changed...

 

We just went through this sailing Infinity. She was supposed to be revolutionized before the TA and the dry dock changes meant she was not...and it showed in some places 

 

😣

Infinity isn’t scheduled for its update until Nov. 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

We are sailing in Sept and the fares reflected a REVOLUTIONIZED ship with new bedding, new rooms, etc etc...

IF they aren't updating the staterooms etc... really those of us sailing on her are being short changed...

 

We just went through this sailing Infinity. She was supposed to be revolutionized before the TA and the dry dock changes meant she was not...and it showed in some places 

 

😣

 

I am also booked on the Equinox in November.  The plans to "revolutionize" the S class ships was always different than the M class ships.  Ex.  The cabins will be refreshed on the S class, but not completely replaced as in the M class. Plus other differences as well. The fare at which I booked seemed fair, especially when I compare it to the Edge and what that cost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the updated Modernization Overview for Celebrity Equinox.

 

(Updated May 5, 2019)

 

Radio

 

CEL_The_Celebrity_Revolution_Modernization_Overview.thumb.jpg.3c36276fe0c62d49947f464614d1aa64.jpg

 

 

 

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Captain Alex posted a couple pictures -

63507431_Captain2.jpg.907d37dd6636ef22f5f1ab252dd71e0f.jpg

 

118983455_Captain3.jpg.d196d563c71e3fbe6655f0dafca5d91f.jpg

 

626999825_Captain4.jpg.935eca6e26b3c1bdf9c5cf26dbc8916e.jpg

 

Captain.jpg.0d3ff1e24002bec2502c8a083f1ed5ef.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Radio said:

Here is the updated Modernization Overview for Celebrity Equinox.

 

(Updated May 5, 2019)

 

Radio

 

CEL_The_Celebrity_Revolution_Modernization_Overview.thumb.jpg.3c36276fe0c62d49947f464614d1aa64.jpg

 

 

 

.

 

Does anyone have the initial version for comparison? I looked and cannot find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Does anyone have the initial version for comparison? I looked and cannot find.

 

Here is the prior version dated March 25, 2019.

 

Radio

 

CR1.thumb.jpg.22be5ca8fe9c4843ad2385e1bb15ad33.jpg

 

 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...