Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

25 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Quasar is still there.

17 minutes ago, blueboro said:

A "win-win" with Quasar and full size Sky Lounge!!

Great news!!! Need the space in the Sky lounge for silent disco and you just never know what to expect in Quasar. Good times!!!!!

27 minutes ago, CikraB said:

Great news!!! Need the space in the Sky lounge for silent disco and you just never know what to expect in Quasar. Good times!!!!!

On our sailing, the  (not so) Silent Disco was in the Grand Foyer on Friday night.  Kind of annoying with so many people at guest services trying to settle their accounts.

20 hours ago, keesar said:

How did they shrink the size of the tables on the balcony? 🤔

Cruisers have reported seeing deck furniture pitched into dumpsters in port.  So they pitch them (which in my view is obscene, because they are perfectly good tables) and install tiny replacements.  Modern Luxury at its best.  NOT!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Cruisers have reported seeing deck furniture pitched into dumpsters in port.  So they pitch them (which in my view is obscene, because they are perfectly good tables) and install tiny replacements.  Modern Luxury at its best.  NOT!

On our cruise shortly before the renovation, the table and chairs were structurally fine and comfortable.  The table needed some stain on the wood and the chairs needed a paint touch up.  We really enjoyed them, especially when having a drinks and plates of food.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SerraG said:

When we were at sea, the Retreat sun deck was mostly deserted, probably because it was terribly windy.  In fact, one of the two lounger beds had lost it's awning.  On port days, there were more people (maybe 8-10 at most), although they were generally crowded together under the scant shade.      I think it might be more popular spot if Celebrity could add some pop-up umbrellas while the ship is in port.

Here is a picture of my husband "enjoying" the sun and wind.  ;)

IMG_3118.JPG

Thanks! So many people have complained about suites taking up space, but the times I have been up on those sunning decks that seemed very underutilized, so I thought wow this might move some people out of the pool deck and solarium - but it just may not work out that way with no shade, no hot tub no bar and too much wind

1 hour ago, keesar said:

On our cruise shortly before the renovation, the table and chairs were structurally fine and comfortable.  The table needed some stain on the wood and the chairs needed a paint touch up.  We really enjoyed them, especially when having a drinks and plates of food.  

I had the nice big table and the really nice chairs and footstools on the Solstice last month.  I believe those tables have a teak top, so they don't necessarily need to be stained.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the chairs or the footstools and they were far more comfortable than those "new, improved" chairs look to be.  Plus they recline.  God forbid one should actually get comfortable on one's balcony!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

While I have seen broken furniture discarded into dumpsters, we were on Equinox last fall when they replaced all the loungers on the pool decks.  We watched stacks of the old ones being offloaded in Saint Marten onto many flat bed trailers.  During the announcements the captain said they were being donated to a group on the island.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Thanks! So many people have complained about suites taking up space, but the times I have been up on those sunning decks that seemed very underutilized, so I thought wow this might move some people out of the pool deck and solarium - but it just may not work out that way with no shade, no hot tub no bar and too much wind

Although there is no bar was there a bar service, waiters circulating? Also was any food offered?

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

Although there is no bar was there a bar service, waiters circulating? Also was any food offered?

Good question- I will find out in August. Trying very hard to keep an open mind, because I had thought those spaces could get used more...might just simply be difficult to make those areas usable when underway.

10 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Good question- I will find out in August. Trying very hard to keep an open mind, because I had thought those spaces could get used more...might just simply be difficult to make those areas usable when underway.

We board September....I will look out for posts!

There has been very little feedback on the suite experience so far...

We are disappointed that there isn’t a spa pool but if there was at least good waiter drinks service and a choice of a snack or two I could cope with an occasional trip down to the Solarium and then a drip back up!

Enjoy your cruise!

15 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I can't believe they threw out perfectly good tables and chairs.

😡😡😡

😡

17 hours ago, SerraG said:

When we were at sea, the Retreat sun deck was mostly deserted, probably because it was terribly windy.  In fact, one of the two lounger beds had lost it's awning.  On port days, there were more people (maybe 8-10 at most), although they were generally crowded together under the scant shade.      I think it might be more popular spot if Celebrity could add some pop-up umbrellas while the ship is in port.

Here is a picture of my husband "enjoying" the sun and wind.  ;)

IMG_3118.JPG

What doesn't make any sense to me is that Princess has their Sanctuary (paid sundeck) up front on their ships and there is no wind problem whatsoever.

We've booked the Sanctuary many times (you don't need to be in a suite - it's currently $40/day but used to be half that ) and there is plenty of shade and almost no wind.

It would seem that Celebrity just didn't build high enough barriers when they added the Retreat. (Glass walls in the front of the area)

🙅‍♀️

Edited by chamima

On 6/19/2019 at 1:59 PM, MissLittle1959 said:

I think it's funny that this footstool is considered a perk.  I booked concierge class and I had no idea it was included. lol   Still, it would not have discouraged me from booking.  I prefer to go out and about for breakfast or any meal.  I rarely if ever stay in my tiny cabin. 😉

Perhaps If I had a “tiny cabin” I wouldn’t stay in it either, but we booked a corner aft so we could spend time out there enjoying our private space. I’m hoping to have or to be able to get comfortable furniture. Even Carnival has lounge chairs on their corner afts. I figured Celebrity to be a step up.  

FWIW, we do get out and about. We mingle. But we also just like to relax in our quiet space with a drink and our own company. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

Perhaps If I had a “tiny cabin” I wouldn’t stay in it either, but we booked a corner aft so we could spend time out there enjoying our private space. I’m hoping to have or to be able to get comfortable furniture. Even Carnival has lounge chairs on their corner afts. I figured Celebrity to be a step up.  

FWIW, we do get out and about. We mingle. But we also just like to relax in our quiet space with a drink and our own company. 

Perhaps if I had a larger cabin I’d do that too lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MissLittle1959 said:

Perhaps if I had a larger cabin I’d do that too lol

It’s not difficult. You just select one at booking.  I wouldn’t think of booking a cruise if I can’t have a balcony. It’s a very big part of our cruise experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyber Kat said:

It’s not difficult. You just select one at booking.  I wouldn’t think of booking a cruise if I can’t have a balcony. It’s a very big part of our cruise experience.

Omg I have a balcony, concierge cabin to be precise but we prefer midship not aft or forward.   Therefore we will enjoy what we have. 

18 hours ago, hiccups said:

On our sailing, the  (not so) Silent Disco was in the Grand Foyer on Friday night.  Kind of annoying with so many people at guest services trying to settle their accounts.

And the "(not so)" silent disco is what makes it.

Have there been any updates as to which decks the cabins received the "refresh"?  I have seen several photo's in standard verandah where it appears nothing was done.  I will be disappointed if the cabin for our February 2020 cruise has not been refreshed.

4 minutes ago, blueboro said:

Have there been any updates as to which decks the cabins received the "refresh"?  I have seen several photo's in standard verandah where it appears nothing was done.  I will be disappointed if the cabin for our February 2020 cruise has not been refreshed.

I wondered the same thing. From the posts it appears the Aqua and Concierge have all been done. That is the only thing I have seen that looks to be for sure.  

17 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

While I have seen broken furniture discarded into dumpsters, we were on Equinox last fall when they replaced all the loungers on the pool decks.  We watched stacks of the old ones being offloaded in Saint Marten onto many flat bed trailers.  During the announcements the captain said they were being donated to a group on the island.

Good!  Much better than tossing them into dumpsters.

• Like 1

I really don't understand why Celebrity has such a problem with the retreat area being so windy.  They're feeling their way on this issue, but haven't quite got it right yet.  On MSC in the Yacht Club, that deck is also in the front of the ship.  There are shady areas, areas with real tables and chairs, areas that are sheltered from the wind, a pool, a hot tub, a bar, and food offered at the bar.  Much better setup.

7 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Good!  Much better than tossing them into dumpsters.

Glad furniture  being donated ..they can use alot of help there.. 

Ironic that they will have nicer furniture than cruisers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CAicruiser said:

May be Celebrity should consider Day Pass  for non suite guests if it is under utilize.

Way to generate revenues.

Persians Gardens have Day Pass.😀

Pretty  sure that will not happen

12 hours ago, chemmo said:

There was no bar, but the service on the Retreat Sundeck was excellent.  There were generally one or two servers circulating at all times during the day.  We were there one evening for a while around 9-10pm and didn't see any staff then.  

There was a cocktail menu, but they also brought us some other things (San Pellegrino, pina colada, etc) to drink that were not on it.  There was a lunch menu too, which was available everyday including sea days.

I am happy to answer any other questions about The Retreat / suite experience.  

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3527.JPG

• Like 2