Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

58 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Just returned from the Equinox cruise. Can some tell me why a husband and wife had a standard cheap folding aluminum chair strapped to there back when boarding? 

Probably for taking off the ship when in port for beach time.  Of course, it could be they prefer their own furniture!

On 6/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, colliercruiser said:

One item in the above news article states the following:

Digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and Xcelerate WiFi, as well as the brand’s industry-first facial recognition technology with the implementation of the Celebrity Cruises app, allowing smooth port arrival and expedited boarding, plus additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys.

Can anyone now on board Equinox comment on whether these new technology upgrades are working... including the RFID locks and facial recognition technology?  (Not sure what's that all about.)

Recently on Summit and the RFID worked perfectly.   It sped up Muster Drill where they now scan your card (tap) as oppose to manually record room numbers.    It took me about a week to get the RFID to work in the Celebrity App (they have a glitch and you have to manually go into app and put in reservation number).  

Also in Port Liberty Facial Recognition was used for immigration / passport control.  It took 15-20 seconds per person.   Basically you walk up to a line and a green light on the camera flashes to indicate you are free to go.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:05 PM, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Do the Retreat lounge guests have access to the Retreat?

Yes and no.   Suite guests have access to both.   Zenith's (not in suites) and High end gamblers have access to Retreat Lounge only, not the sun deck.

On 6/23/2019 at 7:51 AM, shirazcruiser said:

Have any recent Equinox sailors attempted to hook up an iPad or laptop to the TV?  We just sailed on the revolutionized Summit and the TV system has changed with their major refurbishment. The new system no longer allowed us to change the HDMI input even with a Samsung remote.  According to an IT supervisor who came to our SS, the new system is no longer an "Apple" run system, but a different modem one. We have an upcoming sailing on Equinox and curious if the tv system was changed on the S ships which are not totally revolutionized like the M ships.

I was on Summit recently after the Revolution.    I can confirm that you can indeed use the HDMI's on the new TV's but there is a little trick.   You have to plug in you HDMI device and power it up prior to turning on the TV.  It then recognizes the port and the Source button works.

61A76B14-0971-475D-951A-BE6E1BC5B0B1.thumb.jpeg.add421e9c52df3dd16f2e9ba8989e02e.jpeg

4BE288BB-9434-47D2-A9CF-179FF72729FA.thumb.jpeg.c1375a7350de67352247851f6c5d8f0c.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, shirazcruiser said:

I bring my own personal Samsung remote that has an "Input Select" button and have done this on every Celebrity and RCCL  cruise over the last 2 1/2 years (12 cruises). The Summit TV system changed during the "Revolution."

I brought my own remote and it would not work on the new TV's.   I just explained how to make it work on the Revolutionized TV's.    BTW there is also a button botttom right the not only turns on and off tv but also changes Source (as I said earlier you have to have your HDMI plugged in prior to powering up TV to be recognized.     The YouTube videos you refer to are for previous TV'.s

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I brought my own remote and it would not work on the new TV's.   I just explained how to make it work on the Revolutionized TV's.    BTW there is also a button botttom right the not only turns on and off tv but also changes Source (as I said earlier you have to have your HDMI plugged in prior to powering up TV to be recognized.     The YouTube videos you refer to are for previous TV'.s

Guess I will have to fall asleep to whatever is on.  

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was on Summit recently after the Revolution.    I can confirm that you can indeed use the HDMI's on the new TV's but there is a little trick.   You have to plug in you HDMI device and power it up prior to turning on the TV.  It then recognizes the port and the Source button works.

Jim - Thanks so much for the "trick" info...do you know if the Equinox tv system changed with the revolution?

• 3 weeks later...

I know that some who of have been on the Equinox post-revolution have indicated they were still bringing items/furniture onboard and unloading old items.  I am curious if they are continuing to upgrade cabins that they did not have time to "refresh" during drydock?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the Summit and we loved every bit of the revolution. For us it was a very positive change.

Will be on the Equinox in some days. Looking forward to it even more!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Does anyone that followed this thread have a review to post?  There is only one (1) post-revolution review on the spreadsheet.

Please take the time to contribute.

I don't know about a spreadsheet, but I'll be on board for a B2B starting August 31 and will come back here and post my thoughts.

16 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Does anyone that followed this thread have a review to post?  There is only one (1) post-revolution review on the spreadsheet.

Check the reviews section.  I posted one there, as have many other people.

Edited by hiccups

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I don't know about a spreadsheet, but I'll be on board for a B2B starting August 31 and will come back here and post my thoughts.

Please do, I'm on the 11 day starting 9/23...actually, thinking of the schedule, you may be disembarking the same day we embark.  

Have a nice time.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

I was on the Equinox 2 weeks ago, my 3rd time cruising on her.  I don't really have much to add to what has already been reported.  The ship looked great, Capt Kate was gracious and very much out and about.  Staff was wonderful as always.

We were in cabin 2152, an aft concierge cabin.  There were new chairs on the balcony that recline, but no foot stools.  This made reclining ridiculously uncomfortable.  The table was small, about 14 inches round.  It didn't even hold the tray for our coffee in the am.  We asked for a larger table and our cabin stewart had one on our balcony that day.   We didn't ask for foot stools.   Just a note that the floor we were on had a completely covered balcony.  The rest of the balconies in the aft (stern) of the ship are mostly uncovered.  

We had reservations (made weeks before we boarded) for select dining.  We had the same table and the same waiters each night.   While on board, they were constantly giving discounts for specialty dining.  We ate at Murano's...2 for the price of one.  It was excellent.   We upgraded our included drink package to premium, as we like to try different wines.   Never had to wait for service at any of the bars.  Except maybe at the Martini Bar...it was always crowded there.  Pool chairs were plentiful if you did not mind sitting away from the pool.  There were the  typical pool chair hogs, especially on sea days.   I saw pool staff removing towels that did not have other belongs on the chairs.   

The Celebrity shows were the same as we had seen before...singers and dancers very talented and energetic.  A couple comedians and singers that were entertaining.  

If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to try to help.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Obviously, my request above needs more explanation.

I recently took over the S-Class Spreadsheet that has over 2,000 reviews compiled into a spreadsheet.  I have changed the format of the form to submit and added a column for "Revolution" information.  Unfortunately, I only have one review with information regarding the Equinox Revolution (or more important, the partial Revolution) and was hoping since this thread is for "Equinox Revolution" I could entice some people to add their information. 

I don't believe any of the bathrooms were done, but some floors (or cabin types), did get new bedding, carpet, couches, balcony furniture, etc.  I believe that Concierge and Aqua may have received the carpet when others did not.  That was the information I thought I'd find from the people on this thread which could help others know what to expect on their upcoming cruise.  Here is the link if you can help.  It doesn't have to be anything elaborate.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/863876-s-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/

5 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Linda - I believe you will be on the Summit, but your contribution to the M-Class spreadsheet would be wonderful.

I just returned from the Nieuw Statendam- as I read so many complaints about balcony furniture I thought I post what balcony furniture looks like on board ships " which does not advertise  " Modern Luxury:

It was a regular verandah cabin- one of two which have this great big balcony. Nice footrest- nice big table- i little smaller would have done the job equally - but nice to have anyway! Had nice breakfast´s out there!

image.jpeg.d15a3096519b3739d234dddc2f5cad80.jpeg

• Like 1

We were in a regular balcony cabin with an extended balcony on the sister ship Koningsdam and they had the exact type of small table now found on X.  So don’t think this is standard furniture...at least it wasn’t on the KDam

32 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

I just returned from the Nieuw Statendam- as I read so many complaints about balcony furniture I thought I post what balcony furniture looks like on board ships " which does not advertise  " Modern Luxury:

It was a regular verandah cabin- one of two which have this great big balcony. Nice footrest- nice big table- i little smaller would have done the job equally - but nice to have anyway! Had nice breakfast´s out there!

image.jpeg.d15a3096519b3739d234dddc2f5cad80.jpeg

Nice design that the footrest fits underneath the chair. 

We're on the Equinox now.  We're in Aqua, but it's been 2 years since we were in a balcony cabin.  Our friends who were in Aqua last year said that the carpet is new, the coffee table and balcony table both smaller (haven't had room service yet, so I don't know how practical they are, but the room seems to have more space  because of it) and he said the couch is reupholstered.   The TV is also new, and I was told easier to connect your device to, but there was storage next to it that is gone.  It doesn't seem that any storage was added to the room, which is a bit disappointing.  

Ocean View looks the same, and Cellar Masters is now Craft social.  The food menu looks a bit smaller.  

They did redo Michael's Club - I was able to take a quick peek.  Does look like the one on the Edge.  And they put in the Retreat sundeck, but I haven't tried to take a quick look.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, riredsox said:

Since Equinox only sails the Caribbean they don’t need a hot tub in the retreat they need a ‘cold’ tub up there.  There is no way to cool off and the walk to the pool and back won’t help because you will be sweating by the time you get back.  Maybe a cold shower up there would help?

If there is any sort of "tub" or pool hygiene regulations require that a shower is next to the tub or pool.  That allows everyone to shower BEFORE they get into the tub or pool.   I hate it when people don't follow the requirement to shower before getting into any tub or pool.  All of the lotions, oils and perspiration can overload the chlorination system. 

6 hours ago, abbydancer said:

We're on the Equinox now...The TV is also new, and I was told easier to connect your device to...

Have you tried hooking up your device up to the new TV? We were on the Summit in May with the new TV's and didn't have any luck hooking up our iPad as we've always done in the past.