Cruise Critic Community
Jim_Iain

Equinox Revolution

58 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Just returned from the Equinox cruise. Can some tell me why a husband and wife had a standard cheap folding aluminum chair strapped to there back when boarding? 

Probably for taking off the ship when in port for beach time.  Of course, it could be they prefer their own furniture!

On 6/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, colliercruiser said:

One item in the above news article states the following:

Digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and Xcelerate WiFi, as well as the brand’s industry-first facial recognition technology with the implementation of the Celebrity Cruises app, allowing smooth port arrival and expedited boarding, plus additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys.

Can anyone now on board Equinox comment on whether these new technology upgrades are working... including the RFID locks and facial recognition technology?  (Not sure what's that all about.)

Recently on Summit and the RFID worked perfectly.   It sped up Muster Drill where they now scan your card (tap) as oppose to manually record room numbers.    It took me about a week to get the RFID to work in the Celebrity App (they have a glitch and you have to manually go into app and put in reservation number).  

Also in Port Liberty Facial Recognition was used for immigration / passport control.  It took 15-20 seconds per person.   Basically you walk up to a line and a green light on the camera flashes to indicate you are free to go.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:05 PM, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Do the Retreat lounge guests have access to the Retreat?

Yes and no.   Suite guests have access to both.   Zenith's (not in suites) and High end gamblers have access to Retreat Lounge only, not the sun deck.

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2019 at 7:51 AM, shirazcruiser said:

Have any recent Equinox sailors attempted to hook up an iPad or laptop to the TV?  We just sailed on the revolutionized Summit and the TV system has changed with their major refurbishment. The new system no longer allowed us to change the HDMI input even with a Samsung remote.  According to an IT supervisor who came to our SS, the new system is no longer an "Apple" run system, but a different modem one. We have an upcoming sailing on Equinox and curious if the tv system was changed on the S ships which are not totally revolutionized like the M ships.

I was on Summit recently after the Revolution.    I can confirm that you can indeed use the HDMI's on the new TV's but there is a little trick.   You have to plug in you HDMI device and power it up prior to turning on the TV.  It then recognizes the port and the Source button works.

61A76B14-0971-475D-951A-BE6E1BC5B0B1.thumb.jpeg.add421e9c52df3dd16f2e9ba8989e02e.jpeg

4BE288BB-9434-47D2-A9CF-179FF72729FA.thumb.jpeg.c1375a7350de67352247851f6c5d8f0c.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Husky61 said:

Who cares?

LOL- Probably didn't want to spend a few dollars to rent chairs at the beach!

On 7/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, shirazcruiser said:

I bring my own personal Samsung remote that has an "Input Select" button and have done this on every Celebrity and RCCL  cruise over the last 2 1/2 years (12 cruises). The Summit TV system changed during the "Revolution."

I brought my own remote and it would not work on the new TV's.   I just explained how to make it work on the Revolutionized TV's.    BTW there is also a button botttom right the not only turns on and off tv but also changes Source (as I said earlier you have to have your HDMI plugged in prior to powering up TV to be recognized.     The YouTube videos you refer to are for previous TV'.s

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I brought my own remote and it would not work on the new TV's.   I just explained how to make it work on the Revolutionized TV's.    BTW there is also a button botttom right the not only turns on and off tv but also changes Source (as I said earlier you have to have your HDMI plugged in prior to powering up TV to be recognized.     The YouTube videos you refer to are for previous TV'.s

Guess I will have to fall asleep to whatever is on.  

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was on Summit recently after the Revolution.    I can confirm that you can indeed use the HDMI's on the new TV's but there is a little trick.   You have to plug in you HDMI device and power it up prior to turning on the TV.  It then recognizes the port and the Source button works.

Jim - Thanks so much for the "trick" info...do you know if the Equinox tv system changed with the revolution?

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Just returned from the Equinox cruise. Can some tell me why a husband and wife had a standard cheap folding aluminum chair strapped to there back when boarding? 

You should have asked them.