Cruise directors

rosepark

Who is likely to be the CD on the Spirit at the beginning of March? We have friends travelling on her for their first SS trip  and I would like to warn them if they need to mug up on philias phobias and collective nouns for trivia.

On that note, does anyone know if Colin Brown will be on the Wind at the end on May so I can start my trivia revision now.

Many thanks

Rp

Colin replaces Allan on the Wind in mid March, then Allan returns in mid June.

I am on the Wind for the Apr 10th and the June 22nd cruises so I asked Allan when I was recently on the Wind and it'll be Colin for the first, Allan again for the second.

Many thanks to all for the info.

We are sorry to miss you Pash, I had hoped you were staying on for Norway. I know Colin only by repute but am looking forward to sailing with him. I have not heard of Rico Du-Breil, but am glad to hear he is lively, our friends will enjoy that.

Rp

19 hours ago, CruisinPashmina said:

I think Colin told me that he would be on The Wind when I board in mid May. I believe you will be sailing right after I disembark..a bummer for me btw. When I inquired it was waitlisted in all categories. 

Great news for our three back to back cruises from 16 May.Colin is one of the best and a really nice guy who always adds to the enjoyment of SS cruising,plus he does a great show as a wonderful classical pianist.

I don't know if this applies on the Wind, but on recent Spirit & Muse cruises, the CD's couldn't do their shows.  We were told it was a new Silversea rule.  But again, it may not apply on the smaller ships. Maybe someone with recent experience can let us know.

Colin will definitely play on any cruise he sails, or the regular floaters would rebel! He is a brilliant pianist. Best of all is how generous he is in accompanying and encouraging  the young classical singers in the Voices of Silversea Ensembles.

Let’s hope that this new rule...which I heard about too, won’t apply to either CD Kirk  or to Colin. Kirk’s shows are pop, fun, super high energy and a cruise highlight, and Colin’s shows are sublime.

19 hours ago, CruisinPashmina said:

Colin will definitely play on any cruise he sails, or the regular floaters would rebel! He is a brilliant pianist. Best of all is how generous he is in accompanying and encouraging  the young classical singers in the Voices of Silversea Ensembles.

Let’s hope that this new rule...which I heard about too, won’t apply to either CD Kirk  or to Colin. Kirk’s shows are pop, fun, super high energy and a cruise highlight, and Colin’s shows are sublime.

.Well said CP .Sincerely hope the new rule is overuled for our May/June cruises with Colin,fingers crossed!

Just read nowornever’s response which must have been written at the same time I was posting. The skit to which I referred was a showcase type of performance...meaning all the entertainers played a part as well as Vicky. The setting was a Holiday cocktail party and she was a very tipsy guest. It was all such good fun!

Sailed with Vicky on the Muse last October and she was not allowed to do her show.  She did incorporate a lot of the material into her many presentations and was awesome!  Look forward to sailing with her on some future cruise she was wonderful!

• Like 1

Great news.  Apparently the "rule" is just for the biggest ships. Looking forward to Colin's show since everyone raves about it.  Right now we are all snowed in the NW so all I can do is wish we were somewhere, anywhere, else watching anyone's show.  The thought of floating around the South Pacific or Caribbean...........

13 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I've heard Moss will be doing his one man show on the Shadow sometime during the next two-weeks.

Sailed with him before.  How do I find out who will be the CD on my Alaska cruise this August on the Muse?

On 2/6/2019 at 3:50 AM, jollyjones said:

Colin replaces Allan on the Wind in mid March, then Allan returns in mid June.

Is the Allan mentioned above the from-Scotland Allan King that we enjoyed in 2015-2016 on three-different Silver Cloud cruises doing the Amazon River, Caribbean and South Africa?  Had thought that I had heard that Allan had departed Silversea.  Is he back?  If so, that's good news!!  Including with his corny jokes and snappy/fun socks!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 62,907 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

40 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Is the Allan mentioned above the from-Scotland Allan King that we enjoyed in 2015-2016 on three-different Silver Cloud cruises doing the Amazon River, Caribbean and South Africa?  Had thought that I had heard that Allan had departed Silversea.  Is he back?  If so, that's good news!!  Including with his corny jokes and snappy/fun socks!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 62,907 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

He was on the Wind for the spring crossing last year, and corny as ever