Any extra charges on upgrade

vent1020

If you have Norwegian's Travel Protection on your current booking, you will be automatically charged to cover the upgrade cost. If you have travel protection via your travel professional, you should contact them to add your upgrade to your coverage.

When we won our bid from balcony to penthouse, i had previously paid the grats before the impending increase.  When the bid was accepted it was as is, and they did not upcharge me from balcony grat rate to suite grat rate.  We had excellent service from our room steward and took care of him at the end.

This is a question I would love to have answered from someone from UK who has been through the experience.  My booking includes pre paid service charges but clearly states on the document from NCL : "for all categories except Haven and Suites".  

On my last cruise I put in a bid and then withdrew it because that statement made me think that I would be paying service charges on top of the cost of the upgrade.  If I was sure this wouldn't happen then I would be willing to try.  

So has anyone got any personal experience or tell me who I should email to find out.  Calling overseas is expensive.  

On a recent cruise I met someone who upgraded from mini-suite to aft penthouse for 600.  She mentioned they paid about $100 tax on the upgrade.  Item 18 in the Upgrade Advantage terms and conditions mentions extra tax... 

18. Depending on the product and destination being visited, a General Excise Tax may be applicable to the upgrade charges, if the upgrade is awarded. Taxes for applicable sailings will be charged automatically once the payment for the upgrade is taken.