No Real Beds Except In Suites+?

purpletequila

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I had really wanted to like Virgin Voyages, but the bed and chairs remind me of IKEA. I don’t want to have to have my bed converted back and forth. I may want an afternoon nap on a real bed. 

ok good luck

4 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I had really wanted to like Virgin Voyages, but the bed and chairs remind me of IKEA. I don’t want to have to have my bed converted back and forth. I may want an afternoon nap on a real bed. 

Really do not think this kind of cabin will not fly.  Think they will have to re do it pretty quickly. 

5 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Just tell your cabin attendant that you want it to stay in the bed position.

15 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

If the beds are that important to you, then yes, best to stick with a cruise line you already enjoy.  The beauty of being a cruise fan today, so many cruise lines and ships to choose from.  We've sailed 6 or 7 lines now and love all of them and are annoyed by all of them.  Nobody is perfect.  🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Sounds like Virgin isn’t the cruise line for you. Enjoy your cruise, whatever line it may be. 

• Like 1

I like how people think there's some sort of difference between putting two twin beds in an L shape with throw pillows during the day and turning them around at night is different than what all the other lines do by keeping them pushed together 24/7 with bed sheets

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 9:52 AM, hotsauce126 said:

I like how people think there's some sort of difference between putting two twin beds in an L shape with throw pillows during the day and turning them around at night is different than what all the other lines do by keeping them pushed together 24/7 with bed sheets

Maybe it just sounds kinda strange when in reality it is really not.  Seems like when entering  the room you think you should see a bed, not just 2 couches. Maybe how some of us may see it.  

• 3 weeks later...

This board sounds a lot like the Celebrity Edge boards while it was making its first voyages. There were people on there who never set foot on the ship who continually bashed every inch of the ship. I sailed on her last month, and my husband and I had a fantastic time! I like the concept of this ship and this weekend I'll be selling it to my husband. Thankfully the short itineraries make it possible to cruise over a long weekend. We do like to exercise on cruises and I am happy that they are including the fitness classes in the price as exercise is one of those things we enjoy on our sea days. My husband and I are in our 50's, as it seems are most of the people on this forum, which is funny as many people are talking about the younger demographic Virgin is targeting, but the reality is that there will be lots of generations on board and given the adults-only restriction, it may skew older by default.

11 hours ago, garymfreedman said:

Anyone that can come up with shaking your phone to get a bottle of champagne delivered to wherever you are on the ship, is not going to have second rate beds. 

Not sure how the availability of a gimmick app translates to a "good" bed.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 12:42 PM, cruisin_123 said:

My husband and I are in our 50's, as it seems are most of the people on this forum, which is funny as many people are talking about the younger demographic Virgin is targeting, but the reality is that there will be lots of generations on board and given the adults-only restriction, it may skew older by default.

I'm extremely curious to find out if Virgin is able to crack that 20s - 30s 'never sailed on a cruise before' demographic. We're 53 and on our recent 11 night Celebrity cruise we felt like the kids. I had to remind myself we were on Celebrity not HAL.  No offense to HAL because we have sailed their ships and they are beautiful. We've sailed NCL, Disney, RCCL, Celebrity, HAL and Princess.  They're all great and they're all annoying. Besides Virgin we want to sail MSC next.

We're sailing the Lady next August and I'm going to be very curious to see whose sailing with us. The hype is there. The DJs and all the 'hip, young' ideas are there. They hooked us with the all included WiFi, Food and Adults only.  Bimini looks like it will be a fantastic stop. 

If they can crack that younger demographic it will be good for the cruise line industry as a whole. The audience is getting older while the industry keeps building more and more ships. A new generation of cruisers will be needed to fill them up.  It's going to get interesting as April really isn't all that far away.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

With these beds is there no option to convert to two twins? They'll always be put together when made up? I asked a chat rep on the website today and he said they can't be single beds but he seemed unsure, has anyone else gotten a different answer?

Sorry to revive the great bed debate, just to be clear, I have no problem with their ability to convert! I just want to know if I'm traveling with a friend we won't be forced to spoon! It seems so weird that they couldn't convert to singles!

18 hours ago, Lionessa15 said:

With these beds is there no option to convert to two twins? They'll always be put together when made up? I asked a chat rep on the website today and he said they can't be single beds but he seemed unsure, has anyone else gotten a different answer?

Sorry to revive the great bed debate, just to be clear, I have no problem with their ability to convert! I just want to know if I'm traveling with a friend we won't be forced to spoon! It seems so weird that they couldn't convert to singles!

They do convert to twin beds. You won't be forced to spoon!

• 2 weeks later...

11 minutes ago, Btj301 said:

Anyone know if the 'european king' beds in the suites split apart into twins like most cruise lines?  I'm looking to cruise with a friend as well and would prefer separate beds.

answered my own question by live chat- and detail on how the convertible bed in sea terrace sleeps in L shape if you want 2 twins.

Sailor Services Crew: Ahoy ! My name is Laura. I'm here to make sure you have an epic holiday experience. What can I help you with today?Me: Hello! i'm considering booking a cruise and had a question about the bed situationMe: i'll be traveling with a friend- do the suite king size beds split into 2 twins like most cruise lines?Me: and same question for the normal balcony rooms that convert to the sofaSailor Services Crew: Our Suites do not split into two twins. Our seabeds split into an L -shape to sleep two singles or L-shaped + pull manSailor Services Crew: the latter would be for a sea terraceMe: the pullman is the bunk above pulls down from ceiling or wall?Sailor Services Crew: You are correct!Me: ok great, thanks for the info!Sailor Services Crew: ceilingSailor Services Crew: No problem!Sailor Services Crew: Let us know if you have more questions!Me: thank you!

On 2/18/2019 at 8:49 AM, ownedbypets said:

I'm sure that people are also having sex on that couch/bed. Possibly on the floor and balcony too.

The walls and ceilings, too. Never underestimate human ingenuity.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I have had some interest in this ship as it has a lot of features I really like. However when I discovered the bed/sofa convertible design it was a real turn off.  Maybe because my last few cruises had a separate living and sleeping area that was well defined. These cabins seem very small.  I don't object specifically to the conversion idea, it just makes no sense when you factor in bedding. Sure, it's easy enough to flip it around and back again. But you need to add/remove a fitted sheet and duvet.   Are you supposed to make and unmake the bed each time you have a different need?  Is bedding stored somewhere in the room for you to use?  It's just inherently impractical.  I get they are trying to be different and cool, but the bed situation just wouldn't work for me.  I don't like making the bed at home and def don't want to do it on vacation.

1 hour ago, grouchomarx said:

I have had some interest in this ship as it has a lot of features I really like. However when I discovered the bed/sofa convertible design it was a real turn off.  Maybe because my last few cruises had a separate living and sleeping area that was well defined. These cabins seem very small.  I don't object specifically to the conversion idea, it just makes no sense when you factor in bedding. Sure, it's easy enough to flip it around and back again. But you need to add/remove a fitted sheet and duvet.   Are you supposed to make and unmake the bed each time you have a different need?  Is bedding stored somewhere in the room for you to use?  It's just inherently impractical.  I get they are trying to be different and cool, but the bed situation just wouldn't work for me.  I don't like making the bed at home and def don't want to do it on vacation.

You room steward does it during cleaning and turn down and they've said you're more than welcome to leave it as a bed 24/7 if you'd prefer

18 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

You room steward does it during cleaning and turn down and they've said you're more than welcome to leave it as a bed 24/7 if you'd prefer

If you do that it means you have no sitting area ever.  Except that janky looking camping style chair or the balcony.