Virgin Scarlet Lady

rojjodc

Who's planning to go - booking just opened.  Price seems reasonable for what's included - free wifi, no extra fees for dining, etc.  I'm guessing it should be attract a progressive crowd and be very LGBT friendly.   I'm thinking of the Cuba itinerary.

We booked on the first day as we were pre deposit holders.  We booked the inaugural on April 1st, 2020 and are staying in the cheeky corner suite with biggest terrace, deck 13.  Should be a fun cruise! Hopefully there’s plenty of LGBT on board!

I just looked on the Virgin Voyages website for a five-day cruise to Havana from Miami for a mid-ship stateroom with a veranda for two people.  The price was luxury-cruise level at $4750 ($950 per day).  My recent cruise on HAL Nieuw Statendam and my booked cruise for February 2020 on the to-be-refurbished Celebrity Silhouette are priced at about half that ($500 per day for a veranda stateroom).  Although The Scarlet Lady sounds fun,  it (and the overpriced Celebrity Edge) will sale without me.   

• Like 2

Dave,

Thanks for pointing out that the prices are for 2 "sailors" in one cabin and not per person. I did another spot check for a five-day cruise to Havana in May for a stateroom with an unobstructed veranda and it was $4,000 for two including taxes and fees, which is $800 per night for 2 people.  Still more than HAL or Celebrity Solstice Class ships but not as high as I thought.  And it is a new ship with innovative features.  And I heard one of the lounges will have a resident drag queen performing. 

image.thumb.png.8042c4c90ed4b542b7fb782c99eea2fb.png

• 1 month later...

I booked the Costa Maya cruise in Sept....@ 1350 for a solo outside on a 5 night sailing. I don’t like short cruises, but this will be fine to get a taste of the product. Talk about prices, I canceled my NCL cruise on the upcoming Encore...in a window cabin and for the same price got both a sailing on HALs Nieuw Statendam this November and the Scarlet Lady the following Sept. 

• Like 1