Epic gay secrets?

dad son team

Your question is vague and could even be read as lurid. What sort of secrets are you looking for? What sort of "areas" might we frequent? I am more than the average bear and I favor a rotation of deck chair/trivia/MDR/entertainment venue/bar on a daily basis. if by secret areas you mean backrooms, dungeons, or steam rooms I would stick to Berlin or Detroit.

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Chad_O said:

Your question is vague and could even be read as lurid. What sort of secrets are you looking for? What sort of "areas" might we frequent? I am more than the average bear and I favor a rotation of deck chair/trivia/MDR/entertainment venue/bar on a daily basis. if by secret areas you mean backrooms, dungeons, or steam rooms I would stick to Berlin or Detroit.

Chad, my intention was not a lurid as you read.  I was looking more to if there is a bar or lounge or such on the ships that tends to attract the gay crowd more than the others.  I am well aware of the "shady" areas that one may frequent.   

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, dad son team said:

I'll be sailing the famed Epic next week and was wondering if there is any secrets that would help me enjoy my trip?  Gayish bars or areas that seems to attract more than the average bear?

Never saw anything but regular folk at the bars.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:53 AM, Chad_O said:

Keep on favoring your trivia with your nose looking down on those who might share his interest.  It’s not your job to be the PC social propriety police is it?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

@Chad_O Detroit?  LOL!  Do tell. I don't think I've seen those two cities in the same sentence before. 

My Epic secret would be to avoid the ship.  It's filthy dirty (and not the good kind of filthy). 

It’s brand new how is that even possible?

6 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

It’s brand new how is that even possible?

Epic was launched in 2009.  Still, I've been on MUCH older ships that were cleaner.  Epic has ground-in dirt from years of neglect.

Don't even get me started on the weird bathrooms.  I hope you are sailing with someone you know VERY well. 

Edited by SeaTheW0rld

19 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

Epic was launched in 2009.  Still, I've been on MUCH older ships that were cleaner.  Epic has ground-in dirt from years of neglect.

Don't even get me started on the weird bathrooms.  I hope you are sailing with someone you know VERY well. 

Everyone loves an “open concept” right??

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:26 PM, Cruisegoer said:

Keep on favoring your trivia with your nose looking down on those who might share his interest.  It’s not your job to be the PC social propriety police is it?

Not really my job but certainly an avocation. I didn't mean to offend anyone but I have seen horrible behavior on ships that put us all in a bad light. I support your (and others') choice to cruise steam rooms. If my reluctance to do so rubs you raw then that must be how you take it. The choice is yours I meant no offense.

10 minutes ago, Chad_O said:

Not really my job but certainly an avocation. I didn't mean to offend anyone but I have seen horrible behavior on ships that put us all in a bad light. I support your (and others') choice to cruise steam rooms. If my reluctance to do so rubs you raw then that must be how you take it. The choice is yours I meant no offense.

I think the fact you’ve noticed “horrible behavior on ships” makes you think that was the OP’s only intent when making the original post. I think it’s interesting you equate secrets with lewd behavior as if a gay crew dedicated lounge or something of that nature wouldn’t qualify. I think it’s also interesting how you label gay men (is “us all”) as the worst of offenders.  I too have witnessed some pretty provocative steam room behaviors and it was generally by men I’d notice with their wives and families on the ships.  Perhaps its best not to second guess an OPs intent.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 2/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, SeaTheW0rld said:

I sailed epic for New Years. 2019/2020. It was spotless. 

On 2/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, SeaTheW0rld said:

Well this post is old, but since it was dredged up from the nooks and crannies of our pre-COVID world...thanks for the bathroom tour! Cute guy:) Anyway, the bathroom is so less weird than I thought it would be. I thought it was clear glass, not opaque. You can't hardly see anything through it. I'll give you that it's a bit odd to not have it's own sectioned off room, but hey, if it gives me more floor space in the cabin, then I'm all for it!

I do cruise with my husband so it's not like clear glass would have kept me away either. The bathroom is our dogs, cat, and our gathering space every morning it seems!

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2022 at 9:20 AM, cruiseny4life said:

Well this post is old, but since it was dredged up from the nooks and crannies of our pre-COVID world...thanks for the bathroom tour! Cute guy:) Anyway, the bathroom is so less weird than I thought it would be. I thought it was clear glass, not opaque. You can't hardly see anything through it. I'll give you that it's a bit odd to not have it's own sectioned off room, but hey, if it gives me more floor space in the cabin, then I'm all for it!

I do cruise with my husband so it's not like clear glass would have kept me away either. The bathroom is our dogs, cat, and our gathering space every morning it seems!

I have to admit not a fan of the cabin layout on Epic, I do like bold designs and creative choices, in cabins, love new tech, but...this layout felt more of change for change sake! As my son said on our cruise, "Dad its kinda weird," still we had an awesome cruise, I give them points for trying something new!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I sailed Epic 12/16/2022. I knew about the bathrooms, I just shrug my shoulders at that. It doesn’t bother me and I’ve stayed at European and Asian hotels that were laid out similar. It was a hot design for about a minute. 

As to cleanliness, the ship was spotless. In 20 years of sailing with NCL, I’ve never encountered anything but spotless ships. 

• 1 month later...

Booked a Club Mini-Suite for December 2024.  My partner always wanted to sail on the Epic, as it's a one of a kind ship and a bit weird.  Hope it's cleaned up by then and wish us luck.

On 2/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, SeaTheW0rld said: