Deposit

Magnelasagne

Hi! 

I’m looking at a cruise with the new Costa Smeralda april 2020, and was told that the deposit is 25%.(talked to agent at Costa today) 

my question is how much will it cost me if i choose to cancel more than 90 days prior to departure? 

Have been trying to find some information, but am seeing different answers. 

Cheers

The 25% deposit is a recent addition, but you only lose £50. 00 UK pounds if cancelling before paying the final payment, now 45 days before departure, increasing up until 14 days before when it becomes full payment.

This also depends on cabin type & where cruise is. when booking that far ahead you should always check & get it in writing at time of booking, Costa are renowned for constantly changing rules & terms. Once in writing at time of booking it is binding.

Each Country may well be different check with TA or even Costa (info@costa.it)

Thank you for answer tenpin. 

I will ask for information when I call back to confirm te booking. They are holding it for a week for me to decide. 

It’s a easter-cruise and one of few times during the year I have time for cruise. Feel like I got a good price as I travel alone and think I will just book it if the cancellation-rules is what you say.

Found an attachment to the first e-mail as I looked at it now(got a second mail with the right booking and the attachment wasnt in that mail) 

My booking say comfort advanced, and the 25% penalty is on basic so hoping I go under the 50€-rule. 

Will talk to them tomorrow and confirm my booking if what I think is right. 

Thought I’d post it in case anyone else is interested😊 

93099F48-5B49-4B55-B208-3A14EBE15D22.jpeg

CD09CE95-C095-47A9-94C4-F950DD4DBD3C.jpeg

• 1 year later...

I understand the penalty policy sets out in the respective T&Cs. I come across there are last minutes deals which specify the term 100% non-refundable. For those last minute deals which are available more than one month prior to the departure date, the passenger has a choice of (1) fully payment or (2) initial deposit plus remaining balance is to be due about 30 days prior to the departure.

If a passenger has made an initial deposit and upon the final payment due date decides to cancel the trip, i.e. not to proceed to the final payment, it is understood the deposit made will be forfeited (i.e. 100% non-refundable). However, does Costa will go after the passenger for the remaining balance of the cruise fare?

From another perspective, is the booking of the last minute deals are contractual to the passenger for the whole cruise fare and the passenger is liable to Costa regardless the passenger goes for the cruise or not.