Interesting (Fairly negative) thread on Celebrity Board about Edge

cruisestitch

Anyone using a scooter and thinking of booking Celebrity Edge (and presumably Apex) should take a look at the current thread about mobility impairment and Edge....it looks like Celebrity “missed the boat” with its newest ship😪😪

Edited by cruisestitch

Sorry, you did not have a good experience using the scooter while on the EDGE.

I sailed aboard the EDGE with my Elite GoGo scooter in January and had absolutely no problems navigating around the ship.   I will say the hallways were a bit narrower that other ships which may have cause a problem for those using a wheelchair or a scooter if there were items in the hall or on coming traffic.

We  booked a wheelchair accessible balcony cabin, which I found more than roomy enough.  Bathroom size and rolling shower was a breeze for the scooter. I especially like the way door automatically open when the Seapass card was used to access our cabin and the button on the inside which opened the door as we left the cabin. 

Getting in and out of the elevators was very easy. Every public bathroom had  a button to open the door for entry and a button to open the door to exit. 

I had no trouble accessing the table in the dining rooms, at which time I was able to transfer to the chair and a server was nice enough to move my scooter away.  

I had EDGE attendants assist me getting on an off the ship with the scooter, each time we disembarked and returned.