"Live" From Symphony of the Seas. February 9-16, 2019 - Trainman-2 Tribute

We will be on the Symphony in May so I am looking forward to your review! Here's an odd question. We are driving to the ship and I wonder what happens when you pull into the Terminal A parking garage. I thought I read somewhere that there are porters at the entrance to the garage who will take your bags. I was wondering if that's true.

Have a great cruise!

Excited for your review as we'll be on same ship and same itinerary in March.  Enjoy your cruise!

I've read some of Trainman's reviews.  Sorry for his passing. Touching you are helping keep his memory alive on here.

Edited by LuCruise

21 hours ago, Andy C said:

Mac!  Why didn't you do a live review?

I was thinking about it, but decided to do more periscopes than a live review. My son and his fiance were with us, and it was her first time for this itinerary and we were off the ship early at three of the ports --- which is becoming rare for us ---, so I didn't think I'd have time for both.

mac_tlc

4 hours ago, kontraxed said:

We will be on the Symphony in May so I am looking forward to your review! Here's an odd question. We are driving to the ship and I wonder what happens when you pull into the Terminal A parking garage. I thought I read somewhere that there are porters at the entrance to the garage who will take your bags. I was wondering if that's true.

Have a great cruise!

We just did this last week. You enter the garage on level 2. We went up to the level three elevators where there were a number of porters waiting. We pulled off to the left and they unloaded the car. We then went to park -- another 1/2 level up. The luggage went on to the ship and we went into the terminal. Super easy. 

When we returned, we got a porter at baggage claim and he brought the luggage right to the car in the garage.

IMHO, worth the @$22/day. And, unlike Port Canaveral, 7 days is 7 days -- not 8 like it is in the PC garage.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kontraxed said:

Have a great cruise!

Ugh... the dreaded double post ......

Edited by mac_tlc

Well I’m finally home from my VERY long day at work before a vacation, better yet before a cruise on the most magnificent ship in the world. My friends have landed in Miami so that thought of are they going to make it, is a bad snow storm going to delay them is finally out the window. They are already pre cruise drinking and nestled in their hotel. 

Now its time to pack, let’s see how well this works out. The drive to Miami will begin around 6:00am which will hopefully get me to the port around 10-1030.

Now onward to avoid this.

6363E636-EE87-4C78-97E0-E6C61470C66A_zps

• Haha 2

I can report that I am ALL packed, ready to get on Symphony tomorrow....now just the wait...one more sleep at home and car service p/up at 10am....should be onboard by 11:30am.   Our first stop in the Next Cruise desk....to book two more cruises.....then we are ready to vacation!

13 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

"Thanks for following along. Oh no, don't make Cozumel a sea day, do the Cozumel bar hop. That east side of the island is so beautiful. Its a super tour even for the non or light drinkers. "

We (I)' ve done the bar hop and we've used Tours Plaza several times to visit the East side. DW loved Playa Bonita when it was around. I think Rastas/BobMarleys/ParadiseCafe/etc. is one of the best places to hang out on Coz. but the stop is just "getting old" for us "ole" folks.  Kinda been there, done that, got more than enough tee shirts thing.

Condolences to Trainman's family. Certainly missed on these boards.

Completely understand that.

12 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I’ll Have a drink for you. Think you need a cruise before your cruise. 😀🚢

11 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Looking forward to you review as we are taking the Symphony and the same itinerary next month.  We are particularly interested  of your review of the BOGO at Hooked. Also interested to hear about the entertainment.

Thanks for posting the lovely tribute  to  Trainman.  I recall the tearful review of the trip he took following Carol's passing.   He is so lucky he found Judith and they had many happy years together.

Bon Voyage  I hope the wheels roll your way!

M

Thanks for following along. 

8 hours ago, Buffett fan said:

I do recall you mentioning bad news during your last review - I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin.  😞

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here for the ride.

Thanks for following along! 

6 hours ago, seabeew said:

I never registered for the meet and mingle. I tried twice, but it didn’t work out. So if you’re sailing on this cruise, say hi if you see us. We’re going to be noticeable as my husband and I are sailing with our 30-something daughter and her son. Most importantly he is our little grandson. He just turned 6 months old (and it seemed like a good idea at the time). 

I’ll post it here so you know when the M&M is. 

5 hours ago, kontraxed said:

Have a great cruise!

2 hours ago, LBumb said:

Following

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Excited for your review as we'll be on same ship and same itinerary in March.  Enjoy your cruise!

I've read some of Trainman's reviews.  Sorry for his passing. Touching you are helping keep his memory alive on here.

28 minutes ago, Hopetotravel said:

I'll be following your cruise. We're on Symphony on the 23rd and Mar 2nd. I hope you'll be able to say that the chat feature is working on the App. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks for following along! I’ll try and find out for you. 

19 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

I can report that I am ALL packed, ready to get on Symphony tomorrow....now just the wait...one more sleep at home and car service p/up at 10am....should be onboard by 11:30am.   Our first stop in the Next Cruise desk....to book two more cruises.....then we are ready to vacation!

Nice! You’re much further ahead than me! See you on the ship. 

On 2/7/2019 at 2:52 PM, Paulette3028 said:

Were there listed hours of operation for the waterslides or were they open all day long regardless of whether it was a sea day or a day in port?

Harmony has specific hours by day.

20181003_103043.jpg

23 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

"Thanks for following along. Oh no, don't make Cozumel a sea day, do the Cozumel bar hop. That east side of the island is so beautiful. Its a super tour even for the non or light drinkers. "

We (I)' ve done the bar hop and we've used Tours Plaza several times to visit the East side. DW loved Playa Bonita when it was around. I think Rastas/BobMarleys/ParadiseCafe/etc. is one of the best places to hang out on Coz. but the stop is just "getting old" for us "ole" folks.  Kinda been there, done that, got more than enough tee shirts thing.

Condolences to Trainman's family. Certainly missed on these boards.

Completely understand that.

22 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I’ll Have a drink for you. Think you need a cruise before your cruise. 😀🚢

22 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Looking forward to you review as we are taking the Symphony and the same itinerary next month.  We are particularly interested  of your review of the BOGO at Hooked. Also interested to hear about the entertainment.

Thanks for posting the lovely tribute  to  Trainman.  I recall the tearful review of the trip he took following Carol's passing.   He is so lucky he found Judith and they had many happy years together.

Bon Voyage  I hope the wheels roll your way!

M

Thanks for following along. 

18 hours ago, Buffett fan said:

I do recall you mentioning bad news during your last review - I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin.  😞

Thanks. 

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here for the ride.

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Harmony has specific hours by day.

When they list the hours for Days 2-7 as 9am to 7pm....that is all day.  On our November Mariner sailing, the waterslides had morning hours, then closed for the lunchtime hours to reopen at 2pm...so this is nicer --  if Symphony follows this pattern.

We sailed on Harmony, but I just don't remember how they did it.   Well, I will be on Symphony in a few hours to enjoy!

There’s our queen

D1EB7F9E-754F-4646-8BD3-EF62D167E3ED_zpsdjpct24j.jpg

Almost there

4711892E-992A-4CFF-BB42-F6CAD4E15151_zpswveh08ei.jpg

Slight knot

E2533D6B-3D4D-4A37-85F4-5544862E1F7E_zpssbd1pekd.jpg

It’s Saturday

F7753ACC-AA58-4AAC-ADE7-8C0A79FB4EA2_zpssbv0rdmr.jpg

Beautiful Miami

C8F06847-8342-469D-8F46-BEA21CE87849_zpstpm7rptt.jpg

Was a pretty uneventful drive, we had some slight rain and stop and go traffic once I hit Miami but not to bad.

Waiting for my friends to board and then it’s off to lunch. Check in was so seamless it didn’t quite feel real.

I’m ready for some food, I’m so hungry. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please excuse any typographical errors.

• Like 1