Transfer suggestions - Cape Liberty to EWR

ramja96

Looking for suggestions for the "best" way to get from the ship to Newark Airport. Our flight isn't until 6:15pm on Saturday, May 4 - so obviously, speed/time isn't a factor.  I'm looking for ease and cost. GO!

Not at all!  Took all of 5 minutes. There actually  were several rideshare cars waiting in the cell phone/shoulder area ( I noticed them when I arrived before the cruise, so I figured that some would be there after.)  There are marked pick up spots and the signs in the terminal say to go to 9 and 10.  That's where I went (basically outside of the terminal to the left IIRC.  I walked to the garage first with my porter and my friend and their luggage.  Then I walked over to the spot.

I had a description of the car and a pic of the driver as well as the plate #.  My Uber and Lyft apps have my photo so it's easier for them to find me.  It was pretty simple and less crazy than I imagined.  They may well have "surge" pricing since there will be a lot of people around...I think my ride was about $25 in hindsight but that was OK and I didn't have to wait for Royal's shuttle.

Edited by megr1125
  • Like 1

I agree with Uber (we did it also and it was only our 2nd time using Uber the first was from same cruise using Uber from EWR to our hotel). The only thing I have to add is...spending that much time at EWR for your late flight...Yikes....hated this airport.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 12:55 PM, ramja96 said:

Was it difficult getting a driver on the app with so many people coming off the ship, and then finding the car? I'm an Uber virgin. 😇

Absolutely not.  We were there this past August.  I used the Uber app and had a driver there within 5 minutes or so.  So easy and the cheapest alternative.

• Like 1