Flaming-Don't do it!

Joanandjoe

How could we have missed THAT one! :)

Cause you were too busy reappropriating a whole section of the the aft pool loungers so you could shoot clay pigeons, old cranky folks and young, rude, unattended children with your skeet shooter!!:eek:

Gee, all you guys and gals are acting as if Rev. Neal had gotten flamed for something to do with kids and bungee cords. Who would have done that? Although I'm a Jonathan Swift fan, I certainly never took seriously his suggestion, in "A Modest Proposal", that children be fattened for eating. Why would anyone think that the Rev. wanted to suspend kids from bubgee cords?

Lighten up, everyone!

Gee, all you guys and gals are acting as if Rev. Neal had gotten flamed for something to do with kids and bungee cords. Who would have done that? Although I'm a Jonathan Swift fan, I certainly never took seriously his suggestion, in "A Modest Proposal", that children be fattened for eating. Why would anyone think that the Rev. wanted to suspend kids from bubgee cords?

Lighten up, everyone!

Now ... now ... this IS all in light, good fun!

So would various bungee cord activities, but I'll leave that one alone. :D

LOL

That or running down the halls along with the wild, rabid packs of children, stealing breakfast-order cards off the cabin doors.

Now Revneal, you've gone to far - calling my children a rabid pack. It's their vacation and I paid good money for it and they are just being kids and having a good time! The cruiseline should provide more fun activities for them - like bungee jumping.;)

Now Revneal, you've gone to far - calling my children a rabid pack. It's their vacation and I paid good money for it and they are just being kids and having a good time! The cruiseline should provide more fun activities for them - like bungee jumping.;)

Ouch! (But if wouldn't surprise me if RCCL, the rock climbing cruise line, actually offered bungee jumping.)

Hurray! For once I got to read something before it was deleted!

(and I agreed with it, Heather. it was a valid point, well-said.)

Ruth, you are super quick! I deleted it so fast! It was very short and funny ... almost exclusively for Greg who would have "gotten it" as you did, but I figured better safe than sorry:o . This is the new and improved 2006 "me".:D

Yup, that's me, Heather---a fast woman! :rolleyes:

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe I did miss your post---I think I got it mixed up with another thread. I've been reading so many posts I don't know what I think anymore! :p

I need a cruise. :D

Ruth, you are super quick! I deleted it so fast! It was very short and funny ... almost exclusively for Greg who would have "gotten it" as you did, but I figured better safe than sorry:o . This is the new and improved 2006 "me".:D

Dang ... missed it. I enjoy witty posts. :)

Well, one thing's for sure on this board .. some of the 'snotty replies' here are pretty tame compared to what I find on ------ (you can fill in the blanks with anything you prefer, but I'm talking about a board that begins with 'C' and ends with 'Y' ...)

Man o man! .... Some of those people are downright NASTY over there.

I'm surprised Laura hasn't been issuing 'pink slips' to some of those folks! LOL

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe I did miss your post---I think I got it mixed up with another thread. .......................

Yes, Ruth, you do mean another thread. That posts remains, but the thread has pretty much (hopefully) had its demise. That was the cruise from "H***" thread:D .

Vic, I agree that C...........Y board can get pretty hairy. Sometimes it's fine and sometimes it is painful. That's why, despite my love for the line, I rarely post there. And you have to know if I'm afraid to tred there, it's gotta be pretty bad:o .

Vic that was my observation as well. I have not really said too much on the other boards, but noticed that some of them get down right nasty. I havent been around here that long but I can't really say that I have ever witnessed a "flaming" on the HAL boards. Some snotty and snide comments yes, but nothing compared to some of those others.

Marie, I agree with you 100%. I feel the same way and always come "home" to the HAL board ... a really nice bunch of people here with the occassional "visitor" who stirs things up a bit.

In fact, I honestly think this board played a part in my switching from a Celebrity Southern Caribbean cruise to one on the Volendam ... seems strange that this board could sway me one way or the other, but it did.

One good way to decide if there is flaming, i.e. just plain bad behavior towards another human being ,is to check out your own previous posts. Flaming in my opinion is discounting the viability of the posters comments, calling into question their motives and requesting them to stop posting.

What you may have thought at the time was a reasonable reply may look different when viewed with

"flaming " in mind.

I had a 65 comment or more flaming last Spring on this board. It got so bad that I contacted the board nannies about it. I was told several times by fellow posters that I should stop posting and that the subject was done. At no time did I use bad language or post anything out of line ( at least in my opinion ).

Since then I read often but post very rarely. Some of the people who were so adamant against my post still are here posting which is their right to do so.

I am just trying to point out that we must all look to our own behavior. It would be nice to be sure we never engaged in some uncharitable behavior but checking out your own comments in past posts can be

very revealing.

If as a group we do not allow the good and the bad of a cruise experience to be expressed, then we practice censorship.

Glass houses are not very much fun in which to live.

One good way to decide if there is flaming, i.e. just plain bad behavior towards another human being ,is to check out your own previous posts. Flaming in my opinion is discounting the viability of the posters comments, calling into question their motives and requesting them to stop posting.

What you may have thought at the time was a reasonable reply may look different when viewed with

"flaming " in mind.

I had a 65 comment or more flaming last Spring on this board. It got so bad that I contacted the board nannies about it. I was told several times by fellow posters that I should stop posting and that the subject was done. At no time did I use bad language or post anything out of line ( at least in my opinion ).

Since then I read often but post very rarely. Some of the people who were so adamant against my post still are here posting which is their right to do so.

I am just trying to point out that we must all look to our own behavior. It would be nice to be sure we never engaged in some uncharitable behavior but checking out your own comments in past posts can be

very revealing.

If as a group we do not allow the good and the bad of a cruise experience to be expressed, then we practice censorship.

Glass houses are not very much fun in which to live.

Heaven.

You really sparked my curiousity so I had to go back and find the post that I thought you were talking about. You are so right!!!! I don't think some people realize just how personal they get when responding to some of these posts.

I certainly do not mean to open up old wounds, but I saw absoulutely nothing wrong with your post. You were obviously expressing your own experience and for some reason, some people think it's their responsibility to determine whose experiences are valid or not/and or how you should feel about it.

Keep on posting.............

Life is too short to hold onto all this stuff and someone's opinion about a post should never stop anyone from posting. Certainly no one ever has a right to ask someone to stop posting. However, I think everyone has a right to question the viability of a post when it seems questionnable or over the top.

It isn't helpful for people coming on the boards to get accurate and good information. Opinion is one thing, but some state their opinions as fact or an all encompassing criticism and that just isn't fair.

To question a poster isn't to "flame" them. But very often the person takes it that way because they go on the defensive and then all H*** breaks loose.:)

Archived