Lobster at MDR

thunter1224

When we sailed Carnival (2018) they offered lobster tail on at least one of the formal nights, but it was smaller warm water lobster not cold water.  I don't remember if they had it on Princess (2017), since we had a full local lobster while on excursion in Saint John and it was more memorable 😉 

I suspect even back in the day the cruises were a business, just when it was new it wasn't as noticeable 😉 Even 20-30 years ago (from the description of others) they really weren't all-inclusive more than they are now - although today we maybe have more up-charge options.

Perhaps the premium and luxury lines have more of the options you were searching.  Carnival does still have a chocolate extravaganza on their last sea day in the dessert section of the buffet during lunch hours.

With the larger size of ships I'm sure it isn't practical for the prices that are charged to maintain the level you were used to when there were less passengers.

It can still be a pleasant way to travel/vacation if you let it be and try to find/focus on the positives.

I read posts of people saying things like 20 days until they sail.. And I get so jealous of them.. Then in 30 days later, I know their cruise is all over and then I feel better. That I still have my cruise coming up :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by thunter1224

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We were on Harmony OS in November 2019 and had lobster tail with a smaller langostino served on our last "elegant" night dinner in the main dining room. The waiter spooned butter over it before taking the shell off....and I think the langostino was the more flavorful. There was no extra charge.

Most Caribbean cruises over 5-6 days have a "lobster-tail" night.  Be forewarned, they are usually "rock" lobster tails, not Maine lobster tails.    In Europe, it's hit or miss....

Just don't expect "cold water" tails or whole lobsters.  

• 3 months later...