Cruise no longer listed and payment help

Hi everyone. I have booked my second Royal Caribbean cruise for next January. The cruise is no longer listed on the website. It is still on my dashboard. I wasn't too concerned, I thought maybe it's full. Someone that decided they wanted to go with us called and the planner couldn't even pull up the cruise at all, so I thought that was a little weird. I tried to make an online payment today and it will not let me do that. It is saying technical difficulties etc. I did call and was able to make a payment on the automated system, but I was just wondering if this is normal and all coincidence or if I have reason to worry and should I call? 

Thank you!

Online payment isnt working right now and hasnt for several days.   This almost sounds like the ship has been full chartered if it has disappeared this early on.

Edited by ryano
  • Like 1

It is definitely normal for technical difficulties with Royal's website. :P

With that being said, I would absolutely call and speak to a planner about your concerns to make sure nothing else is going on.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Newtocruising2017 said:

if I have reason to worry and should I call? 

Wait a few days to see if anything changes, post this in the roll call for that sailing (if there's one) and then call - but don't expect real answers just yet. If it's a charter, it may take a long time for RCI to acknowledge it.

• Like 1

A lot of cruise lines pull a cruise off their website when it is completely sold out. As long as you still see it on your log in page you are fine. I know for sure carnival does this, pretty sure royal does too.

• Like 1

Just now, gar90 said:

A lot of cruise lines pull a cruise off their website when it is completely sold out. 

Very unlikely a 1/6/20 sailing is sold out at this point. Not to worry the OP but it is a bit of a coincidence that the sailing disappears right about 330 days out when folks could possibly start booking flights.

3 minutes ago, gar90 said:

A lot of cruise lines pull a cruise off their website when it is completely sold out. As long as you still see it on your log in page you are fine. I know for sure carnival does this, pretty sure royal does too.

I am hoping that's what it is but now I am a little worried about this charter stuff. I was just reading on here about people that have lost their cruises to charters. 

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Very unlikely a 1/6/20 sailing is sold out at this point. Not to worry the OP but it is a bit of a coincidence that the sailing disappears right about 330 days out when folks could possibly start booking flights.

i thought it was a little unlikely it would be sold out at this point as well. i will wait a few days and see if anything changes. 

3 minutes ago, Newtocruising2017 said:

i thought it was a little unlikely it would be sold out at this point as well. 

Very, very unlikely - that's a low season sailing which probably wouldn't normally sell out till maybe a couple of weeks out. When sailings disappear like this, they just reappear after a couple of days when it's a simple "inventory adjustment" - after a week +, it's something else.

• Like 1

From my experience (although its been awhile), if it has been chartered, you will be contacted and offered some alternate cruise dates --usually within a 4-6 week window of your original cruise date.

It may or may not be the same itinerary, or may or may not be the same ship.  They will offer you a small amount of onboard credit for your "troubles". 

Hope it's disappeared due to a glitch, and not a charter.    

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2019 at 2:40 PM, Newtocruising2017 said:

i thought it was a little unlikely it would be sold out at this point as well. i will wait a few days and see if anything changes. 

I was booked on this cruise for Jan 6th on the Independence and just got an email today that it is chartered.  Now looking at our alternatives.

Funny, I called the Crown & Anchor and they said their was no change to the cruise and we were OKAY.  Hung up, called again and of course, the next one said your reservation doesn’t exist anymore so you’ll have to book like a new reservation, without price protection or on-board credit.  Let’s try one more time.  Called back and finally got someone who knew what was going on.   After 40 cruises, I had to laugh, but I would feel sorry for the first timer dealing with that. Oh well, bottom line we rebooked on the a Independence  for January 24th and the price for our balcony was $100 cheaper and more On-Board credit.  

On 3/21/2019 at 2:48 PM, mmadhatter said:

Funny, I called the Crown & Anchor and they said their was no change to the cruise and we were OKAY.  Hung up, called again and of course, the next one said your reservation doesn’t exist anymore so you’ll have to book like a new reservation, without price protection or on-board credit.  Let’s try one more time.  Called back and finally got someone who knew what was going on.   After 40 cruises, I had to laugh, but I would feel sorry for the first timer dealing with that. Oh well, bottom line we rebooked on the a Independence  for January 24th and the price for our balcony was $100 cheaper and more On-Board credit.  

Unfortunately, the proposed dates do not work for us so we are looking at booking another ship instead to keep the OBC being offered.  I am just glad we got more than enough time to rebook or rethink our plans.  

The only date that worked for us was January 2nd and it was full when I called. Then I did have to laugh. Our son is in college so we are limited on times and dates to go. After about an hour on the phone we settled for a cruise on the mariner of the seas, out of port Canaveral, 1 day shorter and to the Bahamas... none of which I was thrilled with but kids are looking forward to a cruise so felt I needed to book something. 

Sorry that ha

5 minutes ago, Newtocruising2017 said:

The only date that worked for us was January 2nd and it was full when I called. Then I did have to laugh. Our son is in college so we are limited on times and dates to go. After about an hour on the phone we settled for a cruise on the mariner of the seas, out of port Canaveral, 1 day shorter and to the Bahamas... none of which I was thrilled with but kids are looking forward to a cruise so felt I needed to book something. 

Sorry that happened to you but glad you were able to find something that fit with your family’s schedule. 

On 3/23/2019 at 11:35 AM, Newtocruising2017 said:

We changed for the Explorer of the Seas leaving Jan 5th out of Miami  (Nassau and Labadee).  It worked best for us.  It is odd that we got offered Jan 2 via email on Weds and by Sat, it was full 🤔.  It would have been pretty hard for get the same category at the same price if date had worked for us.

Reserving the new cruise was not made easy yesterday as part of my OBC came from a reward from MyVegas.  Once our cruise was reserved, I had to take care of moving my OBC.  2 calls later it was done.

The happy part is now waiting for our cruise 🙂