Delta seat assignment at check in - families?

mom2two2

7 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Indeed. The problem is that although TAs should know what they're selling you, frequently they don't.

i personally don't use a TA to book my flights. I can handle it well myself and check the fine print as much as possible.   You are right maybe some of them don't know what they are doing however if you have someone that doesn't travel alot and relies on a TA because she believes they should know what they are doing, i think it is unfair to blame the TS. It is the fault of the TA. I am sure the TS has learned her lesson and as she said she will deal with whatever happens. 

46 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

if you have someone that doesn't travel alot and relies on a TA because she believes they should know what they are doing, i think it is unfair to blame the TS. It is the fault of the TA. I am sure the TS has learned her lesson and as she said she will deal with whatever happens. 

Yep...let's pick a doctor without doing some research.  Ditto with dentists, lawyers, investment advisors.  Folks do hours of research on picking a plumber or contractor, but will grab the TA who gives them the biggest discount.  Or the first they find online.

So let's pose this question to the collective group - have you done due dilligence and research on the qualifications and experience of your travel agent??  Or do you just assume they know what they are talking about?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

You are right maybe some of them don't know what they are doing however if you have someone that doesn't travel alot and relies on a TA because she believes they should know what they are doing, i think it is unfair to blame the TS. It is the fault of the TA.

In this case, though, there is the added factor (it seems) that not only was the TA at fault for giving the OP the wrong information, but also that before the OP booked the ticket the airline's website told the OP that the TA was wrong.

This isn't really directed specifically at the OP, just my musing in general: 

I never quite understood why it's such a big deal to sit together on a flight. I'm traveling with family in April, and my Father asked me if we'd all be sitting together. I just laughed and said I didn't know, but if we can't handle sitting apart for a few hours, we have much larger issues. 😄

• Like 2