Solo cruiser

Dragonfly468

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean's Quantum class (Quantum, Ovation, Anthem) ships offer solo cabins (code 2W for interior studio).  I believe they even have some solo BALCONY cabins (looks like code 2F), but you need to book EARLY to get those.  I'm not seeing any on the Oasis class ships.

I've stayed in a studio interior cabin on Anthem, it was fine for a single cruiser.  I spent much of my time with the rest of the group I was with but even if I wasn't with others there was MORE than enough to occupy time outside the cabin.

Edited by hallux

6 hours ago, hallux said:

Royal Caribbean's Quantum class (Quantum, Ovation, Anthem) ships offer solo cabins (code 2W for interior studio).  I believe they even have some solo BALCONY cabins (looks like code 2F), but you need to book EARLY to get those.  I'm not seeing any on the Oasis class ships.

I've stayed in a studio interior cabin on Anthem, it was fine for a single cruiser.  I spent much of my time with the rest of the group I was with but even if I wasn't with others there was MORE than enough to occupy time outside the cabin.

I am booked solo cabin OV for the Harmony. I believe Oasis classes only have 15 solo cabins. 

On 2/10/2019 at 5:11 AM, travelnap said:

Some of the newer ships on RCI also offer single cabins as well.  HAL does have a few single cabins on some of their older ships, but not many of them.

Well, no.  The "older" ships (except for P'dam, who is retiring this year) have no solo cabins at all.  However, the new Pinnacle class ships -- Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam -- do have a few.  However, they are very small and in an undesirable location.  I'm a 4* Mariner and a solo cruiser and I would never book one of them.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:11 AM, travelnap said:

HAL does have a few single cabins on some of their older ships, but not many of them.

HAL's 2 newest ships, Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, have single cabins.

To the OP, sometimes you can get a better deal just booking a regular cabin if the supplement is below 100%

Roz

On 2/20/2019 at 10:30 AM, Roz said:

To the OP, sometimes you can get a better deal just booking a regular cabin if the supplement is below 100%

Or even if it is 100%........do the math and check to make sure you're getting the cheapest option for sailing solo.  Sometimes solo cabins aren't less expensive!

• Like 1

Shop wisely. The times I have seen those solo cabins available they were more than paying the single supp. When I booked my NCL cruise on Epic the studio cabin was $1500. Balcony was $899, solo.

Edited by SeaTheW0rld
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, Dragonfly468 said:

Other than NCL, does any other cruise line offer solo cabins?

I’m going on MSC Bellissima in october, staying in an interior singles cabin. Looks very small but cheaper than a normal cabin, so for me it’s a good deal as I dont spend much time in the cabin other than sleeping.