Singapore hotels at or near the Airport

dabear

Unfortunately, our connection from Singapore  arriving early afternoon requires us to stay overnight to catch our flight home at 6:50am the next morning. I did find a hotel in the airport that charges by 6 hour segments or there are a number of hotels about 2 miles from the airport. Any suggestions of which hotel location is recommended with our connections?

46 minutes ago, Wanderingsascent said:

We stayed at the Ramada by Wyndam which our taxi driver said is used by pilots. It was 25 mins from airport and taxi fare was about S$20.

25 minutes is a huge amount of time when your flight is at 6:50 am. 

2 hours ago, Wanderingsascent said:

There is a transit hotel within the terminal, just Google it.

I suspect that this is what the OP meant by this:-

16 hours ago, dabear said:

I did find a hotel in the airport that charges by 6 hour segments ...

I'm not sure that this is quite correct for any of the three transit hotels (one in each of T1, T2 and T3). It looks like there's a minimum booking of 6 hours, and then you can increase the time in 1-hour increments. The problem for the OP is that a ~16-hour stay would end up being pretty expensive.

58 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

I suspect that this is what the OP meant by this:-

I'm not sure that this is quite correct for any of the three transit hotels (one in each of T1, T2 and T3). It looks like there's a minimum booking of 6 hours, and then you can increase the time in 1-hour increments. The problem for the OP is that a ~16-hour stay would end up being pretty expensive.

That was my point. Staying around 14 hours in the airport hotels, while convenient, is costly. There are nice hotels about 2 miles from the airport for the same or better prices, but we would have to take a taxi around 4:30am, ASSUMING Taxis are then available. Anyone with experience with this issue?

3 hours ago, dabear said:

That was my point. Staying around 14 hours in the airport hotels, while convenient, is costly. There are nice hotels about 2 miles from the airport for the same or better prices, but we would have to take a taxi around 4:30am, ASSUMING Taxis are then available. Anyone with experience with this issue?

We went through Changi airport in Jan, what a fabulous airport it is. Whichever hotel you choose just ask the concierge to order a taxi and confirm the price.

On 2/9/2019 at 11:39 PM, ukbecky said:

The  Crowne Plaza is right in the airport. It is outside security, but in the terminal. Nice hotel, super-convenient with a good restaurant, we're staying there again next month. 

https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/singapore/sincp/hoteldetail

Are you sure? The website indicates it's 2 miles from the terminal, a 15 minute ride. 

30 minutes ago, dabear said:

Are you sure? The website indicates it's 2 miles from the terminal, a 15 minute ride. 

Positive - I stayed there in March. It's inside Terminal 3.

So weird since the website also shows the view of planes on the tarmac from one of the guest rooms, and the control tower beside the pool. 

4 hours ago, dabear said:

It depends which terminal your flight leaves from. If it is  Cathay Pacific it is indeed 15 to 20 minutes away after walking from hotel entrance thru terminal 2 to find the shuttle bus to that terminal. I just did it a few weeks ago.

Cathay lets you check in and drop luggage 24 hrs prior so I did that. At 4 a.m I wasnt dragging my suitcase on a lengthy walk and then up and down elevators and escalators and trying to figure out where I was going. I just had to go thru immigration and security, all very easy.  The Crowne Plaza is very nice and very convenient.

Thanks UKbecky and Scubadawg for the information. After further research we booked the Crown Plaza. We arrive in terminal 2 on Silk Air and depart from terminal 4 on Cathay Pacific. Hotel is attached to terminal 3. I guess we'll see a lot of the airport.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 8:47 PM, dabear said:

Thanks UKbecky and Scubadawg for the information. After further research we booked the Crown Plaza. We arrive in terminal 2 on Silk Air and depart from terminal 4 on Cathay Pacific. Hotel is attached to terminal 3. I guess we'll see a lot of the airport.

we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in February and found it amazingly convenient.  Staying at Club Level meant a bigger room, pool, inclusive delicious breakfast, afternoon tea and inclusive cocktails and canapes early evening.  Didn't spend any Singapore $$s so it turned out great value. 

I know you have already booked but this info might be useful for others.   We arrived on a flight from Melb mid afternoon.  Immediately went to the desk for free singapore tours however they were fully booked so we were unable to get onto a tour.  Our luggage had already been checked from Melb to our final destination Malta and we had had hand luggage only which we put into luggage storage at the airport.  We had prebooked our 6 hour slot at the transit hotel.  once we were rid of the hand luggage we took the train in to the city, walked around the gardens by the bay, marine areas and other local tourist areas,  Back to the hotel, check in, shower, bed and check out after 6 hours, followed by breakfast before boarding our next flight to Dubai then Malta.  

Easy to do, not expensive as hotels go to be right there ready for the next flight.  I believe our suitcases were actually held at singapore airport as for security reasons they needed to be on our plane but I didnt care as I didnt have to deal with it between Melb and Malta.   We flew Emirates but apparently if we had flown singapore we would have been able to pre book the singapore tours on line prior to travel.

On 2/28/2019 at 12:59 AM, dabear said:

scousersue"|: Thanks for the info and we will look into it. since we have a flight at 6:50am do you know if they serve breakfast around 4 -4:30AM?

Sorry Dabear no I don't but if you do stay at Club level Raymond the manager can perform miracles!  he would I am sure arrange some kind of room service and this should come within the room cost.  he really was keen to make sure our trip was hassle free.  

On 2/10/2019 at 4:39 AM, ukbecky said:

The  Crowne Plaza is right in the airport. It is outside security, but in the terminal. Nice hotel, super-convenient with a good restaurant, we're staying there again next month. 

https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/singapore/sincp/hoteldetail

11 hours ago, scousersue said:

Sorry Dabear no I don't but if you do stay at Club level Raymond the manager can perform miracles!  he would I am sure arrange some kind of room service and this should come within the room cost.  he really was keen to make sure our trip was hassle free.  

We’ve stayed a number of times at the Crowne Plaza Changi , it’s one of our favourite hotels, it is inside the airport. Raymond is a great host in the club lounge, extremely helpful.