Tapatalk - Limited threads for subscribed forums

I'm only seeing about 10 threads in a subscribed forum. Slightly more if there are stickies. Anyone else experiencing this problem? (Please don't answer with, "I use the mobile web version.")

I'm only seeing about 10 threads in a subscribed forum. Slightly more if there are stickies. Anyone else experiencing this problem? (Please don't answer with, "I use the mobile web version.")

Only 10? I see 20 threads per forum which is a bit better than what you report but it is still a problem. That issue has been reported. CC thinks it is a Tapatalk issue but I hate to repeat what I have posted several times. I use other forums on Tapatalk that use the same Invision message board forums and both the 20 thread issue and log on issues only occur on Cruise Critic with Tapatalk. So I don’t think the issue comes from Tapatalk or Invision.

I don’t think the hosting service is up to the task....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 9:37 PM, Charles4515 said:

Only 10? I see 20 threads per forum which is a bit better than what you report but it is still a problem. That issue has been reported. CC thinks it is a Tapatalk issue but I hate to repeat what I have posted several times. I use other forums on Tapatalk that use the same Invision message board forums and both the 20 thread issue and log on issues only occur on Cruise Critic with Tapatalk. So I don’t think the issue comes from Tapatalk or Invision.

I don’t think the hosting service is up to the task....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a Tapatalk user setting that affects the number of fetches? The fact that two users have different limits suggests it might be. I believe the app has both free and paid versions, perhaps the different thread counts is related to using different versions.

Will there ever come a day when you accept that CC has heavily customized the base software? Suggesting that because other sites do not have a particular interface issue is meaningless.

Is there a Tapatalk user setting that affects the number of fetches? The fact that two users have different limits suggests it might be. I believe the app has both free and paid versions, perhaps the different thread counts is related to using different versions.

Will there ever come a day when you accept that CC has heavily customized the base software? Suggesting that because other sites do not have a particular interface issue is meaningless.

There is no setting. And when I switch to another community on Tapatalk, the fetches are unlimited for the other community’s. It is only Cruise Critic that can’t fetch beyond 20 or so.

Something is wrong with Cruise Critic’s software or it’s hosting or both the software and hosting. That should be apparent to users whether they access Cruise Critic on their computer with a web browser or thru mobile apps. Other communities work fine whether on a computer using their web browser or mobile apps. Cruise Critic does not work right up on both. If Cruise Critic has customized the base software they screwed it up.

I don’t know why you insist on continually defending what people have to go thru to use the site whether on a computer or mobile device. The site is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

There is no setting. And when I switch to another community on Tapatalk, the fetches are unlimited for the other community’s. It is only Cruise Critic that can’t fetch beyond 20 or so.

Something is wrong with Cruise Critic’s software or it’s hosting or both the software and hosting. That should be apparent to users whether they access Cruise Critic on their computer with a web browser or thru mobile apps. Other communities work fine whether on a computer using their web browser or mobile apps. Cruise Critic does not work right up on both. If Cruise Critic has customized the base software they screwed it up.

I don’t know why you insist on continually defending what people have to go thru to use the site whether on a computer or mobile device. The site is broken.

I don't think I am defending CC. I just get annoyed at continual harping that is accomplishing nothing.

The presumption that there is fault and it should be placed entirely on CC is wrong headed. Unless you are a Tapatalk or CC developer you have absolutely no knowledge that could support such an claim. The fact that other websites do not share the problems is totally meaningless, even when those sites share a code base. CC obviously felt its business needs were not entirely satisfied with the base software, the fact that Tapatalk is not able to adjust to those needs is not necessarily the fault of CC. Besides, placing blame does not do anything to advance a solution.

I don't think I am defending CC. I just get annoyed at continual harping that is accomplishing nothing.

The presumption that there is fault and it should be placed entirely on CC is wrong headed.

On the contrary deducing that CC was at fault by comparing CC to other sites using the same code base was relevant as to who had to make a fix. And voila after CC made a fix, Tapatalk now stays logged in. Tapatalk didn’t make a change. The app is still on the same version. The threads issue still exists. Since other sites on Tapatalk using the same software don’t have that issue it would not be a surprise if that also could be an issue that requires a CC fix.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone ever figure out how to get Tapatalk to load more than the 20 most recent threads?
Traded emails with Tapatalk support. The response I got said they're working with the forum owner to resolve problems with the Tapatalk plug-in. That was about 2 weeks ago.

I can't even log in with Tapa talk so if you are getting anything you are doing well 

Are you on Apple or Android? In you're on Android, I posted some tips in the thread below. Post #61. On Apple, afraid I can't help. HTH

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2596038-tapatalk-forum/&share_tid=2596038&share_fid=24703&share_type=t