Barcelona hotel ... just to sleep

cafevita

We are 4 adults ,arriving at Barcelona airport at 10:30 at night ,prior to our cruise the next morning. Need a recommendation of where to stay that would be an easy commute to the port the next morning. Not interested in touring as we will have one day ( I know, I wish more) at the end of the cruise.  Just need clean, safe and comfortable accommodations with the opportunity to taste some local cuisine for breakfast.

Placa Catalunya is kind of the 'city center' and about a 20 minute cab ride from the airport.  And about a 10 minute ride to the dock.

Just use tripadvisor, booking.com or similar site to find a hotel in the Placa Catalunya area that meets your budget and any other requirements.  

We stayed at Hotel Lleo. Inexpensive but clean with a great breakfast. It is two blocks from Placa Catalunya so you can get up on your day of the cruise and walk La Rambla and/or walk in the old city and see the Cathedral. We checked out at 11:10 and after a €20 taxi ride to port, we were in line at 11:30 to check in. So staying at this hotel allows some limited sight seeing. Better than sitting in a hotel room until 11. The Cathedral by the way is well worth seeing. La Rambla is more of a people watching deal but the large market is worth seeing.

Really appreciate your responses! Thank You to all that took the time to answer. Taking all into consideration. Have never cruised in Europe and all the planning is a bit overwhelming. Las Ramblas is a very convenient area but I have read that it can be a bit noisy. Given the fact that we are arriving so late , we want a goods night sleep.  Having an area that is close is probably the winner!

Hotel Lleo was very quiet. By the way, we started our walking tour at 8 am and was back in time for the 11:10 checkout. So we had over 2 hours to take in the sights. Now if you want to go directly to your ship room, just leave the hotel later allowing more time to sightsee. You may even have enough time to take in La Sagrada Familia and not La Rambla.

Bear in mind that if 22.30 is touchdown at BCN, you need to allow time to collect baggage and clear immigration and customs. The tourist office (not me!)  recommends allowing 1 to 1 1/2 hours for that. So you wouldn't be ready to leave the airport until 23.30 at the earliest and you will be very tired. I would book the nearest possible hotel and collapse into bed!!

On 2/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, WallyNDiane said:

Hotel Lleo was very quiet. By the way, we started our walking tour at 8 am and was back in time for the 11:10 checkout. So we had over 2 hours to take in the sights. Now if you want to go directly to your ship room, just leave the hotel later allowing more time to sightsee. You may even have enough time to take in La Sagrada Familia and not La Rambla.

Thank You! Not sure if we will be up for any structured touring in the morning, due to our very late arrival. Being in an area that allows us to walk to breakfast and enjoy a leisurely stroll will probably be best. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:28 PM, sailing canary said:

Bear in mind that if 22.30 is touchdown at BCN, you need to allow time to collect baggage and clear immigration and customs. The tourist office (not me!)  recommends allowing 1 to 1 1/2 hours for that. So you wouldn't be ready to leave the airport until 23.30 at the earliest and you will be very tired. I would book the nearest possible hotel and collapse into bed!!

Thank You! We want to do and see as much as we can but realistically should probably just get a decent rest ( after our late arrival) and have breakfast when we are ready in the morning.  Just need to decide to be near the airport or port? We will be at the Hotel Barcelona Catedral post cruise for 1 day. 

On 2/10/2019 at 4:41 AM, jean87510 said:

Salles hotel cut ciutat del prat. Has a shuttle from airport. And we used them for transport to cruise ship. Very comfortable beds and a good included breakfast. Much cheaper than staying in town

On hotels.com this hotel is:

4 star rated

Fabulous 8.6 out of 10 on hotels.com by 1009 guests 

4 out of 5 on trip advisor by 1351 guests 

free airport shuttle for 2 km trip 

winner, winner, chicken dinner 😀

Edited by lamchops

7 minutes ago, lamchops said:

On hotels.com this hotel is:

4 star rated

Fabulous 8.6 out of 10 on hotels.com by 1009 guests 

4 out of 5 on trip advisor by 1351 guests 

free airport shuttle for 2 km trip 

winner, winner, chicken dinner 😀

Lol. Go through hotel website. It's cheaper. The wifi was good and free. The bed was so comfortable. No noise. We are staying there again in Nov. I slept so well that night, if I didn't set my alarm I would have missed my cruise. Showers were nice and the room was clean and modern.

Hotel Jazz is 300 euros (I believe before fees and taxes) the saturday night I'll need to go.

Just some datapoints, if a hotel offers an airport shuttle, find out if it's even free (I found one that claims to charge 100 EUR each way which seems very high), find out if its 24 hours  as you could experience flight delays and finally determine how to request a shuttle as if that requires calling the hotel, will the staff speak your language?