CBD Salve in CA

AlanF65

I am flying into Vancouver for an 11 nite Alaska cruise. I use hemp based (no THC) slave on my knees and scar tissue on my foot.

1) Is this product legal to bring into Canada?

2) When I board the ship in Vancouver will have any issues?

3) Has anybody drop shipped into Alaska for pickup at the post office or fedex location?

To be clear this is hemp based, not pot based and has 0.0% THC

Thanks

Alan

1) No - there is NO cannabinoid-derived product that is legal to bring across the Canadian border; we're still working on our licensing model so right now ONLY smokable product of any type is useable without a local prescription; edibles and CBD rather than THC containing products are still being worked on legislatively so they all remain 100% prescription-only.

2) Yes - you're under US FEDERAL jurisdiction which means even medicinal cannabinoids are illegal; you will risk arrest and significant criminal charges. I believe there are some SPECIFIC Hemp products that are virtually all CBD/effectively no THC which have been granted exemptions in the US, but even those could not legally be brought in from Canada.

3) Can't help you there, but since US Postal Service is also federally-governed I'd err on the side of 'do not mail drugs of any kind across state lines' myself!!!

4) Suggestion - find a local supplier of the product in your first AK port, and hit up Canadian discussion websites on medicinal cannabinoid use to see if there is a comparable product that could be legally-acquired here for your pre-cruise stay if it's lengthy. It is possible to get a prescription here even if you're not a local - usually the weed stores make use of a quick telephone interview with a Naturopath, who hold full dispensary/prescription rights just like MDs up here - but you will have to pay, and I have no idea what the going rate is.

2 hours ago, martincath said:

1) No - there is NO cannabinoid-derived product that is legal to bring across the Canadian border; we're still working on our licensing model so right now ONLY smokable product of any type is useable without a local prescription; edibles and CBD rather than THC containing products are still being worked on legislatively so they all remain 100% prescription-only.

2) Yes - you're under US FEDERAL jurisdiction which means even medicinal cannabinoids are illegal; you will risk arrest and significant criminal charges. I believe there are some SPECIFIC Hemp products that are virtually all CBD/effectively no THC which have been granted exemptions in the US, but even those could not legally be brought in from Canada.

3) Can't help you there, but since US Postal Service is also federally-governed I'd err on the side of 'do not mail drugs of any kind across state lines' myself!!!

4) Suggestion - find a local supplier of the product in your first AK port, and hit up Canadian discussion websites on medicinal cannabinoid use to see if there is a comparable product that could be legally-acquired here for your pre-cruise stay if it's lengthy. It is possible to get a prescription here even if you're not a local - usually the weed stores make use of a quick telephone interview with a Naturopath, who hold full dispensary/prescription rights just like MDs up here - but you will have to pay, and I have no idea what the going rate is.

My CBD salve comes through the mail now with a chemical content label inside. I haven't found the product without THC in Alaska.

I can find the stuff with THC for sale in Alaska.

I found the non thc in Canada for sale but didn't want to try and bring it on the boat.

The company I buy from  will ship to a pick up at a post office. Amazon will ship to pickup at amazon pickup point. I was just trying to avoid the shenanigans and trip out of the "tourist" area.

I won't carry it across the border, I will either do without or see if I can find it in a store in Alaska. Lots of health food stores carry it in California but its about 4x the cost of buying direct.

A-

21 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

My CBD salve comes through the mail now with a chemical content label inside. I haven't found the product without THC in Alaska.

I can find the stuff with THC for sale in Alaska.

I found the non thc in Canada for sale but didn't want to try and bring it on the boat.

The company I buy from  will ship to a pick up at a post office. Amazon will ship to pickup at amazon pickup point. I was just trying to avoid the shenanigans and trip out of the "tourist" area.

I won't carry it across the border, I will either do without or see if I can find it in a store in Alaska. Lots of health food stores carry it in California but its about 4x the cost of buying direct.

A-

It's good that it can be sent by mail - you'll find that Alaskan ports are very small except Juneau, so finding the nearest USPS office to the pier will not be much hassle at all in e.g. Ketchikan/Skagway, and Amazon pickups as a possibility too will only make it even more likely you can get it delivered somewhere close to the pier.

I must have totally misread some of the press releases re: our ongoing legalization of cannabinoids if you can find it for sale here without a prescription needed, so sorry for misleading you on that front.