How to surprise kids...

GalwayGirl03

So we just booked the 9 Navigator on Royal over Easter this year..this will be the kid's 4th Royal cruise and they are addicted as much as we are.  They have seen the videos of the new refurbishment and are dying to go on it.  We want to wait until the day we are leaving but want to come up with a great way to tell them/surprise them.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!! thanks:)

You don´t say how old your Kids are...

For our last cruise, which was dd´s 5th cruise, we did not tell her where we were going until abount one hour before boarding.

Just got her out of bed in her p.j., put her in the car for "an excursion" and off we went.

At our breakfast stop we gave her a coloring book with the Kids motives from the cruise and told her, where we were going. I believe she could be heard several towns away :)

Sorry! We have three kids 9 year old girl, 7 year old boy and 2 year old boy...so concerned in surprising the older ones! What book did you use?? We did buy the snorkeling masks my kids used with their cruise friends when we were in st Kitts in December so I was going to maybe put them in gift bags and pick them up from school early and just tell them to

open them up when we are in the car but wanted to see if there any other cooler suggestions!!! My kids will freak bc they have been asking every day since the saw the videos to go navigator..I think I have enabled cruise addicts!!!

9 hours ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

So we just booked the 9 Navigator on Royal over Easter this year..this will be the kid's 4th Royal cruise and they are addicted as much as we are.  They have seen the videos of the new refurbishment and are dying to go on it.  We want to wait until the day we are leaving but want to come up with a great way to tell them/surprise them.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!! thanks:)

I recommend watching videos like this: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=suprising+kids+with+cruise

We surprised our kids (7 and 9) with a Disney Trip last year. 

The day before we left a box appeared in the house with a note that said, "Open me tomorrow".

There was a lot of speculation that evening on what was in the box,  but no one guessed a trip.  We had to be up early the next day to catch our flight,  so I woke the kids up about 5:00am and told them I couldn't wait...open the box.

The box had a Disney balloon in it with a note that said,  "Get dressed, we are going to Disney World"

We like to give our March trips as Christmas gifts.

When we went to Disney, we wrapped a huge tv box and put helium balloons with Disney Characters on them and attached cards to each one that had the words to say We are going to Disney.  We also had Disney books and a countdown chain I had made with each link listing one thing about the trip.

This year we are doing our first cruise our kids are older now, we wrapped a box that held two smaller wrapped boxes, the first one said Open First it was a puzzle we had made with a picture of our cruise ship and the map of our port stops, the other box had the countdown chain with each link a piece of info about our cruise (we like our countdown chains to build anticipation)  

We did a similar thing to others for Disney for my nieces. Rang the doorbell in the middle of the night with a box that said open immediately in Disney font and a note from “Mickey.” Inside was balloons, ears and t-shirts. Could definitely be adapted to a cruise. My parents and I are taking them on a cruise in 2 weeks so I found fake customizable boarding passes for a cruise on Etsy and my mom put them in gift boxes with gift cards to get mani/pedis before we go. They got them on Christmas along with a beach bag, sun hats, waterproof phone cases etc. 

27 minutes ago, Jemcdonough85 said:

We did a similar thing to others for Disney for my nieces. Rang the doorbell in the middle of the night with a box that said open immediately in Disney font and a note from “Mickey.” Inside was balloons, ears and t-shirts. Could definitely be adapted to a cruise. My parents and I are taking them on a cruise in 2 weeks so I found fake customizable boarding passes for a cruise on Etsy and my mom put them in gift boxes with gift cards to get mani/pedis before we go. They got them on Christmas along with a beach bag, sun hats, waterproof phone cases etc. 

Could you link me the Etsy dealer thanks!!

7 minutes ago, angie7911922 said:

We did a scavenger hunt with our kids once. They got to find a new item each day, and the day that we were going, they got the last piece that put it all together. We started about a week before we left. 

that is really cute! Could you give me ideas of what you did for the hunt? I am so not creative! thanks:)

Sure. For the first day we left a note at the breakfast nook with a hiding place within the house - something to the effect of, in the place you keep your sandbox toys, you will find something unusual. We put a swimsuit in the sandbox. Then a note that said, tomorrow you may find something in ____ place, etc, etc. We used a swimsuit, binoculars, captain hook (it was a disney cruise), a notebook (we always write down what we do on vacation), a picture of Grandma and Grandpa (they came with us on that one), their favorite movie (for the road trip to the airport), and then the last day, we left the book that disney sends with all the information. 

They started to piece it together during the week, but they weren't really sure until they saw that. 

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!