Your First Princess Cruise

MsSoCalCruiser

so long ago, think it was the sky princess, not sure... about l987... we have cruised 9 different lines over the years, on Princess more than any,  now on our 26 Princess cruise in March.  In past 10 years, we have cruised Princess, Celebrity, HAL, Cunard and NCL... Princess is still our first choice.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Nice!  How many people did she hold? 

PAX 738

Crew 328

Originally ordered by NCL in 1970 as Seaward.

Order was canceled by NCL and P&O picked up the ship as Spirit of London in 1972.

P&O 1972-1974-Spirit of London

Princess 1972-1988-Sea Princess

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

My first Princess cruise, on the Sapphire,  was really my 10th Cruise. Now I’m mainly a 👑Princess👑

I've never sailed on her or the Diamond, for that matter.  I still jump around to different cruise lines.  Celebrity is my favorite but I do sail more on Princess because of their itineraries on the west coast, namely, San Francisco.  It's such a dream to leave my house by 10 AM and be onboard by 11 AM.  Of note, that sailing on the Sky was also out of San Francisco.  The no flying thing is a huge plus!  

• Like 1

My very first cruise ever was the christening of the Sapphire Princess in Seattle June 10 2004.  We were invited because of my husband's job.  After the ceremony the Sapphire headed up towards Canadian waters.  It was a one night inaugural cruise filled with honored guests and travel agents.  I remember being torn between wanting to stay up all night and enjoying the activities, and going to bed in the junior suite that we were assigned.  I have been on a handful of cruises since then, but you never forget your first!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I've never sailed on her or the Diamond, for that matter.  I still jump around to different cruise lines.  Celebrity is my favorite but I do sail more on Princess because of their itineraries on the west coast, namely, San Francisco.  It's such a dream to leave my house by 10 AM and be onboard by 11 AM.  Of note, that sailing on the Sky was also out of San Francisco.  The no flying thing is a huge plus!  

Yes, the no flying thing is awesome!

I have been on two celebrity cruises but we had huge issues both times. We were on older ships but still…