Air mattress

Jennifire7

Are air mattresses allowed?

We have a VA Balcony room that is a quad for my husband and twin sons (6).  The couch bed is apparently a twin and there is a pullman bed above the bed.  I don’t think the kids would sleep on the pullman and the couch is too small for both of them.  

Is the room room large enough for us to put another twin air mattress next to the couch? Are air mattresses allowed? 

Any other recommendations? 

9 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

In the S and R classes, the couch is a full-size sofa which open into, I think, a Queen.  I was not aware that the other ships have bunk-bed style pull downs in their balcony cabins.

S&R classes do not have VA cabins.  Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle classes all have pull-down beds in the quad verandahs.

34 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

What ship are you on?  It makes a difference.  In the S and R classes, the couch is a full-size sofa which open into, I think, a Queen.  I was not aware that the other ships have bunk-bed style pull downs in their balcony cabins.

Nieuw Statendam 

On 2/10/2019 at 11:42 AM, catl331 said:

S&R classes do not have VA cabins.  Vista, Signature, and Pinnacle classes all have pull-down beds in the quad verandahs.

You are absolutely right.  Shows you how far back we go with HAL.  I distinctly remember (and still have the blue portfolio), showing our verandah cabin on the Statendam as a "VA."  That was that wonderful "Historic WWII cruise  in 2008, if anyone remembers that - a great cruise

If it’s not a problem with you and your spouse one of you could sleep in the top bunk, have a child on the pullout and a child/adult in the main bed. Although, I do wonder why a child wouldn’t sleep I’m in the pull down bunk. Usually kids fight over who gets to sleep there