Drinks package Princess Cays

Cruisingawayfromthesnow!

Hmmm..... unless something changed, I’m pretty sure the drink packages do not work on Princess Cays. I haven’t sailed Princess in some years, (about to sail Regal) but that’s the way it was. You have to buy what you want to drink on the island, unless there is an exception with the cabana rental. They also have iced tea, maybe fruit punch or lemonade with the picnic lunch. Tips are included when you buy anything from the bar. I wouldn’t begin to say whether your camera is safe. Although I do like to buy from the locals (cash) I rarely buy anything in the shops. 

• 2 weeks later...

Unless it has changed, Cheers does not work off the ship.  It should be listed as an exclusion on the website.

I read Princess beverage packages might work at PC, but Cheers does not - I think because of the 15 limit.

We enjoyed PC, but just took water bottles with us and weren't off the ship that long for it to be an issue.  If you have your mimosa, spiked coffee, Bloody Mary, etc with breakfast then come back to the ship by 2 you won't have missed much drinking.  They do have lemonade and iced tea at the picnic pavillion.  You can also treat it as any other beach stop and splurge on a drink at the bar - at least you didn't have any transportation expense like a regular port 😉 

• 5 weeks later...

From the Princess Premiere Beverage Package terms and conditions: 

• The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

I did not see similar language in the other Princess drink packages. I’m also wondering if the different lines within Carnival Corp. have differing policies.  

• 2 months later...

Cheers does not apply to drinks on Princess Cays.

" CHEERS! is not offered on 2 day cruises, charter cruises, on ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Legend, Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor) and beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays in The Bahamas. " (From goccl).

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who doesn't have the drink package, take some cash on Princess Cays, go behind the fence to the true local market. Ask for the stand that sells beer and mixed drinks. You can get beer, mixed drinks, cigarettes at great prices.  Last December I got 3 beers and a sprite and it was like $8 so the Kalik or Sands Bahamian beers are like $3 each. He will also make mixed drinks for you.  I bring a baggie from home, get ice from my ship ice bucket, put the beers in there and go back for refills if I run out.  They tell you no need to bring cash off the ship, but beer, cigarettes and souvenirs much cheaper behind the fence. No worries getting back into the "Princess/Carnival" approved area, they just look at your cruise card. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that is great news, hate to be in the Bahamas and not get a Kalik or Sands, this is the first I heard about this shop so will make it a stop for sure, should I go to the right off the tender to get there? Thanks for this info so much.