What to do after disembarking before 4pm flight home

oceaniacruiserri

Is there a quiet place to enjoy that won't be too hectic? We will have manageable luggage. A place we can perhaps park with it and take turns walking around..?? I can't find much on day passes and we won't have that much time anyway since we will need to head to tha airport around 2. Also not sure we would want to leave our luggage somewhere unless it is convenient really secure.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I believe there is  a baggage  storage place  at Bayside mall  or someplace  at South Beach  that has been discussed before

Maybe look at the  Florida forum  ..it is  a common question

Oceania do offer some tours  like Big Bus HOHO  where your luggage is s stored  & they do drop you at the airport  after

This  is  from a couple of years ago but probably still offered

image.thumb.png.a9f6c4f56800cd9d4e0e60a0c11869c0.png

We know nothing about you. I have status with all the Marriott chain. I’d take a taxi down to South Beach, give my luggage to the hotel concierges, walk the beach viewing the sights, and have a delightful lunch with a local flare along with an adult beverage at one of the many street side restaurants. Then catch a cab to the airport . Life is good!

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

We know nothing about you. I have status with all the Marriott chain. I’d take a taxi down to South Beach, give my luggage to the hotel concierges, walk the beach viewing the sights, and have a delightful lunch with a local flare along with an adult beverage at one of the many street side restaurants. Then catch a cab to the airport . Life is good!

Greetings, oceaniacruiserri, from a resident of South Beach. Pinotlover is on to something. We are also Marriott people. If you are not, there is a possible luggage solution.  Check out Luggage Lounge. 235 9th St. Miami beach 33139. (786) 930-4610. This location is excellent because whichever direction you take, you will find eateries. There  are free blue trolleys that go from 20th street down to South Point Park and back. Very handy. Beware! Service on the Beach is can be slow, especially in busy restaurants. Enjoy South Beach.

Mary

I highly recommend the HOHO bus, which has a shuttle bus picking  up at the terminal.  We booked through Oceania as we had lots of OBC.  The price was reasonable, even when booked through O. 

The shuttle bus takes you to bayside marketplace where you board the HOHO.  We rode both circuits, one to South Beach and one city tour loop.  Didn’t get off, just rode around.  Your luggage is stored in a truck at Bayside. 

Shuttle bus transport  to the airport are included,  starting at 1pm.  I think there is a bus that leaves a little bit later.  Or take an Uber to the airport at whatever time you want.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sammiedawg said:

I highly recommend the HOHO bus, which has a shuttle bus picking  up at the terminal.  We booked through Oceania as we had lots of OBC.  The price was reasonable, even when booked through O. 

The shuttle bus takes you to bayside marketplace where you board the HOHO.  We rode both circuits, one to South Beach and one city tour loop.  Didn’t get off, just rode around.  Your luggage is stored in a truck at Bayside. 

Shuttle bus transport  to the airport are included,  starting at 1pm.  I think there is a bus that leaves a little bit later.  Or take an Uber to the airport at whatever time you want.  

We did this also. A great way to kill time before a late afternoon flight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oceaniacruiserri said:

This is great info!! Thanks all!!!

It would be unusual to be off the ship and through Customs much before 10 AM; assuming a domestic flight, they will want you AT the Airport by 2 PM at the latest.

When transportation to the Airport is figured in, we're probably talking about a window of 3 hours (ish).  Even one circuit on the HOHO is going to be pushing it. 

I'd do lunch at someplace fabulous, personally.  😊  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, StanandJim said:

It would be unusual to be off the ship and through Customs much before 10 AM;

not unusual at  all

We are usually in the last group  or near the end   & we are always off & in  a taxi  before 9:30 am

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

not unusual at  all

We are usually in the last group  or near the end   & we are always off & in  a taxi  before 9:30 am

I'm often still at breakfast then (we usually have tiny carry off bags with us).  To each his own    

Great suggestions!!

We will look into the Marriott option, however we are not members so that may not be workable. Is there a great relaxing restaurant where we can enjoy a long lunch within walking distance to the Luggage Lounge, perhaps with a view or great people watching that anyone can recommend? 

O doesn't offer the HOHO option on this cruise unfortunately.

Thanks, all!!

42 minutes ago, oceaniacruiserri said:

O doesn't offer the HOHO option on this cruise unfortunately.

Thanks, all!!

the  HOHO  option will be on the  form  near the end of the cruise  where you put in the time for disembarkation 

see my post #4  above

What Lyn said, the tour is not mentioned online or in the shore excursion PDF you get pre cruise. 

As she said it's on the form where you tell them what time your flight is and what time you want to disembark. 

On 2/11/2019 at 4:32 PM, LHT28 said:

not  everyone get the special treatment you get 😉

Not a big deal.  We can sit and they do not push us out as we are in no hurry since we have a car picking us up for the one hour drive home. 

The cruise port HOHO shuttle buses are big business for the company running things. Oceania passengers will merge at Bayside with people who just disembarked other cruise lines.  Your ticket allows unlimited HOHO riding and is a great opportunity to kill time.  

5 minutes ago, oceaniacruiserri said:

HOHO sounds great! If I have time I will check into day passes. I had no luck finding hotels that offer them by their checking websites. I suppose it takes a phone call or email directly to the hotel.

google  "day rooms in Miami"

be sure  to check the times for the usage