What would you like to see in the Boutiques that they do not carry currently?

Travelcat2

As I do final packing for our cruise that leaves a week from today, it occurs to me that there are things that I wish were sold in Regent Boutiques.  Depending upon the itinerary, you may not be able to pick up some simple things that you may have forgotten to pack.  I'll start the list with one item - will add more as I think of it - and maybe Regent will be reading.

Reading glasses. 

Edited by Travelcat2

OMG...dont get me started on shopping in general in ALL luxury ships.  For a man in particular, its nearly non existent.  They stick a few Polo shirts in a corner and maybe a pair of shorts and thats it.  The women’s section is huge...and then there’s the huge jewelry stores, watch stores etc...I hardly ever seen anyone in any of the jewelry places.  They take up so much real estate, it drives me crazy.  On my Regent cruise last month, I was thrilled that there was actually a Regent Tshirt  and some candy and actual toiletries in case you forgot or ran out.  Silversea doesnt even provide these things... Seabourn was terrible too.  Do folks really wait to get on the ship to buy expensive jewels and watches? Seems to me that anyone into high end watches and jewelry, probably has a jeweler at home where you have a relationship and know you are probably getting a fair price?? My mom , for example, has no interest in shopping in those fancy stores on the ship, she “assumes” they are marked up by a ridiculous amount.  Expensive items like that, she would prefer to shop locally here at home.  

So am I totally off base thinking that way too much real estate is allocated to all these stores ? Maybe I’m completely alone in my opinion lol

I love artisan jewelry from places we visit.  Not the uber expensive,  high end stuff but one of a kind creations with some sort of story line.  I bought a Roman glass necklace on our first cruise that I still wear.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RachelG said:

Reading glasses.  A couple of cruises ago, I broke my reading glasses the first day.  They had none.  I had to wait for two ports before I could find some, and that was with difficulty.  Now I travel with two pair.

On Mariner last month one of the waiters (John) in Compass Rose heard me asking my husband if I could borrow his glasses. Well, in less than a minute he appeared with a selection of “readers” arranged by magnification in a very nice wooden box. It would be nice if the boutiques stocked some, but in a pinch the ship might have a pair to borrow. Love that intuitive Regent service!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, briar14 said:

On Mariner last month one of the waiters (John) in Compass Rose heard me asking my husband if I could borrow his glasses. Well, in less than a minute he appeared with a selection of “readers” arranged by magnification in a very nice wooden box. It would be nice if the boutiques stocked some, but in a pinch the ship might have a pair to borrow. Love that intuitive Regent service!

I actually did use the spare pairs in Compass Rose on that trip, but I wanted some to use other times. 

On 2/10/2019 at 4:01 PM, Travelcat2 said:

As I do final packing for our cruise that leaves a week from today, it occurs to me that there are things that I wish were sold in Regent Boutiques.  Depending upon the itinerary, you may not be able to pick up some simple things that you may have forgotten to pack.  I'll start the list with one item - will add more as I think of it - and maybe Regent will be reading.

Reading glasses. 

I’m surprised this thread hasnt generated more interests...I was hoping to see what other think about shopping on board...

I agree that there is too much real estate dedicated to the high-end jewelry - I rarely see many people in those shops, but they must generate revenue or they wouldn't be there.

Personally, I'd like to see a larger selection of logo menswear.  I actually wanted to buy one of the navy blue Regent jackets (Cutter & Buck, I think?) but they had sold out by like day 4.  I've bought some ship-specific polo shirts before but I haven't lately because there isn't really a decent selection.  Seems like an especially egregious oversight especially sailing out of Miami...

Other than that, I don't really shop much on board unless I have some leftover OBC to burn...but I'll usually use that for premium wine or cognac tastings.

• Like 1

Never been on Regent, but I have seen enough overly large jewelry stores on ships.

What I liked in the past: a large elegant Italian wool scarf on an air conditioned ship on a hot weather cruise where ladies may not have packed anything warm enough. On a different ship travelling along the coast of the United Arab Emirates: pretty long sleeved, thin cotton cardigans and scarves large enough to cover hair for a Mosque visit. Also slip on ballet type shoes. 

On 2/10/2019 at 11:22 AM, Tarwood3 said:

On my Regent cruise last month, I was thrilled that there was actually a Regent Tshirt  and some candy and actual toiletries in case you forgot or ran out.  Silversea doesnt even provide these things.

On Silversea's Silver Spirit this past December there was a card in our suite that listed many kinds of toiletries (small sizes) available to order by way of your butler.  We gave him our order and it was delivered the same afternoon.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts