Yacht Club benefits on Ocean Cay...

Nashna

"Suite guests will be treated to their own exclusive part of the island, the Ocean Cay Yacht Club. An outfit of the Aurea Spa also will be on hand to offer massages and treatments in sea-view cabanas."

"As a highlight for our MSC Yacht Club guests, the island will feature an exclusive MSC Yacht Club area so that guests will continue to receive VIP butler service in their own private area of the beach, with exclusive spa and wellness sanctuary and private bungalows and massage huts".

"Are there any additional details you can provide about the private bungalows? Will they be open-air or air-conditioned, for example?"
“The bungalows will be Bahamian style huts that will serve as the Spa area, located in the Yacht Club part of the island.”

Does Ocean Cay even exist?  Seems to me that MSC has promised much over the past 2 years but has yet to deliver anything.  Where am I wrong?  We have a cruise booked for next Nov-Dec that is supposed to go to Ocean Cay...but color me skeptical.

Hank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nymich said:

I wonder if they are firm on the 11-9 opening...……..

Obviously it'll depend on whether it's completed by them;  however, they may consider partial opening if it's only cosmetic work to be finished, or areas that can be kept off limits and if it doesn't create a hazard.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic as we're scheduled to be the first to visit (and will also be in YC, so looking forward to seeing what the YC area will be like).  However, as I said before on the subject, I won't be devastated if it's not ready  - just disappointed.

Bea

Edited by Beamafar

• 5 months later...

I went ot book excursions on my upcoming cruise in January.  I saw offering for two types of Yacht Club 

cabanas, one being ocean view and one being Ocean front.    When I saw the price  I jumped to the conclusion that it was per cabana.

Each said  capacity of 6 people, but included snorkling equipment and floats for 4.    

Ocean view was $399 while Ocean Front was $449.   But then I saw the small print that said per person !!!!!

Can this be true?

No, it is the per cabana price. The computer system just adds "per person" basically to everything. Surprised you are seeing them online. They were supposed to have been pulled and only booked through the Concierge onboard as their computer system (in this part anyway) isn't smart enough to figure out who is in the YC and who isn't. So YC Cabanas could be reserved by non-YC people. It will get straightened out eventually. So yes, those prices you listed are correct for the cabana which holds up to six people.

Bret

15 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

No, it is the per cabana price. The computer system just adds "per person" basically to everything. Surprised you are seeing them online. They were supposed to have been pulled and only booked through the Concierge onboard as their computer system (in this part anyway) isn't smart enough to figure out who is in the YC and who isn't. So YC Cabanas could be reserved by non-YC people. It will get straightened out eventually. So yes, those prices you listed are correct for the cabana which holds up to six people.

Bret

Hi.

I am sailing YC on Seaside in February.  Sorry, busy day so not sure I'm reading correctly.  Are you saying I can go in an purchase a YC Cabana right now (because I will LOL) or do I have to wait until I get onboard (or call now).

Thanks so much!

We'll be sailing in April.  Will the YC cabanas be a part of a YC beach area?  If you don't get a cabana, will there still be loungers available for YC guests?  (I'm thinking similar to Barefoot Beach in Labadee.) 

I'm really excited about Ocean Cay.  Always fun to have something new on our itinerary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, js said:

Are you saying I can go in an purchase a YC Cabana right now (because I will LOL) or do I have to wait until I get onboard (or call now).

🤫  Well, if it's showing as an option to book for your sailing and it let's you book it, who's to stop you. 🤭 But they are only supposed to be available to book once onboard.

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

Will the YC cabanas be a part of a YC beach area?  If you don't get a cabana, will there still be loungers available for YC guests?

Yes, the YC folks will have the Ocean House Beach (facing East on North Island) to themselves. There are only six cabanas at that time currently designated as Beachfront Yacht Club Cabanas. As far as I know, loungers and umbrellas will be available as well.

This would be a good time to add my usual caveat, that MSC stands for Most Surely Changes. 😀

Bret

1 minute ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

🤫  Well, if it's showing as an option to book for your sailing and it let's you book it, who's to stop you. 🤭 But they are only supposed to be available to book once onboard.

Yes, the YC folks will have the Ocean House Beach (facing East on North Island) to themselves. There are only six cabanas at that time currently designated as Beachfront Yacht Club Cabanas. As far as I know, loungers and umbrellas will be available as well.

This would be a good time to add my usual caveat, that MSC stands for Most Surely Changes. 😀

Bret

Thank you.  I'll take a look now.

I currently have two umbrellas and two mats rented in case the cabanas weren't ready for February.  This will be my third time on Seaside in YC with promises of getting to Ocean Cay, hoping we get there this time LOL and will be thrilled if I can get a cabana.

Thanks.

What I see is Ocean Cay Beach Cabana but it does not say YC. Am I correct in thinking that this is a different cabana. Will the YC cabanas be labeled as YC Cabanas? If I have to wait to try to book one of the six once I get onboard, it will make for a stressful embarkation  since I will want to make sure I reserve right away but I guess it is what it is but hoping it will open online.

3 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Yes, the Yacht Club Cabanas specifically say Yacht Club. Beachfront Yacht Club Cabanas and Ocean View Yacht Club Cabanas. The non-YC are just Ocean Cay (or Deluxe) Beach Cabanas.

Bret

Thanks again.

Hello, all!  As of last week, there is now an alcohol package available ($30usd) but Yacht Club members get this benefit for no additional cost, thank Gawd!!!  Not too sure about the food but I can only assume that it will also be included.  I believe on Royals Private Island it is included and maybe Carnival's and Princess' too.  MSC is pushing hard for a November opening since they lost Cuba because of Trump!  We're arriving in March 2020 so I hope any kinks are ironed out by then...I also hope that everything goes great for everyone!!

• Like 1

I'm anxiously awaiting real photos and video from cruisers once Ocean Cay is up and running.

If there are ample nice padded lounge chairs available on the YC beach for us, that would be fine for my husband and I.  We've done cabanas several times on Barefoot Beach in Labadee and really enjoyed them, but the price was less back then.  If we were a family that planned on parking it there for the day and really taking advantage of it, we'd for sure do it.  

• 2 months later...

Just contacted MSC regarding my Yacht Club reservation for Meraviglia in November 2019, I was told the exclusive Yacht Club section on Ocean Cay will not be ready until Spring 2020 (no date specified). There will likely be a small temporary area, but other than a few Cabanas (that you can book through shore excursions), I'm not expecting much.

We're due to be the first to visit OC ... it seems like things are on track for it to be ready for us (apart from the YC area);  at least there are no reports to the contrary for now.  It'll be interesting to see what will be on offer in the temporary YC area.

I have a november cruise on seaside (will be there shortly after Beamafar) and My Reservation is showing "Yacht club Cabanas" for 450 euros, with "water and fruit skewers and 4 beach mats". Sounds like an horrible deal. They are also offering beverage packages and food packages, I was under the impression that this would have been included. Will report after visiting !

7 minutes ago, mtlchris said:

I have a november cruise on seaside (will be there shortly after Beamafar) and My Reservation is showing "Yacht club Cabanas" for 450 euros, with "water and fruit skewers and 4 beach mats". Sounds like an horrible deal. They are also offering beverage packages and food packages, I was under the impression that this would have been included. Will report after visiting !

I also asked about drinks on Ocean Cay for Yacht Club guests and was told that the drink package benefits will transfer to the island. There are a couple of venues that will charge extra for drinks regardless of your package or experience. Also, food is included from different venues on the island as well. You'll have to pay for beach umbrellas though, which I think is a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, NameThatFunnel said:

I also asked about drinks on Ocean Cay for Yacht Club guests and was told that the drink package benefits will transfer to the island.

That's good to know, thank you !

2 minutes ago, NameThatFunnel said:

You'll have to pay for beach umbrellas though, which I think is a bad idea.

Maybe to replicate the lack of shade some have complained about in their reviews of the YC pool deck ? 😂

17 minutes ago, mtlchris said:

Welcome to CC.

Cabanas on the private islands are worth different values to different people.  Some will pay even more for that for a cabana on DCL island.  NCL charges around that much and it varies by ship as to how much they can squeeze out. They don't seem to have problems selling them out.

• Like 1