NCL Epic 8th sept 2019

ttowers

On 2/15/2019 at 9:23 PM, Jane033 said:

I’m going solo. Booked in a studio. 

Hello Jane 033 ,

iM  john ,this will be my first solo cruise and first time on NCL ,any tips would be good . What is best hotel to stay pre cruise etc 

thanks for your help 

Hi John

i haven’t booked a hotel in Barcelona yet. I’m still checking them out. I’m spending a week in Barcelona before the cruise. I plan to book a dinner in a Flamenco club, if you or anyone else would like to join in.  I’ve been to this one, and it was awesome. https://tablaocordobes.es/events/agueda-saavedra-y-saray-la-pitita-flamenco-barcelona

HI Jane ,

Im flying in on the sat night before the cruise so I dont think I would make the show .

Regarding the studio cabins ,have you used these before ?

Do you book shore excursions pre cruise or do you wait to see if a group of solo cruisers form.

thanks 

The last time I went I spent a week in Barcelona and loved it!  Sure glad I did, too. My flights were delayed because of a storm.  I missed my connection and was rerouted through London. My luggage did not arrive with me. It took 3 days to catch up. 

I enjoyed the studio. It was cozy. But I didn’t spend much time there. I found the shower kind of small, but I had a spa pass and was in there daily. 

As for excursions, I did the package, which was a mistake, because I wasn’t able to make any changes.  I haven’t booked any yet. I’m still shopping. But I’m thinking I would rather do small groups. 

I had an injury shortly before I left, and found it difficult to keep up to some of the groups. I even got left behind in Rome!

Thats one reason why I am doing this cruise again. I learned a lot, and missed a lot. But I still really enjoyed it!

I really enjoyed the solo group. We would sign up if we wanted to join in on dinner, and the director would make reservations. We would meet in the evenings after the tours and have a drink and a gab before dinner.  

It it sounds like you are a more experienced cruiser than I am. I found going solo was great fun. There were always people to hang out with if you wanted, but there were no obligations. 

Hi Jane ,

Thanks for Info .I think I will leave booking of excursions until on board .

Yes I have been lucky to cruise a bit ,Love it ,Cant wait to be back at sea .

Have been in Barcelona several times a beautiful city a lot to see and do ..

I used the open top bus tours round the city hop on and hop off really good !

Hi John, went solo on my first cruise last November from Barcelona to Buenos Aires on Costa,  had a great time. As for Barcelona I flew in from Gran Canaria the night before and stayed at Chic and Basic Ramblas hotel. The hotel was 1 minute walk to La Ramblas and if you have wheels on you're suitcase you can walk to your ship. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d2096339-Reviews-Chic_Basic_Ramblas-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

On 2/17/2019 at 3:42 PM, Jane033 said:

Hi John

i haven’t booked a hotel in Barcelona yet. I’m still checking them out. I’m spending a week in Barcelona before the cruise. I plan to book a dinner in a Flamenco club, if you or anyone else would like to join in.  I’ve been to this one, and it was awesome. https://tablaocordobes.es/events/agueda-saavedra-y-saray-la-pitita-flamenco-barcelona

I traveled solo this past fall and spent a few days in Barcelona pre-cruise.  I really enjoyed my stay at Hostal Marenostrum.  Found it through booking.com but learned later that you can book direct.  Recently renovated with great rooms.  About at the center of Las Ramblas at the Liceu Metro stop.  Really convenient for getting around.  Balconies overlooking Ramblas.  Great place for a decent price