Alaska formal nights

copi2boys

Despite the fact that we live in Alaska we have done several Alaska cruises on Celebrity ships as it gives us an excuse to visit another part of our very large state.  I think there is no doubt about it -- Alaska itineraries are definitely more casual in dress than any other Celebrity itinerary we have done.  

8 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Despite the fact that we live in Alaska we have done several Alaska cruises on Celebrity ships as it gives us an excuse to visit another part of our very large state.  I think there is no doubt about it -- Alaska itineraries are definitely more casual in dress than any other Celebrity itinerary we have done.  

More important on Alaska cruises to bring layered clothes than worry about chic nights.

As others have said two evening chic nights that apply only to the Main Dining Room, usually day 2 and day 6. 

Edited by dkjretired

• 1 month later...

We're on the 8 night cruise next May,  I'm not worried about the chic nights as I'm guessing those will be on sea days, (plus we're in blu)  but on the port days, how are most ladies dressed for dinner?  Do most just wear their daytime clothing?  I'm thinking most days I'll be in pants tucked into boots with long sleeved tees & vests, will you see a lot of that in the evening?  Thanks !

People did not wear their day clothes for dinner.  However, it was rather informal and not particularly dressy.  There were hardly any tux or fancy suits.  Dress code called for long sleeve shirts for the men in the restaurants.  It was on the front page every day....

• Like 1

Thanks for the helpful replies, I'll adjust my clothing for dinner time :)

I reread what I posted, & realized I described my clothing as a lot more casual/sloppy than it is,  the boots are really nice tall leather boots that I've worn to dinner on quite a few Celebrity cruises,   I'll swop out my down vest for a cashmere sweater at night & I think I'll be good to go.   

29 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Thanks for the helpful replies, I'll adjust my clothing for dinner time :)

I reread what I posted, & realized I described my clothing as a lot more casual/sloppy than it is,  the boots are really nice tall leather boots that I've worn to dinner on quite a few Celebrity cruises,   I'll swop out my down vest for a cashmere sweater at night & I think I'll be good to go.   

You will be perfectly dressed!  Enjoy!  

• Like 1